Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Kim Davis' (THAT Kim Davis) lawyer is dead sure that marriage equality will be overturned.

http://www.newnownext.com/kim-davis-...d_facebook_nnn
    Unless they change SCOTUS, pipe dream. But lawyers need to feed their families and if someone is footing the bill, by all means Don Quixote, have at it.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Unless they change SCOTUS, pipe dream. But lawyers need to feed their families and if someone is footing the bill, by all means Don Quixote, have at it.
      If he wants to dream, let him. My thought is marriage has already sailed, so the next fight is "religious liberty (for Evangelicals only)."
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        If he wants to dream, let him. My thought is marriage has already sailed, so the next fight is "religious liberty (for Evangelicals only)."
        do as I say, not as I do
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Thomas's wife believes a conspiracy theory about a Soros-backed coup. This is fine. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-clarence.html

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Thomas's wife believes a conspiracy theory about a Soros-backed coup. This is fine. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-clarence.html
            She's not on the Court. Who cares?

Comment

Yeah if it was Clarence then it is a problem...but he probably talks less to his wife than he does to the lawyers in his court

This one just doesnt rank with me and is rather desperate.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Supreme Court on Monday struck down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  ...but he probably talks less to his wife than he does to the lawyers in his court
                  Doesn't that just make him average American working guy (talks to people at work more than spouse)?
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Huh.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Trump might murder someone if that proves true...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The tenth only applies if it helps rich white men.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Doesn't that just make him average American working guy (talks to people at work more than spouse)?
                          Christ, I hope not.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Just made it tougher to sue your employer.
                            Thank god. I was worried that employers didn’t have enough leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Jobs over people. We are always told to vote that way. Now it's at the SCOTUS. That's a brick down from the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                How would that impact lawsuits filed prior to the ruling handed down on whichever court case you're referencing?
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X