Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
    I’ve heard the league charges schools a flat fee to host each game. Ticket prices are left up to the schools to cover that expense.

There could be a rule against how much more you can raise prices but I have no idea.
    Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

• Re: Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

2017-18 NMU Hockey (23-13-3) National Rankings

March 5th, 2018

#18 - PAIRWISE
      #18 - RPI
      #19 - USCHO
      #19 - USA TODAY
      #21 - KRACH

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
        Same officials worked both the last Anchorage home game and this weekend’s series in at NMU. You do realize that they may not have have the same view as you did in Anchorage.
        Not sure what that statement means. Are you saying the refs didn't see the hit that I saw, or are you saying they saw it but didn't think it was a penalty?
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Not sure what that statement means. Are you saying the refs didn't see the hit that I saw, or are you saying they saw it but didn't think it was a penalty?
          I didn’t see the hit from the same angle as the officials did in Anchorage, so I can’t speak for them, nor can I assume what they thought.

Comment

I didn’t see the hit from the same angle as the officials did in Anchorage, so I can’t speak for them, nor can I assume what they thought.
            At least you admit they saw the hit. When someone leaves the game bloody, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a penalty needs to be assessed. In the NHL that would have been at least a double minor.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

At least you admit they saw the hit. When someone leaves the game bloody, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a penalty needs to be assessed. In the NHL that would have been at least a double minor.
              I can’t tell you what they saw or didn’t see. I wasn’t in their skates.

Comment

I can’t tell you what they saw or didn’t see. I wasn’t in their skates.
                You said "I didn’t see the hit from the same angle as the officials did in Anchorage"???

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The last time NMU played Bowling Green in the playoffs, this year’s Senior class were Freshmen. Zach Diamantoni had a goal and Robbie Payne had an assist as BG won 3-2 in OT and 4-1 at BG. Michael Doan had 49 saves in the OT loss.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    The last time NMU played Bowling Green in the playoffs, ... BG won ... 4-1 at BG. ...
                    Also: Mitch Jones was given a game misconduct for helping ensure referees Chris Perrault and Tony Czech stayed well hydrated; and I won $600 from their 50/50.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You said "I didn’t see the hit from the same angle as the officials did in Anchorage"???
                      I just watched the contact several times. Theree was no direct contact to the head. The only penalty that coud have been call was interference on the Bowling Green player.

Now we return you to our regularly scheduled NMU Hockey debate.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        I just watched the contact several times. Theree was no direct contact to the head. The only penalty that coud have been call was interference on the Bowling Green player.

Now we return you to our regularly scheduled NMU Hockey debate.
                        LOL, then how did he get the cut on his head?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

LOL, then how did he get the cut on his head?
                          Maybe he popped a zit. It's not changing now anyway, time to let it go.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            Maybe he popped a zit. It's not changing now anyway, time to let it go.
                            This happened to me walking into a job interview. So possible.
                            Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

• 6-1 clobbering last night. Need to do it again tonight. And then next weekend.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

NMU Goalie Atte Tolvanen (22-8-1) gets snubbed for 2018 Mike Richter Award????

2018 Mike Richter Award Semifinalists
                                https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_a...36?referrer_id

Comment

Working...
                                X