• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2016-2017

Penn State it is in Cincy
    Good call ADK.......
    BU gets a tough one in Fargo
    I like the match up for Union it should be a great game.
    Let's go U !

Comment

So not as bad as North Dakota in Fargo, but not as favorable as Moy's projection of Air Force in Providence.

The bad news is a potential matchup with Denver -- the No. 1 overall seed in the tournament -- in the regional final.

Union-Penn State should be a good game that I could see either team winning.... though if Union has any hopes of doing that, they'll have to do a complete 180 from their performance on Friday against Cornell.

Either way, hard not to see Denver advancing from this region.

Comment

A little surprised they didn't move WMU to Cincy and have U or BU come east to Providence, but no complaints here. Reacquainting with Guy Gadowsky it is! This will be a tough one as PSU is built very much like U with good offense. Hoping for a great game!
        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

The team needs to play 60 minutes of high intensity/high tempo hockey. Keep their feet moving and come out flying.
          If we do that I like our chances. At this point in the year there is no room for passengers time to step up and bring your A game on every shift.
          Let's go U !

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to Vidmar on Friday night?
            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Union27 View Post
              The team needs to play 60 minutes of high intensity/high tempo hockey. Keep their feet moving and come out flying.
              If we do that I like our chances. At this point in the year there is no room for passengers time to step up and bring your A game on every shift.
              Let's go U !
              Totally agree but would like to add - Stay out of the penalty box!!!

Big question is will he continue to play the fast freshman or put some bulk in there??
              I like Newhouse but he is so small ..
              and DuFour brings speed and size if he can play a little defense and stay out of the box..

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                Does anyone know what happened to Vidmar on Friday night?
                For the safety of the player - I hope nobody says (even if they know)

Comment

DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Penn State:

From February 1st,
                    15 games,
                    Won/Loss 8-7
                    Av Goals - 3.33/3.13

From March 1st,
                    7 Games
                    Won/Loss 4-3
                    Av Goals - 3.14/2.71
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokey View Post
                      For the safety of the player - I hope nobody says (even if they know)
                      Fair enough...so I guess I'd just like to know if he's healthy enough to play on Saturday.
                      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Just saw our bracket
                        We just need to beat Penn State, then potentially the #1 team in the country, then potentially Cornell, then Harvard (#3) ? Should be a walk in the park: we only need a 4 games winning streak
                        Let's go Union !
                        ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                        ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                        NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                          Fair enough...so I guess I'd just like to know if he's healthy enough to play on Saturday.
                          Union could be without one of its top forwards, Sebastian Vidmar, for the Penn State game. He was injured early in the Cornell loss and is questionable to be ready for Saturday.

“If he’s in, good for us,” Bennett said. “It will absolutely be a game-time decision.”

https://dailygazette.com/article/201...e-out-in-style
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Penn State Hockey:
                            What To Know About Union
                            by Ben Jones on March 20, 2017 1:55 PM
                            http://www.statecollege.com/news/loc...union,1471607/

Top Line:
                            Like most teams, Union looks to its top line for the bulk of its production and few players in college hockey have done a better job delivering than Mike Vecchione and Spencer Foo. With 62 and 60 points respectively that combination is one of the best Penn State has seen since Michigan's CCM line last season and third and fourth best nationally in total points. While Penn State fans certainly aren't rooting for injuries, this top line might be without its third piece in Sebastian Vidmar who suffered a knock against Cornell this past week and is questionable for Saturday. Vidmar racked up 40 points, the third best on the team behind his two linemates.
                            Last edited by Dutchman; 03-21-2017, 06:15 AM.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              Penn State Hockey:
                              What To Know About Union
                              by Ben Jones on March 20, 2017 1:55 PM
                              http://www.statecollege.com/news/loc...union,1471607/

Top Line:
                              Like most teams, Union looks to its top line for the bulk of its production and few players in college hockey have done a better job delivering than Mike Vecchione and Spencer Foo. With 62 and 60 points respectively that combination is one of the best Penn State has seen since Michigan's CCM line last season and third and fourth best nationally in total points. While Penn State fans certainly aren't rooting for injuries, this top line might be without its third piece in Sebastian Vidmar who suffered a knock against Cornell this past week and is questionable for Saturday. Vidmar racked up 40 points, the third best on the team behind his two linemates.
                              Good thing we don't depend on the facts in their write up.. Although SAK as a junior sounds pretty good !!! ...
                              Go U !!!

Comment

Watching Harvard play Cornell on Saturday after we played them on Friday was eye opening and a study in contrast. It was a total 180 degrees. Harvard went after the puck with a vengeance. It was Cornell who was on its heals. Cornell score in the final minute to make it 4-1. The one play that summed it all up was when a 5'9" Harvard forward knocked a 6'4" Cornell player on his butt.

For Friday, IMO, we had the largest fan turnout of any of the four teams.

Sak stopped 21 shots in the first period or the score could have been much worse. It was an embarrassment. I don't know of any other tournament team that is failing to give 60 minutes of playoff hockey at this point in the season.

Harvard had no fans to cheer them on but they did not need them. They were very skilled but they were also very "hungry".

These Dutchmen have accomplished more than I ever thought. A league-best record. A Cleary Cup. Finishing in the top 10 with an invitation to the NCAA tournament as an 8th seed. Two Hobey Baker candidates, four members of the all ECAC league team including the MVP. Many of the players are STEM scholars as well. Bennett and the whole team deserve our praise and applause and thanks. Once again as fans they have made us proud.

I hope we go the rest of the way giving 100% for 60 minutes and I hope we can leave everything on the ice.
                                Last edited by Dutchman; 03-22-2017, 09:55 AM.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X