Utica College 2016/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
    Blame it on the NCAA. Their rule, right along with no advertising in the rink.
    Advertising is OK as long as you are one of the NCAA's "Corporate Champions".

No Pepsi. Coke only.
    If the Aud has suites, you can get beer / alcohol in the suite before the NCAA controls the building and consume it during tbe games.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Gotta love Beer Advocate!

Craft fans will love the Saranac lineup. And do take the free brewery tour and enjoy the complimentary suds at its conclusion. (They say it's a 2-beer limit, but I've never known them to enforce that.)

And, while no beer will be on sale at the games, Gerber's is a block away. They have crafts on tap and above-average pub grub in a nicely restored little space.

PS: The Aud has instituted a BS "No Re-entry" policy this year... I don't know if that will apply between games or just during them, but you might want to check on it.
      I would think between games you could leave then go through security again. It's possible some would have only one game ticket. I know in lake placid that was the case.....between games leave and come back. Hope so anyway. Businesses will be pretty mad if they can't grab some sales from this.

Comment

• Re: Utica College 2016/2017

Utica Comet games have no readmittance. That might be N/A here though. Also be prepared to go thru the metal detectors (just like at the airport).
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by hue-z View Post
          I would think between games you could leave then go through security again. It's possible some would have only one game ticket. I know in lake placid that was the case.....between games leave and come back. Hope so anyway. Businesses will be pretty mad if they can't grab some sales from this.
          Pretty sure that'll be the case: just no re-entry during any one game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Pretty sure that'll be the case: just no re-entry during any one game.
            Depends on how the game is ticketed. The fear would be that after the first semifinal people could leave and hand their ticket off to somebody on the outside. Unless they stamp hands, or something like that they won't be able to prevent that. I think you are going to be captive - unless there are separate tickets for the two semis
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              I thought Schaefer's was the one beer to have when you're having more than one.
              It sure is:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P55kYs15p_o
              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Depends on how the game is ticketed. The fear would be that after the first semifinal people could leave and hand their ticket off to somebody on the outside. Unless they stamp hands, or something like that they won't be able to prevent that. I think you are going to be captive - unless there are separate tickets for the two semis
                I'll ask the staff tonight and relay what I learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  Two tickets would force you to empty the arena and re-enter...
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                    Two tickets would force you to empty the arena and re-enter...
                    True, but without re-entry control of some type it is the only way that there would be assurance that people who re-enter the arena had a ticket to do so. Heck, otherwise you could buy a ticket, use it in the first game, exit and sell it to somebody outside who didn't have one - you could probably even make a profit on the deal - which I'm sure would displease the NCAA.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something, but if it's going to be 1 ticket for 2 games, why would the NCAA care if you passed off your ticket to someone else. They'd already have their money. Plus profit is a good thing. You can get more beer!

Comment

True, but without re-entry control of some type it is the only way that there would be assurance that people who re-enter the arena had a ticket to do so. Heck, otherwise you could buy a ticket, use it in the first game, exit and sell it to somebody outside who didn't have one - you could probably even make a profit on the deal - which I'm sure would displease the NCAA.
                        I've been to a ton of D-1 Regionals, and they have always allowed egress and ingress between games. I'm assuming the same at this event, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          I've been to a ton of D-1 Regionals, and they have always allowed egress and ingress between games. I'm assuming the same at this event, but who knows.
                          DI frozen fours usually have separate tickets for all three games (with a long break between games).

Comment

DI frozen fours usually have separate tickets for all three games (with a long break between games).
                            No, the Regional formula has applied in the FF, too: games at 5 and 8 for the first round (one ticket), and another ticket for the Final.

Anyway, I sought-out the top Aud mucky-muck tonight, and he clearly had no idea how it's going to work at Utica yet.

I strongly suspect that the doors will open between the semifinal games. Just hold onto your ticket while you dine.

Comment

As far as the game went tonight, Naz deserved the win. They played outstanding D and blocked a ton of shots. Utica fought like a cornered pit-bull, but just couldn't solve the trap and the terrific effort down low from Nazareth.

Hate to say it, but that game was likely the dagger. Even if UC wins the W tournament, they're going to need some very serious help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                As far as the game went tonight, Naz deserved the win. They played outstanding D and blocked a ton of shots. Utica fought like a cornered pit-bull, but just couldn't solve the trap and the terrific effort down low from Nazareth.

Hate to say it, but that game was likely the dagger. Even if UC wins the W tournament, they're going to need some very serious help.
                                I agree, I think they're out
                                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Working...
                                X