Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Minnesota heads to Madison on Friday before playing in the team's first outdoor game (in the modern era) on Sunday as part of the OfficeMax Hockey City Classic.

Worn out old paint thinner, deer and "the trap" jokes welcome.

go
    Last edited by Driftryder; 02-11-2013, 10:27 AM.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

What time is the game? After the NHL game?
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I really would love to watch the game from the top row of soldier field. Twould be awesome.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

From the Hockey City Classic web site

Outdoor college ice hockey is coming to Soldier Field for the very first time! This one-of-a-kind doubleheader will feature four of the nation’s premier men’s college ice hockey programs: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin and Notre Dame vs. Miami. The puck drops Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013 at noon CT when Notre Dame faces off against Miami University, followed immediately by Minnesota vs. Wisconsin at approximately 3:30 p.m. CT.
        http://www.hockeycityclassic.com.php...etestlink.com/
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Sunday is a high of 26 with 10 MPH wind. Does anyone know what size ice they'll be playing on?

Good opportunity for the Lucias to watch their son play without being torn over which team they want to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            the team's first outdoor game
            The Gophers had an arena way back in the day?

Comment

*****http://www.gopherpucklive.com/image/Misc/New_Goldy_and_Bucky.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                The Gophers had an arena way back in the day?
                In the modern era. (fixed it)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post

Worn out old paint thinner, deer and "the trap" jokes welcome.

Luckily the whole goat rape thingy is still somewhat fresh. Hate to see these threads stuck in a perpetual rut (Get it, rut!?!).

Comment

I'm pretty sure the rink is 200 X 85. There has been open skating and there are a ****load of high school games this week. (A ****load for Chicago high school hockey anyway.)

Keep in mind that the Chicago park district owns that dump. If they have anything whatsoever to do with the ice, you won't need skates; just hip waders to trudge through the mud.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                      *****http://www.gopherpucklive.com/image/Misc/New_Goldy_and_Bucky.gif******

I have to give props for this...

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                        Sunday is a high of 26 with 10 MPH wind. Does anyone know what size ice they'll be playing on?

Good opportunity for the Lucias to watch their son play without being torn over which team they want to win.
                        I believe it will be NHL size ice.

Looks like the temps will be in the 20's on Saturday and Sunday as well which will help the ice stay in decent shape.
                        Last edited by Driftryder; 02-11-2013, 10:34 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Any word on if the Gophers will be wearing special jerseys?

Comment

So um I need the Badgers to split or take 3 ok . . . on Wisconsin???
                            SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                              Any word on if the Gophers will be wearing special jerseys?
                              Schmidt hinted about it on the radio Friday with Judd and Dubay when he was asked about. Sounds like the answer to that question is yes.

So excited for Friday. Making my first trip to Madison and then heading to Chicago after that! Gonna be a great weekend with an extra game thrown in there
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X