Future of the NEHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
    USM isn't going into the MASCAC, it was explored but there were many factors why they didn't that i can't get into....
    And in 2 years Redlight gets to renew tbe rivalry that broke his heart night after night.

But I will attest that Gorham has a very good hospital.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Future of the NEHC

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      And in 2 years Redlight gets to renew tbe rivalry that broke his heart night after night.

But I will attest that Gorham has a very good hospital.

I remember that night/play like it was yesterday....

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
        No, I'm not saying you're making it up. I'm just not connected enough (or maybe just not intuitive enough...) to figure out what the reason would be.
        Sorry, on a message board sometimes it's hard to tell if it's sarcasm or not....My apologizes

Comment

Sorry, on a message board sometimes it's hard to tell if it's sarcasm or not....My apologizes
          We need a sarcasm font. Like this
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            We need a sarcasm font. Like this
            Yes we do!

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              The locker rooms rival large closets. The ice surface has more ripples than Lake Ontario on a breezy late fall day. The city finally purchased a new zamboni and boards this year, but for what has been a strong program the past decade, the team deserves better. If Taylor could recruit with a real rink / facility, I think you'd see more from them....but then again I am bias lol
              When was the last time you skated at the cooler? Some of the best ice I've skated on. Definately not an elite college hockey facility but gets the job done and definately gives the Statesmen home ice advantage
              Hobart Statesmen
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              Boston College Eagles
              Providence College Friars

#EasternBias is the only way

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"
              Cox: "Isn't it obvious? For the girls."

Comment

Not really, if you think long and hard, it's pretty obvious...I just don't feel comfortable saying why on the internet...If you feel like I am making it up, I think I have built up enough creditably to make "mysterious" statements like that...
                No, you haven't. If you allude to certain things via some supposed place of "credibility" you grant yourself you should expect people to ask questions. Since you're so credible and all it should come as no surprise that people will wish to absorb your wisdom. When you bring up some topic from years ago that only you seem to be bothered by, feel free to actually explain it instead of playing games. Until then, shut up and don't bring it up in the first place as the self-appointed credibility defense is about as valuable as USM's spot in the league standings.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Trev View Post
                  When was the last time you skated at the cooler? Some of the best ice I've skated on. Definately not an elite college hockey facility but gets the job done and definately gives the Statesmen home ice advantage
                  Thursday, and that's exactly my point. Hobart deserves some of the best for the program coach Taylor has put together with what he has had. When you're dodging ripples, ice chunks from a leaky roof, and then the zamboni end rough surface it doesn't make for "home ice advantage". Surely there are worse out there, but when the local YMCA has a better ice surface than one of the top college hockey programs in DIII and locker rooms that I'd be afraid to even bath my dog in. It's time to stop "getting the job done" and start giving Hobart the "elite college hockey facility".
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Thursday, and that's exactly my point. Hobart deserves some of the best for the program coach Taylor has put together with what he has had. When you're dodging ripples, ice chunks from a leaky roof, and then the zamboni end rough surface it doesn't make for "home ice advantage". Surely there are worse out there, but when the local YMCA has a better ice surface than one of the top college hockey programs in DIII and locker rooms that I'd be afraid to even bath my dog in. It's time to stop "getting the job done" and start giving Hobart the "elite college hockey facility".
                    I completely agree. Although, when I played back in the early 90's the Cooler had a decent sheet of ice...it was hard, "fast" ice. Everything else about the place was a joke. Christ - it was still an open-rink back then!

As you've pointed out before, the fact that Coach Taylor has been able to build such a successful program with a sub-par, off-campus facility speaks volumes to his and his assistants' recruiting skills. They've been talking about putting a rink on campus since I was there. However, I imagine trying to convince the ultra-PC alumni network that millions should be spent on athletics must feel like trying to push a rope. Now that William Smith has a team I hope that conversation gets easier...as I have heard over the years that the idea of spending all that $$ on something that benefitted the men and not the women was a sticking point.

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
                      I completely agree. Although, when I played back in the early 90's the Cooler had a decent sheet of ice...it was hard, "fast" ice. Everything else about the place was a joke. Christ - it was still an open-rink back then!

As you've pointed out before, the fact that Coach Taylor has been able to build such a successful program with a sub-par, off-campus facility speaks volumes to his and his assistants' recruiting skills. They've been talking about putting a rink on campus since I was there. However, I imagine trying to convince the ultra-PC alumni network that millions should be spent on athletics must feel like trying to push a rope. Now that William Smith has a team I hope that conversation gets easier...as I have heard over the years that the idea of spending all that $$ on something that benefitted the men and not the women was a sticking point.
                      I think the fact that it is a pretty good school academically helps as well?

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post

Its not soft and mush by any means, but the whole system was outdated and just not on the level as other high ranking DIII schools.

The rest of the rink.... the city / school really need to work together and come up with something. The rumors fly around the rink all the time, but nothing concrete. Maybe someday.....
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The rumors fly around the rink all the time, but nothing concrete. Maybe someday.....
                          Hence, it's all framed with wood?
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBlight View Post
                            No, you haven't. If you allude to certain things via some supposed place of "credibility" you grant yourself you should expect people to ask questions. Since you're so credible and all it should come as no surprise that people will wish to absorb your wisdom. When you bring up some topic from years ago that only you seem to be bothered by, feel free to actually explain it instead of playing games. Until then, shut up and don't bring it up in the first place as the self-appointed credibility defense is about as valuable as USM's spot in the league standings.
                            Yes sir, boy now I feel ashamed...You told me! I feed the troll, sorry guys!
                            Last edited by hockeyfan77; 03-04-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I was at Hobart until this year and I didn't have any major gripes with the facility... Nonetheless, there was a story I heard that Pierre McGuire wanted to make a donation towards the hockey program directly a few years back and
                              Mike Hanna wanted to distribute any donation across the athletic program. HWS doesn't have money up the wahoo to do any major project (a new rink for example), but I wonder if a couple hundred thousand dollars could expand the cooler on the overhang side up the hill and replace the roof. Obviously, I don't think spending money on a building that isn't HWS' is the best idea... I think the program is doing a-ok with or without a grade A facility.
                              Hobart Statesmen
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              Boston College Eagles

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"

Comment

The community locker rooms are pretty bad haha. Hobart's locker room isn't too bad for a tiny rink like the Cooler
                                Hobart Statesmen
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                Boston College Eagles

Comment

Working...
                                X