Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

I just want to say how well your guys played last night. It was an honor to watch a team like that and they played very, very, hard. You should be proud of those guys. I also wonder what you thought of the refereeing?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      I just want to say how well your guys played last night. It was an honor to watch a team like that and they played very, very, hard. You should be proud of those guys. I also wonder what you thought of the refereeing?
      I don't think the referees played any significant role. Franklin did appear to have both feet in the crease on Brickley's shot. The first 6 man call was obvious. In fact, we played that way for several seconds. The second one was iffy, but not outrageously so. The better team took the series. Best of luck on Saturday!

Comment

TSN's Bob McKenzie reporting that Daniel Brickley is returning to Mankato next year! I never begrudge a kid moving on, but from a selfish perspective, I'll be glad to see him in purple again next year.

Comment

Since I listened on radio, it's hard to have an opinion on the refereeing. Good luck against BG!
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I see that Sean Flanagan and Michael Huntebrinker are playing together in the ECHL for the Reading Royals.

Comment

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
              I see that Sean Flanagan and Michael Huntebrinker are playing together in the ECHL for the Reading Royals.
              Matt Salhany (UAH) is there with them.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
                As is Johnny McInnis
                Last edited by Iwearpurple; 03-23-2017, 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

WHOA!!! MSU is renegotiating a 10-year deal with Hastings that would last until 2028.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2017/3/...m-offered.aspx
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

And, there is discussion on increasing the level of financial commitment to the program from the University.

Good for your program!
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      WHOA!!! MSU is renegotiating a 10-year deal with Hastings that would last until 2028.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2017/3/...m-offered.aspx
                      That is one weird press release. Most schools don't talk about contracts until they're done. Is this a situation where they're pressuring Hastings to take it by making the offer public?

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Still courting the NCHC?

"In addition to the term extension, the two sides are still negotiating an increase in compensation and other improvements to the programs, including implementing cost of attendance stipends, staffing commitments and enhancements to the travel and recruiting budgets. "
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          That is one weird press release. Most schools don't talk about contracts until they're done. Is this a situation where they're pressuring Hastings to take it by making the offer public?

GFM
                          There are some weird ways of doing things in the mnscu system. When he took the job, they had to do a press conference as the last part of his "interview". It's all about public disclosure.

I would guess it's mere formality at this point. Essentially, they just need to work out the little details and sign the contract (and maybe lock down finding from donors).

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            Still courting the NCHC?

"In addition to the term extension, the two sides are still negotiating an increase in compensation and other improvements to the programs, including implementing cost of attendance stipends, staffing commitments and enhancements to the travel and recruiting budgets. "
                            That's how I would read it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                              They're trying to recruit(or in some cases keep) kids that were being told by other schools that Hastings was leaving for Omaha. That press release clears up any uncertainty on the matter.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                They're trying to recruit(or in some cases keep) kids that were being told by other schools that Hastings was leaving for Omaha. That press release clears up any uncertainty on the matter.
                                Signing day is 2 weeks away.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X