Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    @chrisdolcewx: Wind chill as cold as -58 F in Hettinger, ND, this morning. Lowest I've seen thus far. https://twitter.com/chrisdolcewx/sta...507520/photo/1
    Fine small town Hettinger is.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      You parked too far away from the rink. On Friday, I parked at the ramp across University Ave from Old Mariucci, and that was cold enough. The fiancee wasn't very happy with that walk.
      We go to dinkytown to eat before the game.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I got home from Mexico last night...just an 80 or so degree difference

I was hoping Trump had built the wall so I could have stayed
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          We go to dinkytown to eat before the game.
          Where does one eat? Once campus pizza closed we said **** it and don’t eat on campus anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Where does one eat? Once campus pizza closed we said **** it and don’t eat on campus anymore.
            A mix of everything. Blarneys, Annie’s, Sterbs, Pourhouse. Been to Sally’s a few times but it’s aleays packed and everything is so meh there it’s just not worth it. But it’s not the same without CP.

I was just commenting yesterday that there isn’t a great place to eat anymore on campus. Everything is such college bar food and it kind of wears you down throughout the season. There may be places to eat, but the drink selection isn’t there or it’s just not the pregame atmosphere you want. I haven’t been to some of the newer spots that were bulldozed and rebuilt near Sally’s. I swear Houghton has better choices than Minnesota.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              A mix of everything. Blarneys, Annie’s, Sterbs, Pourhouse. Been to Sally’s a few times but it’s aleays packed and everything is so meh there it’s just not worth it. But it’s not the same without CP.

I was just commenting yesterday that there isn’t a great place to eat anymore on campus. Everything is such college bar food and it kind of wears you down throughout the season. There may be places to eat, but the drink selection isn’t there or it’s just not the pregame atmosphere you want. I haven’t been to some of the newer spots that were bulldozed and rebuilt near Sally’s. I swear Houghton has better choices than Minnesota.
              NOTE TO ANY OTHER GPLers: I DID NOT SAY THIS.

Although I will agree with the sentiment.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just for pregame on campus though. I think places like Loring crush Houghton. Never had a bad meal there.

It’s also nice to be able to eat within walking distance of the arena.
                Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Just for pregame on campus though. I think places like Loring crush Houghton. Never had a bad meal there.

It’s also nice to be able to eat within walking distance of the arena.
                  Yes, pregame was the sentiment that the post was taken in.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    That's colder than the Curiosity rover measured on Mars.
                    You been to Hettinger? It looks like Mars.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      You been to Hettinger? It looks like Mars.
                      Mars has more going on than this:

Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Mars has more going on than this:

Mars, Pennsylvania?
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars,_Pennsylvania
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mookie got off the plane at 7a and it was 60 deg

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

We went to the mountains for New Year's. It dropped all the way to 19 and I had to wear a jacket for the first time in 3+ years.

19C.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              We went to the mountains for New Year's. It dropped all the way to 19 and I had to wear a jacket for the first time in 3+ years.

19C.
                              peeps confuse mookie here with the winter jackets when it gets this cold
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Water line froze at the meter overnight in my gararge in the water heater closet. Found the problem at 5am, got a hold of the city (was told by plumber last year my city was one of the only ones in the nation to actually cover from the meter back to the street). Hot water was okay, but with no incoming cold, I didn't want to leave it running with no cold water coming into the house.

City gets to me finally at Noon, says "sorry, policy changed last fall, from shutoff to the house is now the homeowners problem."

Scrambled to find a plumber knowing that the longer it sits in this weather, the more it will freeze.

After trying the ol' hairdryer trick and being unsuccessful, wife and I went to Wal-Mart and bought a space heater. Hooked that up to try and warm the area, also jammed an old heating pad into the loop for the meter. Plumbers called said to save the "emergency" money, they would only do the same thing we are, but charge a premium.

Got frustrated, so we went to lunch (finally at 4p) and helped a friend swap his truck battery.

Came home an hour ago and the faucets were streaming some cold water.

Now the hot water line is froze.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X