This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

@NCAAHOCKEYCOACH: Hearing @GriffsHCKYCoach is the new Rpi Hockey Coach.

Dave Smith from Canisius
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      The staff needs to be HCs decision, IMO.
      NO one being a HC would have it any other way. He wants people he knows and trusts and brings with him. Doesn't mean any of the current AC can't apply but frankly it depends how much you have to clean house so to speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        @NCAAHOCKEYCOACH: Hearing @GriffsHCKYCoach is the new Rpi Hockey Coach.

Dave Smith from Canisius
        Did Barr and Riga turn it down?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasma View Post
          They've deleted the tweet. I don't know who runs that account. No idea if that means they found out they were wrong, or won't supposed to say.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
            They've deleted the tweet. I don't know who runs that account. No idea if that means they found out they were wrong, or won't supposed to say.
            Originally posted by Jasma View Post
            Maybe and just maybe if it is Dave Smith its because he was the first choice and the others did not have good interviews.

Comment

Who wrote that? He said that he covered RPI back in the Addesa era, but there is no byline.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Who wrote that? He said that he covered RPI back in the Addesa era, but there is no byline.
                Steve Amedio a columnist. There's a note st bottom of the piece
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

One thing I find a bit ironic with the Canisius coach, although nothing to do with the actual coaching search: We've yet to play Canisius. Ever.

Comment

The Canisius coach is 4th on my preference list out of 4. While I'm sure there are issues recruiting at Canisius, why would we want a coach with a well below .500 record and extremely limited recruiting reach (look at their roster)? His history is Seth with even less of a recruiting footprint. Grosek would be third on my list because he's a winner with an even more limited recruiting base. If we don't get Riga or Barr I will consider this effort a step backward.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      The Canisius coach is 4th on my preference list out of 4. While I'm sure there are issues recruiting at Canisius, why would we want a coach with a well below .500 record and extremely limited recruiting reach (look at their roster)? His history is Seth with even less of a recruiting footprint. Grosek would be third on my list because he's a winner with an even more limited recruiting base. If we don't get Riga or Barr I will consider this effort a step backward.
                      If it's smith I may never walk into the hfh again
                      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

My biggest concern with throwing Jooris name into the mix was that his connections are undoubtedly overwhelmingly in Ontario and little elsewhere. Well, that's Smith but without the sub-.500 record behind the bench. Jooris could hire recruiters with greater reach to offset his weakness. Who can Smith hire to offset his weaknesses?

Comment

https://mobile.***********/JeffCoxSp...41013653762049

I'm on mobile, not sure that link will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            The staff needs to be HCs decision, IMO.
                            I totally agree with that. I was just asking the question.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                              https://mobile.***********/JeffCoxSp...41013653762049

I'm on mobile, not sure that link will work.
                              I get a message that says "the account you're trying to access has been suspended."

Edit: never mind I found it
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                                You might want to do a little reading about Coach Smith. Not advocating for him, but I just went to the Canisius hockey page and it was interesting. He is the 2016-2017 AH Coach of the Year and a finalist for the Spencer Penrose Award (Nat'l Coach of the Year; one of 10 finalists). Their goalie is a finalist for the Richter Award. He played at Ohio State for 4 years and played pro hockey for 6 or so years; mostly in the AHL. He has coached 2 Hobey finalists. Servers on the board of College Hockey Inc. Just a few links;

http://www.gogriffs.com/ViewArticle....ATCLID=1464602

http://www.gogriffs.com/ViewArticle....B_OEM_ID=20500

http://www.gogriffs.com/ViewArticle....B_OEM_ID=20500

The guy probably knows how to coach and I'm sure his recruiting contacts are just fine. I wouldn't be upset if this guy became the coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X