X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Vaccines Work, GMOs Are Safe, Everything is a Chemical

Uh oh, now the Morons are doing it.

Though to be fair if the Fundies start doing it they may solve our problem themselves.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Uh oh, now the Morons are doing it.

Though to be fair if the Fundies start doing it they may solve our problem themselves.
      Not necessarily just them. Salt Lake City is gradually becoming a magnet for wealthy granola-eating, iodine-supplementing types looking to escape Colorado taxes/cost of living, while still having that ski condo in Park City. As long as they don't care about living in a perpetual red state, it's a good place for them. Especially since they are Fundies too, just of a different nature. More gullible = easy convert pickings for the LDS Church .

Also, it's more scenic than Denver, IMO. I mean, except when it's an inversion day. Those suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Not necessarily just them. Salt Lake City is gradually becoming a magnet for wealthy granola-eating, iodine-supplementing types looking to escape Colorado taxes/cost of living, while still having that ski condo in Park City. As long as they don't care about living in a perpetual red state, it's a good place for them. Especially since they are Fundies too, just of a different nature. More gullible = easy convert pickings for the LDS Church .

Also, it's more scenic than Denver, IMO. I mean, except when it's an inversion day. Those suck.
        Oh SLC has always some sort of "element" to it...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The mountains that are to the south east of SLC are some of the most beautiful country anywhere. SLC itself though is a pit.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Today I showed my 8 year old grandson Youtube videos of the Apollo 11 launch and landing.

He asked me why it was important. I told him it was the most important event in human history. He'd rather watch the Disney channel.

We're doomed.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Today I showed my 8 year old grandson Youtube videos of the Apollo 11 launch and landing.

He asked me why it was important. I told him it was the most important event in human history. He'd rather watch the Disney channel.

We're doomed.
              He's 8. Show them to a 28-year old.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                He's 8. Show them to a 28-year old.
                The grandson's dad works at Goddard.

Ms 28 year old son loves the space program.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

He's GD 8. When I was 8, it was 1993 and all I cared about was whether anyone knew I didn't know the lyrics to Informer.

Now, I am 31 and I would care but I'd still argue about the most important event point.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You're planting the seeds, the important part. You aren't going to get results for, like Kepler said, another decade or two.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      He asked me why it was important. I told him it was the most important event in human history.
                      Personally I wouldn't call it that. Without thinking much about it, probably the most important identifyable single event in human history was probably the Columbus voyage.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        He's GD 8. When I was 8, it was 1993 and all I cared about was whether anyone knew I didn't know the lyrics to Informer.
                        Well that was dumb...nobody knew the lyrics to Informer.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Personally I wouldn't call it that. Without thinking much about it, probably the most important identifyable single event in human history was probably the Columbus voyage.
                          Imagine if Columbus had "discovered" the New World and everybody stayed in Europe after the 4th voyage.

That's what we did with the moon.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I would say Apollo 11 was one of the more remarkable feats in human history but certainly not the most important event. For that, I'd have to go with either the assassination of Franz Ferdinand or Bill Buckner's failure to get down.

Comment

Elon Musk -- I build things that go fast.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...in-2-5-seconds
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's too bad they are unreliable and expensive.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X