OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Latest stats after this game in Div III ... #1 in scoring offense #1 in scoring defense #1 in goal difference #3 in combined special teams. And Stephen Johnson has turned into a terrific player, runs the defense beautifully.

Comment

The Mustangs are still my lil ponies. On to WNY to play the Bengals. No teddy bears, should be a good one. I'm counting on the new SUNYAC juggernaut Cortland to soften them up Friday night......

Comment

Quite the change from last year, lost allot of heart-breakers by a very close margin. I'm excited about this year's progress. Allot of tough games ahead Buff state, Williams, Norwich*, UW-Eau claire, Utica*

I'm most excited about Eau Claire, a true test of East meets west, we never get too many comparisons. I like when two good teams from both sides meet.

*Presumably/tournament games
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

An interesting read with accompanying highlights http://www.oswegonian.com/2016/12/04...ain-and-pizza/
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Missed the whole weekend,spent it riding the waves at Aquatopia in the Pococnos.......looks like the Lakers handled their bussiness,how did the teddy bear toss go??? Anything like the Pelnik toss??

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
              Latest stats after this game in Div III ... #1 in scoring offense #1 in scoring defense #1 in goal difference #3 in combined special teams. And Stephen Johnson has turned into a terrific player, runs the defense beautifully.
              yes Johnson had,lets say an off yr lat yr,looks much better this yr,as long as he takes care of the D side as well as the O side,more power to'em..

Comment

Rutkowski is listed on the roster a a soph, and in the Owegonian article they also referred to him as a soph?? Is he not a freshman??

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  Rutkowski is listed on the roster a a soph, and in the Owegonian article they also referred to him as a soph?? Is he not a freshman??
                  Soph on the roster.
                  LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                    Soph on the roster.
                    ok y is he not a frshman,didnt see any college/school in his bio/records?? Would like to have him for 4yrs .

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      ok y is he not a frshman,didnt see any college/school in his bio/records?? Would like to have him for 4yrs .
                      Carried enough credits out of High School? I was 1 credit shy of Sophomore status when I first arrived at Siena.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        Well he could take a light load that qualifies him as full time but pushes graduation out a bit...or graduate on time and play his 4th year as a grad student...I think.
                        LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          Well he could take a light load that qualifies him as full time but pushes graduation out a bit...or graduate on time and play his 4th year as a grad student...I think.
                          ok just thought I was missing something.

Comment

At the game Saturday, video streamed Friday.
                            Very impressed with Morrisville, well coached, well disciplined, games were closer then the score. They can't match our goal tending and scoring. Last place team, we got it done. Very interesting line up changes Sat. Brun and Pelnik started the game. Pelnik did not impress, 2 penalties and turned over the puck for the loan goal. Hope he can turn things around.
                            Zizek, Emmerson, Sneath, did not look out of place. Sullivan has not been doing much after the hot start, probably deserved a night in the stands.
                            No doubt, Johnston is playing with a lot more fire, his offense is no secret but his D, has been very good as well. Galatti has found some chemistry on the second line, he didn't produce much in even strength last year but scored the first goal in both games this weekend, even strength. Herlihey and Barton will win pucks and find him if he gets open and few can shoot as good as Galatti.
                            Davies continues to lead a strong 3rd line, no matter who is playing with. I thought MacMillan showed a little more this weekend, liked his game.

Comment

Morrisville was not all that well coached and I actually felt the scores were closer than the games. They didn't give any of their goalies any help in either game and if not for some dismal shooting by Oswego Friday, that game was a blowout as well. They weren't dangerous at all offense either. If you don't get confused by them just skating all over the place and give it right to them like Pelnik did they really don't create much. Oswego simply took care of business against a one win team as they should. That didn't always happen last year so it's a nice change of pace.

Comment

Thats why we live in America,different opinions but Laker fans at heart..........Big western swing this weekend,cant look past Freddy,but Buff st will be waiting for us sat night,but they also have a much improved Cortland team coming in as well.I think the defense has been much better this yr so far and the Offense has come back to life,along with the special teams......as for netminding,will be interesting how it plays out as the season goes,both look good..

Comment

Working...
                                X