X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    It is not revenue neutral so the Byrd Rule applies. It isnt gospel but it is a problem.

And the voters know all about this stuff, that is why 4 months ago when Graham brought it up at a rally he was booed off the stage and they chanted "your last term". Just like the electorate (even the Red Ones) got educated on Health Care they arent blind to what this is...
    You didn't read the fine print. It is revenue neutral if they make the necessary cuts from the budget.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      stupid republicans

i'm going to come out and say that I probably don't pay enough taxes. Yes, some stupid righty will say "there is nothing stopping you from cutting a check and sending it to the U.S. treasury". Well instead of doing that, I contribute to multiple conservation organizations (Friends of Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument, Natural Resources Council of Maine, Maine Coast Heritage Trust, Downeast Lakes Land Trust, Maine Farmland Trust, Access Fund, etc), which I view as additional tax that I _need_ to pay. I'd have no problem paying additional federal taxes on top of this, but only if that is combined with a massive reduction in defense spending. Having a few people volunteer to do so isn't going to fix it, everyone needs to pay more (well, maybe not everyone, but at lest anyone making over 100K). Even proposing tax cuts is irresponsible right now.
      Considering we have been $500B plus in the hole each year for the last 15 years I would strongly agree with you. We should try to cut some expenses as well.

Some excellent charities you are donating to, well done.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        You didn't read the fine print. It is revenue neutral if they make the necessary cuts from the budget.
        The cuts have to come though, they cant just say they will. That is why Obamacare needed to be repealed BEFORE taxes. There isnt enough time to cut the needed stuff (and boy howdy will there be a war when they try and cut the wrong things) and pass such a sweeping tax reform.

And by the way there is no guarantee the GOP stays home. There is no loyalty right now and since Trump is backing the plan it doubles the issue. If you are a Senator or Rep in a vulnerable district you have the same issue with this as you did with Health Care.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          The cuts have to come though, they cant just say they will. That is why Obamacare needed to be repealed BEFORE taxes. There isnt enough time to cut the needed stuff (and boy howdy will there be a war when they try and cut the wrong things) and pass such a sweeping tax reform.

And by the way there is no guarantee the GOP stays home. There is no loyalty right now and since Trump is backing the plan it doubles the issue. If you are a Senator or Rep in a vulnerable district you have the same issue with this as you did with Health Care.
          Nope. Americans still want Obamacre repealed. They still don't know it's the Affordable Care Act. They also don't know that the GOP is preventing it from being a good law by preventing any tweaks to it from occurring.

Those same people will see "tax cut" as money in their pocket and they won't care if Warren Buffett gets a windfall.

Democrats need to start lying to people cause they're too dumb to learn the truth.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

At this point I don't know if the GOP Congress could pass a bill declaring that rain is wet.

Regarding taxes, who the hell knows. There's blood in the water after the healthcare debacle to sniff out any plan that smacks of a giveaway to the rich at the expense of everyone else. That's exactly that Weasel Paul Ryan and Itch want to do. I kinda doubt the Duck Dynasty crowd (aside from maybe the dude himself) is really clamoring for cutting the top tier tax rate and corp tax rate in half. I'd also say Collins and Murkowski don't have a ton of reasons to vote for it as their states aren't exactly teeming with the uber-rich. Can Itch maintain discipline amongst the other 50 including loons like Moore-Paul-Cruz? Don't know, but McConnell hasn't exactly been hitting it out of the park lately.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

More stupidity.

With Democrats across the country energized by the election of Mr. Trump, some analysts say Democrats now have an outside chance to pick up the seat — even in a deeply conservative state like Alabama. But if Mr. Moore wins, he will almost certainly be a wild card in the Senate, where Mr. McConnell is already struggling to keep his majority of 52 Republicans in line.
              https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/u...imes&smtyp=cur

If any Democrat Organization, etc. spends money in Alabama thinking they could win like they did in Georgia they've learned NOTHING.

Comment

More stupidity.

If any Democrat Organization, etc. spends money in Alabama thinking they could win like they did in Georgia they've learned NOTHING.
                Think of it this way Scoobs. Dems need to go all out to turn out their (read: non-white and college aged) supporters. That's like 30-40% of the voters. Hence a big loss usually. Beyond that, you're just going to have to hope enough Republicans don't want to be embarrassed by the guy on a daily basis and vote for your candidate. That's out of the Dems hands, but organizing and GOTV in friendly areas is not. Is that likely? No not at all but doing nothing equals a loss anyway so there's nothing to lose. There's a reason why Todd Akin and Richard Murdoch aren't in the Senate right now. Its because Republican voters turned around and voted for the Democrat instead of being stuck with them. Might as well give it a go.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Think of it this way Scoobs. Dems need to go all out to turn out their (read: non-white and college aged) supporters. That's like 30-40% of the voters. Hence a big loss usually. Beyond that, you're just going to have to hope enough Republicans don't want to be embarrassed by the guy on a daily basis and vote for your candidate. That's out of the Dems hands, but organizing and GOTV in friendly areas is not. Is that likely? No not at all but doing nothing equals a loss anyway so there's nothing to lose. There's a reason why Todd Akin and Richard Murdoch aren't in the Senate right now. Its because Republican voters turned around and voted for the Democrat instead of being stuck with them. Might as well give it a go.
                  Todd Akin would have won that race going away if Claire McCaskill hadn't been the opponent. Doug Jones is no Claire McCaskill.

Comment

Senate Republicans are sticking to their plans to pass a tax bill with 50 Republican votes, despite Democratic pleas not to be sidelined as they were on health care.

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday reaffirmed the GOP’s long-standing intention to shield any tax overhaul from a likely Democratic filibuster by using the procedural protections of budget reconciliation.

In explaining his decision to reporters, the Kentucky Republican cited a Tuesday letter from 45 Democratic senators urging Republicans not to use reconciliation and vowing to oppose a tax plan that adds to the deficit or cuts the annual bill of the richest 1 percent of taxpayers.

“We will need to use reconciliation” for taxes in the wake of Democrats’ statement that they are “not interested in addressing” Republican priorities, McConnell said.
                    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...p-votes-241212

This is from a while ago but it shows the plan.

And if not that with Mitch being powerless they may just decide to kill the filibuster which Kepler is full steam ahead on.

Comment

Todd Akin would have won that race going away if Claire McCaskill hadn't been the opponent. Doug Jones is no Claire McCaskill.
                      True enough, but again I don't think you can just sit back and hope Moore self-destructs. He's favored to win either way. Might as well engage and go all out.

Comment

!!!!!! Widespread voter fraud discovered in New York !!!!!!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I would anticipate he will be the new darling of the Democratic Party given this news.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/704464001/

No new ideas on Health Care. No new ideas on Taxes. That entire party is worthless and destroying the United States.
                            The Republican Party since 1978 has been the most successful criminal enterprise in American history. The only thing to rival them in world history has been the Russian Oligarchs. It is no surprise they are now allies.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Prior to 2009, his New Jersey voter registration noted his gender as “unknown.”
                              that was before his firmware was updated to include the concept of gender. Apparently they installed the gender awareness code that was meant for Ivanka. Dude is obviously a robot.

Comment

More stupidity.

It's Alabama, there is no way Moore loses this race. Having said that, I still think they need to spend money in Alabama. It's going to take a generation to make any progress, but they need to promote Democrat ideals and support the candidates, even in a republican hellhole like Alabama. Over time they may start to make some gains at the local level, and eventually things will be less of a blow-out for statewide/national elections (but I doubt you and I will ever see another Democrat win a statewide race in our lifetime).

Comment

Working...
                                X