X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

I could say the same for your posts
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I could say the same for your posts
      You think it's hard reading them just trying writing them.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        You think it's hard reading them just trying writing them.
        And any time you feel the pain
        Hey Kep, refrain
        Don't carry the world upon your shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by Anne85 View Post
          (Kepler-on-the-road) What did you think of the first one?
          Pacific Rim is basic Japanese anime brought to the American movie theaters. And they didn't really get it right. I'm not the biggest anime fan, but I do enjoy it when done right.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            And any time you feel the pain
            Hey Kep, refrain
            Don't carry the world upon your shoulder
            God's got a plan for all of us.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I can’t tell if Isle of Dogs looks awesome or terrible.

I’ve only seen one trailer, but I’m leaning towards awesome. Could be a decent movie. I mean, it’s Wes Anderson, you have to give it a shot.

ETA: 94% and 8.1/10 on RT. I’d say it’s definitely worth a shot.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I've still never seen a Wes Anderson movie, at least that I know of. I've been told I would love all of them. Don't think that was a compliment for either of us.
                Cornell University

Comment

I've still never seen a Wes Anderson movie, at least that I know of. I've been told I would love all of them. Don't think that was a compliment for either of us.
                  I've seen The Grand Budapest Hotel. Loved it.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I've seen The Grand Budapest Hotel. Loved it.
                    List of the ones I should see, someday:

Bottle Rocket
                    Rushmore
                    Royal Tenenbaums
                    Life Aquatic
                    Darjeeling Limited
                    Mr. Fox
                    Moornrise Kingdom
                    Grand Budapest

I just watched the short of Bottle Rocket that started his career. I do like him a lot.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 03-27-2018, 12:40 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Every so often I try to get into Wes Anderson movies...then I get ten minutes in and decide I have better things to do.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Bottle Rocket
                        Rushmore
                        Royal Tenenbaums
                        Like Acqautic
                        Darjeeling Limited
                        Mr. Fox
                        Moornrise Kingdom
                        Grand Budapest

I just watched the short of Bottle Rocket that started his career. I do like him a lot.
                        Bottlerocket was a favorite of mine during college. DOn't think I've seen any of the others on that list yet. But they're all on my queue.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I can’t tell if Isle of Dogs looks awesome or terrible.

I’ve only seen one trailer, but I’m leaning towards awesome. Could be a decent movie. I mean, it’s Wes Anderson, you have to give it a shot.

ETA: 94% and 8.1/10 on RT. I’d say it’s definitely worth a shot.
                          It does look like the most Wes Anderson thing to ever Wes Anderson. Now that he's found a way around having actual real people and real sets that get in the way of the quirky look he wants everything to have.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Bottle Rocket
                            Rushmore
                            Royal Tenenbaums
                            Life Aquatic
                            Darjeeling Limited
                            Mr. Fox
                            Moornrise Kingdom
                            Grand Budapest

Bolded are ok. Bolded/underlined is awesome. Underlined was disappointing.

It has occurred to me after seeing Darjeeling that every friggin' Wes movie is the same dam thing as far as characters/underlying issues. Got old, real quick. But I will always love the Royal Tenenbaums.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Watching Ready Player One. Loved the book but have been warned this isn't like the book, but is still very good. We'll see.

Comment

Ready Player One:

I read the book and loved it. The time spent developing the main characters, the immersive dive into all aspects of 80s culture, the side missions that never went anywhere but were exciting adventures - all were incredible parts of an excellent book. It didn't hurt that the audio book was narrated by Wil Wheaton.

The movie has little in common with the novel. If you are looking for a film that takes your favorite parts of the book and puts them on the big screen, this isn't the adaptation for you. If you walk in without expectations and an open mind, prepare to have it blown. I was warned going in it wasn't like the book, but it was entirely different. Things have to be sped up for a movie, but I mean everything is different. This was a completely new story. Yet I enjoyed the movie every bit as much as the book.

There are a few flaws. The leads are impossibly attractive whereas the book protagonists aren't - which is why they prefer spending time in the Oasis where your appearance is limited only by your imagination. But hey, it's a movie. Of course the leads look great.

Go into this with your mind set on what you want to see and you'll be bitterly disappointed. Have an open mind and be ready to experience the unexpected and you'll enjoy this ride more than any movie in a long, long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X