17 Erin Burns D Jr - unknown
    18 Katie Dods F So - unknown
    19 Kristin Richards F So RMU?
    20 Daniela Dal Colle F Jr - unknown
    21 Jessica Hitchcock F So - UNH
    22 Kalli Funk F Fr - unknown
    25 Chelsea Witwicke D So - unknown
    31 Sarah Moses G So - unknown
    35 Abby Ryplanski G Fr - Bemidji (unofficial)

Jocie Slattery from UConn to Lindenwood

Re: Transfers for 2012-13

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
    Jocie Slattery from UConn to Lindenwood
    When are transfers official? I know of several girls that are transferring but I'm not sure it is appropriate to post until they are attending their new school. Its one thing to post transfers of Niagra girls since Niagra isn't going to sponsor hockey anymore but I wonder about the appropriateness of posting names of girls if they can change their mind.

As far as the other UCONN girl that someone else alluded to, it is my understanding that she announced that she was leaving the team, giving up hockey and returning home to go to college. I don't think that's the kind of transfer you are looking for on this site.
    Last edited by SlewFoot; 04-06-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
      When are transfers official? I know of several girls that are transferring but I'm not sure it is appropriate to post until they are attending their new school. Its one thing to post transfers of Niagra girls since Niagra isn't going to sponsor hockey anymore but I wonder about the appropriateness of posting names of girls if they can change their mind.

As far as the other UCONN girl that someone else alluded to, it is my understanding that she announced that she was leaving the team, giving up hockey and returning home to go to college. I don't think that's the kind of transfer you are looking for on this site.
      Transfers will become official once the students/players sign a National Letter of Intent (NLI), which a 1 year contract. The next signing period I believe starts on April 15 and will continue for two weeks.

So Essentially none of the Niagara transfers are yet official.

Comment

Good points.

I know of a player that has transferred from Quinny to OSU and attending school currently

Comment

Originally posted by rugrats View Post
          Transfers will become official once the students/players sign a National Letter of Intent (NLI), which a 1 year contract. The next signing period I believe starts on April 15 and will continue for two weeks.

So Essentially none of the Niagara transfers are yet official.
          I think you are using a definition of transfer that is too strict. The National Letter of Intent is only for those getting athletic scholarship money. I would imagine that most of the Niagra girls that transfer will not get any scholarship money, at least not right away, because it is so late in the process. So when is it official for those not signing a NLI?

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
            I think you are using a definition of transfer that is too strict. The National Letter of Intent is only for those getting athletic scholarship money. I would imagine that most of the Niagra girls that transfer will not get any scholarship money, at least not right away, because it is so late in the process. So when is it official for those not signing a NLI?
            Good point....

Comment

Originally posted by rugrats View Post
              Good point....
              I'm guessing its only appropriate to announce a transfer when the team announces it, the girl announces it, when she enrolls in the new school or some mainstream publication announces it. However, I would still like to know the point of no return (i.e. when is a player committed to her new team if she doesn't sign a NLI?).
              Last edited by SlewFoot; 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I think if a player is actually at the new school it would be ok also.

Comment

I know of a player that has transferred from Quinny to OSU and attending school currently
                  I think if a player is actually at the new school it would be ok also.
                  Well if you think it's OK....
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Yes, after I posted it I thought man am I an idiot most of the time.

Comment

Yes, after I posted it I thought man am I an idiot most of the time.
                      Come on WCHFan, who is it?!? Coach Handrahan is a Niagara grad so I wondered if he would try to snag any of the Niagara girls. We played them this season so he got a good look at their personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                        Come on WCHFan, who is it?!? Coach Handrahan is a Niagara grad so I wondered if he would try to snag any of the Niagara girls. We played them this season so he got a good look at their personnel.
                        Don't know too much about her. Kara Gust So D who is attending class from what I heard. I was surprised no one from Niagara has transferred to OSU as they only have 1 forward in next years Jr class and it looked like NU had a few nice Jr forwards. I know one player is from Cleveland? I know OSU has 3 forwards and 1 D coming in next year so maybe their set.
                        Last edited by WCHFan; 04-07-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Niagara's frosh goalie is headed to Bemidji

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                            Niagara's frosh goalie is headed to Bemidji
                            That is a good fit. Bemidji needs goaltending, as its top two were both seniors, and for somebody from Winnipeg, the location works well, also.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

So still kind of curious...., who's transferring to BU? Assuming a D since we're losing more players at that position than gaining. Depending on who it is, that might make 3 straight seasons of BU getting an impact transfer.

Comment

Working...
                              X