Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Frozen Four sites

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Um, uh, does the host city for the 2018 West Regional have to rename to "Hawks Falls" before March 2018?
    I just asked that question on twitter...no one replied...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      I don't doubt that there's excellent food up in Buffalo, but what else is there?
      Really, unless that shrader guy throws a kick @ ss welcoming party at The Shrader Estate, then there's not much reason to go to Buffalo. Were I younger I wouldn't mind a chance to p !ss on any building owned by Delaware North and Jeremy "Mr. Burns" Jacobs, but can't be bothered now.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Anything west of I-95 may be considered west.

Signed,
        NCAA regionals selection committee
        I always knew that DC was in the west.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is it arenas that make the bids or the schools/leagues that host? Isn't there an arena in Rochester NY where the AHL teams play? Or the Mass Mutual center in Springfield?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Is it arenas that make the bids or the schools/leagues that host? Isn't there an arena in Rochester NY where the AHL teams play? Or the Mass Mutual center in Springfield?
            Its both but obviously the Arena wants to make money on it...many of the midwest regionals have done horribly with attendance so without beer sales, they struggle to turn a profit and most don't bid a 2nd time.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I always knew that DC was in the west.
              It's all about your frame of reference.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Rochester hosted a Regional once (I believe it was the last time Clarkson made the NCAA playoffs).

I know Rochester bid the last time selections were made, but didn't get picked. I don't know if they bid this time around.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Oregon or Maine?
                  Portland, Maine (UMaine) put in for a Regional I believe for 2019. But the committee chose the not so nice cities of Worcester, MA and Bridgeport, CT for the NE and East Regionals for 2018 and for 2019 Manchvegas and Providence were chosen. I assume it all came down to what each host university/city bid for $$$. Too bad as Portland would be a great City to spend a weekend.
                  Last edited by pmcdonald; 04-18-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pmcdonald View Post
                    Portland, Maine put in for a Regional I believe for 2019. But the committee chose the not so nice cities of Worcester, MA and Bridgeport, CT for the NE and East Regionals for 2018 and for 2019 Manchvegas and Providence were chosen. I assume it all came down to what each host university/city bid for $$$. Too bad as Portland would be a great City to spend a weekend.
                    New York City to Portland, ME: 315 miles
                    UND campus to Sanford Premier Center ("Hawks" Falls): 320 miles.

And how many DI programs do you drive past from NYC to Portland?
                    I guess easterners can't be bothered with more than a 100 mile drive. < shrug >
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I just asked that question on twitter...no one replied...
                      My guess is because, as a joke, it's not actually funny.

Not sure about the relevance of New York here.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                        My guess is because, as a joke, it's not actually funny.

Not sure about the relevance of New York here.
                        Its not a joke, why is one ok? The NCAA acts all superior and a name is name...its ok in one instance but not another? Its all about the same thing. Not to mention the NCAA chooses to base its operations in Indianapolis, Indiana...

Comment

UND campus to Sanford Premier Center ("Hawks" Falls): 320 miles.

And how many DI programs do you drive past from NYC to Portland?
                          I guess easterners can't be bothered with more than a 100 mile drive. < shrug >
                          Make the drive from Manhattan to Portland, Maine then come back and talk about it in comparison to Grand Forks to Sioux Falls.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Rochester hosted a Regional once (I believe it was the last time Clarkson made the NCAA playoffs).

I know Rochester bid the last time selections were made, but didn't get picked. I don't know if they bid this time around.
                            Last time we were a #1 seed.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Make the drive from Manhattan to Portland, Maine then come back and talk about it in comparison to Grand Forks to Sioux Falls.
                              Carly Simon never wrote about Sioux Falls (or Grand Forks).
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Last time we were a #1 seed.
                                And UMass beat them in the first game. Thanks to a certain goalie named Jonathan Quick...
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X