Scores for Championship Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

With Nichols getting the AQ, I've got to think there will be 3 CCC teams getting in. Pretty cool for that league - hats off to them.

Sure seems like Salve's resume keeps them as the #1 seed in the East. I am wondering with the UNE loss and Hobart win, does Hobart jump over UNE as the #2 seed? Looking at them head-to-head, I think they will end up 2-2 in primary criteria. Hobart will take RnK and I think will eek ahead in SOS after tonight's games (not sure on this one). UNE takes win% and eeks out the point in COP (vs Norwich and So. Maine, UNE is 2-0 vs Hobart 6-0-1). So....if they go to secondary criteria I would guess they'd look at L25...both teams had long unbeaten streaks but the UNE loss would give Hobart the nod on this one.

Any one have a different take?

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
      Will be interesting to see who gets shipped out to Adrian! The scheduling is as intriguing as who gets selected. Geneseo being within 500 miles of Adrian always makes me anxious.
      Adrian lost so will probably get an at large and be the traveler this time !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        Figure SNC to be #1 West. What's keeping Adrian from being #2 West especially with the UWSP loss?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Adrian will still be the #2 in the West. I have no doubt about that. They host a quarterfinal round.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
            I am wondering with the UNE loss and Hobart win, does Hobart jump over UNE as the #2 seed?
            In Geneseo after the game, we were wondering if Hobart jumps UNE for #2 in the East. And then, if so, does that mean they will not align the bracket so that the winner of the Hobart play-in game (assuming Hobart still has to play one) has to go to Adrian, to avoid a #2 vs. #2 in the quarterfinals.

Like I said, very interesting decisions to be made regarding matchups and home sites and play-in game participants.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Just got back from Geneseo. They steamrolled Fredonia from the get go. Geneseo had a hop in their step from the opening faceoff, that’s for sure.

Will be very interesting to see who is home and where the play-in games will be East vs. West). That is after the interesting decision of who gets the Pool C bids...
              Really well-balanced scoring for the Knights this season, and much stronger on Defense and in Goal than last year. I know a lot of people figured they would have trouble scoring without Collins and Hills, but this sophomore group is really something special. The DI transfers on defense have been very solid as well.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                Really well-balanced scoring for the Knights this season, and much stronger on Defense and in Goal than last year. I know a lot of people figured they would have trouble scoring without Collins and Hills, but this sophomore group is really something special. The DI transfers on defense have been very solid as well.
                That sophomore group makes it very scary for the rest of the conference the next two years.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

The selection show is 10:00am Monday, correct?
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

In Geneseo after the game, we were wondering if Hobart jumps UNE for #2 in the East. And then, if so, does that mean they will not align the bracket so that the winner of the Hobart play-in game (assuming Hobart still has to play one) has to go to Adrian, to avoid a #2 vs. #2 in the quarterfinals.

Like I said, very interesting decisions to be made regarding matchups and home sites and play-in game participants.
                    I think this sets up 2 QF in the West. Hobart will probably pass UNE and might even pass SLV (can't see that data, but theirWIN, RNK, and SOS get better after playing (and beating Norwich). I can't see a 2 vs. 2 quarterfinal. Of course, I'm usually wrong when I try to predict these outcomes.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The selection show is 10:00am Monday, correct?
                      10:30
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        I think this sets up 2 QF in the West. Hobart will probably pass UNE and might even pass SLV (can't see that data, but theirWIN, RNK, and SOS get better after playing (and beating Norwich). I can't see a 2 vs. 2 quarterfinal. Of course, I'm usually wrong when I try to predict these outcomes.
                        I’m starting to lean towards that, too.

Unless they want to try and get three eastern teams to Lake Placid...
                        Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-04-2018, 09:34 AM.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

I’m starting to lean towards that, too.

Unless they want to try and get three eastern teams to Lake Placid...
                          The draw is a dog anyway with both Plattsburgh, Norwich and probably Oswego sitting home. The only hope is Hobart.

Now, picture the same teams next year. Where do you put the finals?
                          Cooler?
                          Portsmouth Abbey (Salve)
                          Alfond (UNE)
                          CCC?
                          Arrington?
                          Last edited by joecct; 03-04-2018, 10:09 AM.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            The draw is a dog anyway with both Plattsburgh, Norwich and probably Oswego sitting home. The only hope is Hobart.

Cooler?
                            Portsmouth Abbey (Salve)
                            Alfond (UNE)
                            CCC?
                            Arrington?
                            It’s supposed to be out West next year.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Cooler?
                              Portsmouth Abbey (Salve)
                              Alfond (UNE)
                              CCC?
                              Arrington?
                              Seeing how the Cooler can't host a youth minor hockey tournament I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're out lol
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Tim Derozier's call of Nicksic's game winner. Call comes at 2:37:20.
                                5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Working...
                                X