Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn to apply to Hockey East

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
    So the Hartford Courant requested and received the consulting report UConn received about the upgrade.
    Well, that is indeed why you are the KING!! Nice job!!

Is it on the Courant web site? Assume it will be in the Sunday paper. Wow, two HE schools declined to participate. Wonder why?

Comment

Here it is:

http://www.courant.com/media/acrobat...7-31130345.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
        Wow, two HE schools declined to participate. Wonder why?
        It would have to be private schools, I would assume BU and BC.

Comment

The value proposition is to go from half a million in the red per year to $2.3 million in the red per year without counting the women's rides in the equation or the Freitas upgrades needed even it they do not play there.

I am guessing this does not fly even though there have been some very declarative statements about going forward and applying to HE.

Comment

The value proposition is to go from half a million in the red per year to $2.3 million in the red per year without counting the women's rides in the equation or the Freitas upgrades needed even it they do not play there.

I am guessing this does not fly even though there have been some very declarative statements about going forward and applying to HE.
            It works for the Congre$$. You gotta spend money to make money, right?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
              It would have to be private schools, I would assume BU and BC.
              BU has usually been friendly.., my guess is BC and UMass
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I'm thinking this has nothing to do with being friendly with UConn or not. I'm guessing that it is BC and BU and they were afraid certain pieces of their information might leak to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Kick {rov and Merrihack out of Hockey Rast for Hahvahd and UConn!
                  2004 called. They want their post back.

BTW: It is spelled {Proviced

Comment

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                    I'm thinking this has nothing to do with being friendly with UConn or not. I'm guessing that it is BC and BU and they were afraid certain pieces of their information might leak to the other.
                    Pieces of their information? Explain.
                    National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                    two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                    b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      I would assume all the public schools participated. That information has to be released anyways b/c they are government institutions, and it is all FOIA-able, so there's no benefit to not saying anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        The report says
                        Two institutions whose hockey programs are recognizable in both Hockey East and in collegiate hockey, did not participate in this survey. As a result, data from Hockey East schools is weighted towards more modest revenues and expenses.
                        I'm honored that you think that the UMass hockey program fits that description.
                        #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          If this happens, I hope the NCAA finds some way to avoid awarding the Ivies an AQ.

Not saying that those teams as a group are necessarily inferior, it's just that I hate AQs, and see no reason for allowing them to trump the PW. We certainly don't need another one dangling out there to further muddy the water.
                          The NC$$ already has an out to not award a 6 team league an AQ. However, the Ivies aren't going to force this split unless it comes at the hands of the other 6 schools in the ECAC. Both like the association with the others right now, with QU being the possible exception. As far as not liking the way the league is run, the Ivies still have majority rule in anything that goes on in the league. If they don't like the way it's being done, they are as culpable as any other institution or the league itself.
                          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                            Pieces of their information? Explain.
                            Salaries. Income. Stuff like that. Giant egos getting bent out of shape and demanding more.

Comment

How in the world are they getting a $13 average ticket price for the Atlantic?

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                                How in the world are they getting a $13 average ticket price for the Atlantic?
                                And an average of 51 suites in ECAC arenas??? With an average of 58 seats?? Among other strange numbers. The AHA sales numbers definitely don't add up. Hopefully, for UConn's sake the critical numbers regarding UConn and HEA are more accurate.
                                -M

Comment

Working...
                                X