This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    Sarcasm my friend. Thought you knew me a little better than that. Anyhoo carry on.
    I think we're both guilty. I thought "amiright" would be the tipoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      1. Kiss my ***.
      2. Yes, your brilliant post really hit close to home. My dad was a writer on Walk Hard.
      3. You suck and your posts suck. I hope a tsunami hits the Philippines and you are the only casualty.
      Yeah but I gave you pos rep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I think we're both guilty. I thought "amiright" would be the tipoff.
        Obviously went over my head
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          A 21 year old Canadien freshman goalie gets the shutout for the Gophers over SCSU 2-0. All of a sudden Gopher fans are saying so what if he’s from Canada.
          Gophers gave up recruiting only Minnesotans, and only Americans back around the turn of the century? *** are you talking about???

Part of that was in response to Woog's never winning a title, and Minnesotans feeling a few non-Minnesotans would be ok. Another part was that the work of making THE State of Hockey, into what it is, and the hard work of guys like John and Cliff paying off, was for the most part, DONE. UMn's women's program was up and going and doing very well, because of women in THE State of Hockey also being awesome. Former Gophers had led the Gophers to multiple Titles, and Wisconsin to multiple Titles and UND to multiple Titles in men's hockey and had even led a team to a Stanley Cup Title. The NHL was now a believer in collegian hockey players being ready for the NHL, and UMD, SCSU, Mankato St and even little Bemidji St were all now Div 1 programs, and were all in the Mighty old WCHA, so what else was needed to be done for college hockey in the US, or for US Olympic hockey???

So the fact that you are bringing this us as if it's significant, is kind of funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
            Gophers gave up recruiting only Minnesotans, and only Americans back around the turn of the century? *** are you talking about???

Part of that was in response to Woog's never winning a title, and Minnesotans feeling a few non-Minnesotans would be ok. Another part was that the work of making THE State of Hockey, into what it is, and the hard work of guys like John and Cliff paying off, was for the most part, DONE. UMn's women's program was up and going and doing very well, because of women in THE State of Hockey also being awesome. Former Gophers had led the Gophers to multiple Titles, and Wisconsin to multiple Titles and UND to multiple Titles in men's hockey and had even led a team to a Stanley Cup Title. The NHL was now a believer in collegian hockey players being ready for the NHL, and UMD, SCSU, Mankato St and even little Bemidji St were all now Div 1 programs, and were all in the Mighty old WCHA, so what else was needed to be done for college hockey in the US, or for US Olympic hockey???

So the fact that you are bringing this us as if it's significant, is kind of funny.
            No one cares.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Hook, line, and sinker. To easy
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                I am here to talk about... their one bid conference.
                One bid conference??? Right now the PWR has the B1G as a solid FOUR bid conference. The NCHC, as it stands RIGHT NOW, is more susceptible to getting only 3 in, than the B1G, as PSU is ranked #12 right now, and UNO is #13, in the PWR

Comment

One bid conference??? Right now the PWR has the B1G as a solid FOUR bid conference. The NCHC, as it stands RIGHT NOW, is more susceptible to getting only 3 in, than the B1G, as PSU is ranked #12 right now, and UNO is #13, in the PWR
                  SCSU, Denver, UND and WMU are in the top 10. Granted, when pretty much all the NCHC are in the top 20 it’s easy to miss one.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Gopher fans were asking for the thread to be locked because they were getting clowned on so bad.
                    Yeah, some Gopher fans are total wusses! I couldn't care less what 2 or 3 wimpy Gopher fans think of me. They were scared the Gophers were going to get swept by the Huskies. I wasn't. I didn't think they would get swept, but it wouldn't have bothered me had they gotten swept. I mean SCSU got swept by DU. And UMn swept Clarkson.

But UMn got the split, and so is 3-3-0 vs teams ranked #1 right now in the PWR(SCSU), KRACH(Notre Dame) & Massey Ratings(Clarkson).

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      SCSU, Denver, UND and WMU are in the top 10. Granted, when pretty much all the NCHC are in the top 20 it’s easy to miss one.
                      You have to be right, lol. I got DU's Krach and Massey ratings listed, but somehow missed them on the PWR? That did seem peculiar since the PWR is the NCHC's most favorable rating service right now. I never claimed I was perfect,

Comment

I am here to talk about the #1 hockey team in the country and the #1 hockey conference and contrast them with the #3 hockey team in the state and their one bid conference. If Gopher fans want to lie and say we are begging for respect, I will point that out.
                        You should rephrase that as the #1 hockey team in the country, as determined by the worst ratings system EVER PRODUCED in sports history, the RPI/PWR. Because the neither the KRACH or the Massey Ratings has SCSU even in the Top 3.

BOTH the KRACH and the Massey Ratings have SCSU ranked #4.

Comment

SCSU fans act like the PWR rankings are the end all and be all and that its ranking is the Gospel truth, but all the PWR does is determine who gets in and what seeds they get.

The PWR, does NOT determine who wins the games!!!

So consulting other ranking/rating systems is more than legitimate, it should be assumed to be a required thing to do.

What does it say that SINCE I CALLED SCSU's resume into question last week, the KRACH and Massey Ratings BOTH dropped SCSU from #2 and #3, to #4 in both.

Not even Top 3 in either???
                          Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 01-08-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

SCSU fans act like the PWR rankings are the end all and be all and that its ranking is the Gospel truth, but all the PWR does is determine who gets in and what seeds they get.

The PWR, does NOT determine who wins the games!!!

So consulting other ranking/rating systems is more than legitimate, it should be assumed to be a required thing to do.

What does it say that SINCE I CALLED SCSU's resume into question last week, the KRACH and Massey Ratings BOTH dropped SCSU from #2 and #3, to #4 in both.

Not even Top 3 in either???
                            Nothing matters til the tournament. All that matters is research funding, goals scored by players who played for your program 13 years ago, and the Massey ratings.

Have fun talking to yourself.

Sincerely,
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

You people poke fun of me when I bring up that the Gophers have played the toughest SOS in the nation?

UMn has played SIX games vs teams ranked #1 in the nation by at least one of the 3 main ranking/rating services, and have won 3 of those 6 games.

PWR has SCSU ranked #1, UMn won the home game, lost the road game.

KRACH has N Dm ranked #1, UMn lost both ROAD games.

Massey's Rating has Clarkson ranked #1, UMn won both HOME games.

All 3 teams are ranked Top 4 in all 3 rankings/ratings. So call that a very authoritative 3-3 record vs Top 4 teams.

UMn split with UND on the ROAD.

Any other team in the nation with double digit games vs Top Ten competition, including SEVEN ROAD GAMES??????????

We won ALL THREE HOME games, and one of the 7 road games!!!

4-6 vs Top Ten teams.

SCSU is only 3-3-1 vs Top Ten teams, with 3 home games, and ONLY FOUR road games. SCSU with only 2 home wins, and just like the Gophers, only 1 road win vs a Top Ten team.

UMn with 4 wins over Top Ten teams, SCSU with only 3.

4 > 3

Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 01-15-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Good Lord get a life
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X