This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2011-12

I really couldn't be happier for the boys and the whole staff. 3-22-1 was really freakish last year. I really loved the ECAC clip and seeing all the smiling faces on the USCHO tournament pick. I read an article on BC expecting to win 6 trophies this year, and they started with the Ice Breaker as #1. I'm not sure Gate expected to win any this year, but they have 2 so far. The "Friendship Series" against Team Italy (I'm counting it I don't care) and now "The Maverick Stampede". I think 2007 was the last time we picked any other hardware up.

Below is the link to the Goals and post game ceremonies ColSkate mentioned.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/video/...mp-desktop.flv
    Last edited by Gaterrooter; 10-11-2011, 06:07 PM.
    The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Had to watch that clip again this am ! Juices flowing !! All Tourney team, Macpherson,Bartliff,Michalik and Kevin McNamara.

Also on INCH "Tweet of the Week" Dekanich tweeted congrats etc" very nice !!

Ok..It's Wednesday, We have a "Marquee Matchup" with #4 Miami this weekend. This is "The real test", I wonder if we'll have any support this weekend at Starr. Last time Miami played here "It was very ugly".
      Last edited by sshablak; 10-12-2011, 07:24 AM.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Ok..It's Wednesday, We have a "Marquee Matchup" with #4 Miami this weekend.
        Shabby....friendly FYI, Miami is #5 in the USCHO poll, #4 in the USA Magazine/USA Today poll. So I would rank them a 4.5!
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Shabby, one correction Kmac was picking up the CHAMPIONSHIP trophy as the captain, wasn't on the all tournament team but he played well none the less.

Miami is good but isn't the team they were last year. Can't lose guys like Miele and Camper and all of their goals and assists and be the same team. I think that was proven this past weekend when they had a tough time with Bemidji at home. That being said this is a great time for them to come to town. The players should be fired up for this weekend. Not to mention this is a GIGANTIC boost to our strength of schedule playing the #4 team twice.

Glad they also added local TV coverage.

Comment

Thanxs....I was wondering cause I couldn't hear or see. But...Disappointed it's on tv....less people will come and support the team.

Comment

Miami did lose three of their four top scorers, hmmmmmm. They also have three top recruits including Gord Murphy's son Connor .

Comment

Thanxs....I was wondering cause I couldn't hear or see. But...Disappointed it's on tv....less people will come and support the team.
                Disagree. Maybe if this were a situation where the weather might play a factor (i.e. snow making the roads bad) then I could see that But, it's not every day that Colgate hosts a team outside of ECAC Hockey that is ranked in the top five for a two-game weekend series. A team not long removed from playing in the national championship game at that. I think that fact alone will bump up the crowds and possibly pull in some of the fringe folks that don't attend a lot of games. The weather, while it might be rainy, won't be an issue for travel. It's also Homecoming weekend so there will be more people about town than on a normal hockey weekend. Hopefully student turnout will be strong - it usually is for the first few games; I remember a very good crowd for the home opener against Sacred Heart last year on Halloween weekend.

And in regards to TV hurting the turnout for games in general - it's been an age-old question in every sport. Heck, back in the 20s and 30s, New York's professional baseball teams refused to put games on the radio because they thought it would hurt crowds. Now, every game is on the radio, many games are on television and one can view or listen to most any sporting event in the world on your computer.

Comment

They also have three top recruits including Gord Murphy's son Connor .
                  I wish, Mr. Murphy took his talents to Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
                    We won a tournament!
                    Can't remember the last time I heard that. Way to go 'gate -- congrats!

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2011-12

I know people in the area that won't show because it's on tv. We can't even get students to come ffs !!I just hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Utica paper says"Wear your hockey jersey to game and get a free ticket ". Actual advertising...wow !

Comment

Gonna miss both games + FB due to previous engagement Posters: please take notes. Looking for some recaps of all the games by Sunday.
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

This is great. Guess who the team of the week is on College Hockey News site?

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ek_colgate.php

Comment

And the "Hits keep coming" !! Colskate...I'm shocked and appaulled ! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                I wish, Mr. Murphy took his talents to Ontario.
                                Sadface

Comment

Working...
                                X