Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

37 years ago tonight, John MacInnes passed Snooks Kelly for most wins by a college hockey coach with his 502nd victory, a 5-1 win at Denver.

Oh, and the US beat the Russians in Lake Placid earlier the same day.

Comment

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Bump! Go Huskies!
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

We got another recruit today,
        Justin Misiak, Center, currently plays for Austin Bruins in NAHL, tied for 2nd most points in NAHL. He's from Michigan and I'm going to try and get a writeup on him soon for THG.

In other THG news, I finally got another Recruiting Grounds up yesterday (AJHL)
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Looking forward to game day and hopefully a few Ws heading into the playoffs.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Also, as far as talking about recruits...he has at least 12 recruits that have signed NLIs yet MTU has not made a release on those that signed in the November 2016 window yet...not sure what the hell is going on there.
          I thought a press release during the bye week made sense. The coaches must not think it's that big of a deal to announce NLIs or maybe they don't know who will be coming in next year and don't want to announce individuals.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          We got another recruit today,
          Justin Misiak, Center, currently plays for Austin Bruins in NAHL, tied for 2nd most points in NAHL. He's from Michigan and I'm going to try and get a writeup on him soon for THG.
          Wow, another recruit for next year. I remember Mel saying his ideal roster size is 28, I think we'll be bigger than that next year.

Comment

First 5 minutes and we look completely disjointed, terrible passing and puck play.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Looking better now, shaken off some of the bus legs and rust from the week off. Tied 1-1 13 minutes in. Very entertaining goal for us, ref jumping up on the net to watch the puck, very well officiated sequence.

Comment

Sigh, our powerplay is so ridiculously terrible.

Comment

Nice win! Crazy goalmouth scramble at the very end.
                  MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                  2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Good W. Good job on the broadcast Dave Ellis. Thought it was good to promote the radio call of NMU and hear a few minutes and Dirk tomorrow.

Mel's post game with Dirk:
                    We hung on. Knew we'd have to kill penalties with our PPs in second. Just on our heals.
                    Didn't like second goal. Sure Angus would like it back. But made up for it at the end.
                    Hard to play against a team that needs to win. Senior night etc. found a way to win.
                    Shook off some bye week cobwebs. Too deliberate on PP.
                    bigger ice sheet was a factor too. Can throw you off.
                    Credit to ref for not blowing Cliffs goal dead with puck loose.
                    Good neutral zone transition on Beretta's goal.
                    We had a few passengers tonight. Didn't have the urgency. A few guys weren't prepared. Can't just show up and expect it to be easy.
                    Let's fill the Mac for Seniors. More Ws than Amy since the '84 class.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Good W. Good job on the broadcast Dave Ellis. Thought it was good to promote the radio call of NMU and hear a few minutes and Dirk tomorrow.

Mel's post game with Dirk:
                      We hung on. Knew we'd have to kill penalties with our PPs in second. Just on our heals.
                      Didn't like second goal. Sure Angus would like it back. But made up for it at the end.
                      Hard to play against a team that needs to win. Senior night etc. found a way to win.
                      Shook off some bye week cobwebs. Too deliberate on PP.
                      bigger ice sheet was a factor too. Can throw you off.
                      Credit to ref for not blowing Cliffs goal dead with puck loose.
                      Good neutral zone transition on Beretta's goal.
                      We had a few passengers tonight. Didn't have the urgency. A few guys weren't prepared. Can't just show up and expect it to be easy.
                      Let's fill the Mac for Seniors. More Ws than Amy since the '84 class.
                      I thought Dave Deris did a real good job. We have to play better, to quote the coach. I thought overall we fought pretty hard, but there were a few guys who just didn't work very hard.
                      Looks like we have clinched second. Shocked me that Mankato couldn't win.We certainly did get plenty of practice on the pp. We have to seal the deal better, I thought we sat back too much in the third, maybe not on purpose.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Matt Wintjes in goal tomorrow night, good job getting home ice for rounds 1, 2(if advance).
                        I think it will be Lake State for round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I thought Dave Deris did a real good job. We have to play better, to quote the coach. I thought overall we fought pretty hard, but there were a few guys who just didn't work very hard.
                          Looks like we have clinched second. Shocked me that Mankato couldn't win.We certainly did get plenty of practice on the pp. We have to seal the deal better, I thought we sat back too much in the third, maybe not on purpose.
                          NMU had Tech on the heels most of the 3rd. That mental killer instinct is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            NMU had Tech on the heels most of the 3rd. That mental killer instinct is missing.
                            And Tech had NMU on their heels in the second, really should have been 4-1 or 5-1 going into the third but our powerplay continues to struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                              And Tech had NMU on their heels in the second, really should have been 4-1 or 5-1 going into the third but our powerplay continues to struggle.
                              fully agree

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                                Looking better now, shaken off some of the bus legs and rust from the week off. Tied 1-1 13 minutes in. Very entertaining goal for us, ref jumping up on the net to watch the puck, very well officiated sequence.
                                Bus legs? Tech arrived in Marquette around 8 pm THURSDAY. Bus legs from that 1:45 trip the day before? Really?
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X