X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: climate change times are a changin'

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Do you consider the first one to be credible?

I didn't know that's what we were doing...the articles you were posting didn't seem to me to be in response to anything that I had actually said...
    Isn't that exactly what you've been trying to rail on me for?

Comment

I didn't know that's what we were doing...the articles you were posting didn't seem to me to be in response to anything that I had actually said...
      How exactly is it that me posting articles with comments from climate scientists isn't related? I've just showed you that in your own words two of the leading voices in the green movement aren't credible. Now whether you'd heard of them before or not, doesn't change the fact that they have been given awards and recognized for being at the forefront of the movement. Now you're saying they're not credible...not me, you.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
        Isn't that exactly what you've been trying to rail on me for?
        Oh please do explain.

Comment

If it wasn't obvious by his first graph, Shirtless is following the creationist credo of post as many psuedo scientific links or quotes he can possibly find because the effort to fully explain the issues and outright falsehoods takes far more effort than a simple copy/paste. He's not going to put forth the effort in reverse, just move onto the next thing because "yea but..."

I'm sure we'll start seeing links to wattsupwiththat soon enough.

Like this pause nonsense.
          http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/op...ming.html?_r=0
          The current pause is consistent with numerous prior pauses. When walking up stairs in a tall building, it is a mistake to interpret a landing as the end of the climb. The slow rate of warming of the recent past is consistent with the kind of variability that some of us predicted nearly a decade ago.
          Oh and this from the same guy who was a skeptic of the so called hockey stick graph, set out to disprove it, and found that it was in fact accurate. Even helped to make it more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Isn't that half the problem? A lot of this is all opinions based on everyone's feelings? How many people have deeply researched the science of this?
            Only 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              How exactly is it that me posting articles with comments from climate scientists isn't related? I've just showed you that in your own words two of the leading voices in the green movement aren't credible. Now whether you'd heard of them before or not, doesn't change the fact that they have been given awards and recognized for being at the forefront of the movement. Now you're saying they're not credible...not me, you.
              Ok, and all of this is refuting what point that I have made?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                If it wasn't obvious by his first graph, Shirtless is following the creationist credo
                Ah yes, it all goes back to religion with you, of course. When at a loss for clever insults, just try to dismissively link your opponent to creationism. Really Foxy, we all know that you can be a much better troll than that.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Ah yes, it all goes back to religion with you, of course. When at a loss for clever insults, just try to dismissively link your opponent to creationism. Really Foxy, we all know that you can be a much better troll than that.
                  I said he was using the same tactic, not that he was a creationist. Really sentencefragmentforaname, try not to get too confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                    So find a solution that can stand on it's own without government intervention.
                    It's a negative externality that is unlikely to be appropriately priced in. I'm pretty skeptical that it can be dealt with adequately without government intervention; that kind of thing is one of the things that government is really essential for.
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

the hockey stick graph has been proven false. the books were cooked. see climategate part the one.

"the science is settled" argument is BS.
                      no real science is never settled. even Newton's
                      gravity is being debated. look at the periodic table.
                      that's been settled tens of times. Einstein's theory is being debated. the whole point of science is keeping an open mind.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        the hockey stick graph has been proven false. the books were cooked. see climategate part the one.

"the science is settled" argument is BS.
                        no real science is never settled. even Newton's
                        gravity is being debated. look at the periodic table.
                        that's been settled tens of times. Einstein's theory is being debated. the whole point of science is keeping an open mind.
                        Wrong and you have been corrected about this before.
                        Climategate Scientists cleared of wrong doing AGAIN
                        The fact that every scientific body examining Mann’s behavior has exonerated him deserves publicity and emphasis.
                        "look at the periodic table. that's been settled tens of times."

What?!

Posts like this are why climate truthers are looked at like ignorant children.
                        Last edited by Foxton; 05-22-2014, 04:31 AM.

Comment

The periodic table is revised every time we create a new element.

Climate is dynamic not static. If I was looking at trends in Earth's climate would I look at 100 years of data or a 1,000 years? 10,000 years?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Really Foxy, we all know that you can be a much better troll than that.
                            I'm not convinced. I have yet to read a foxy post that would give me confidence that he/she has the mental ability to wax a car. So the ability to properly troll is probably way above her/him.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                              It's a negative externality that is unlikely to be appropriately priced in. I'm pretty skeptical that it can be dealt with adequately without government intervention; that kind of thing is one of the things that government is really essential for.
                              So it's government's job to push markets in a direction that they wouldn't normally go? I disagree. Government should stick to protection/defense and infrastructure. It has shown time and time again it cannot force markets or commerce without bad consequences. I'd throw out an example but other posters would accuse me of trying to change the argument or throwing straw men. Pushing the market when the reason to do so is still in question is not a good idea IMHO.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              The periodic table is revised every time we create a new element.

Climate is dynamic not static. If I was looking at trends in Earth's climate would I look at 100 years of data or a 1,000 years? 10,000 years?
                              Excellent question, but good luck getting a response that makes sense from this group to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post

Posts like this are why climate truthers are looked at like ignorant children.
                                As opposed to your tactic of name calling someone who disagrees with you and pouting? Yeah, that's not childish at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X