X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Shooting II

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The bottom line is the President's response to Vegas and New York and their differences. This country is massively screwed up and stupid when it comes to law enforcement. Yet, Trump attacks the Judicial System in instead which is the one part of the system that actually functions.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Point of order:

It appears the LV shooter was losing/lost a lot of money went nuts.
      The NYC driver did it for religious reasons.

Different root causes for the attacks. I don't care what color you are. It's WHY you did what you did that concerns me. So, the racial comparisons between LV and NY bother me. It's bullsh* reasoning.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
        Most likely, someone privately sold him his gun (or guns) and that sale should only legally take place through a 3rd party that can complete a background check. I’m calling it a night so I’m not going to try to look it up now, but I’d guess that in Texas the sale itself was either legal or the penalty against it is minor. I hope I’m wrong.
        A gun sale from a dealer requires an FFL (federal firearms license) for the transaction. Plus the buyer needs to be run through NICS (by the FFL) to complete the purchase.

If the transaction happened illegally the provider should be charged as an accessory.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          If the transaction happened illegally the provider should be charged as an accessory.
          Yes. All the yes.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Accessory to capital murder. Texas.
            I’m pretty sure I know what the punishment is.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I don't know how to try and change the culture. I really don't. That IS the key, and if anyone has any insight, I'm all ears. We used to solve things with words then it was with fists, and now it's guns. It's quite frightening and sickening.
              You keep saying this, please back it up with some facts. Firearm homicides are way down from the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                You keep saying this, please back it up with some facts. Firearm homicides are way down from the 90s.
                Back up your statement. I see the stats from Chi-town, the mass shootings (which are defined as 4+ killed at one instance, that's the FBI definition), etc.

How are firearm homicides defined? Per capita? Per shooting (killing vs injured), how?

Comment

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/21/gun-homicides-steady-after-decline-in-90s-suicide-rate-edges-up/

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...nes-full-data/

It's too late to argue this for me, so here's the stats on mass shootings and homicide rate. Y'all have fun.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Nothing we can do. Nothing.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      So a lawful gun owner saves a bunch of people from an illegal gun owner yet all we're hearing is that we need more gun control. That pretty much sums up where we're at right now as a country. Facts don't matter anymore apparently.
                      Because we want more people taking the law into their own hands???

Based on this post, we want more people armed instead of less ways for people to kill other people. Which means MORE of these incidents.

Facts- you've got to be kidding me. You are going to pretend that the fact that he was shot by someone other than a police officer that it was a good thing??? Pathetic. I don't see the need for mass vigilantes roaming the country.

Comment

Laws don't matter, but the underlined does. Our CULTURE needs to change.
                        How about a culture of LESS GUNS??? And less bowing down to the NRA/gun industry as if they are a church of something.

When you have the weapons, the want for violence is higher than without weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          How about a culture of LESS GUNS???
                          Fewer.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

AR-15 is the same as any legal gun: one trigger pull, one bang. It just "looks sweeter."
                            How many more rounds than 6-10 are there in a magazine?

How fast can you empty that magazine?

Both can easily be addressed. Except for mindless people like you who want to have unlimited gun access. So that you can shoot back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Fewer.
                              grammar nazi.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Wife abuser. Child abuser. Bad conduct discharge. Was “confined” (aka jailed) by the US military for 12 months.
                                That would lead me to believe he would not be legal to possess a firearm much less purchase one.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-...-church-killer

So where’d he get it? The full force of the law should find and prosecute that.
                                Good thing we have guns around that people like this can get. Regardless if it was legal or not.

But we will NEVER actually do anything. Ever. Not until many of you take your heads out of licking the private parts of the gun industry and the NRA and realize that there are actual reasonable things that can be actually done.

Instead, we just get the same old- bad people will be bad. Talk about a predictable response.

Comment

Working...
                                X