Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Well...glad I didn't pay money to see that **** show in person. Disappointed that UND couldn't get the W tonight, but they were given absolutely zero chance. I can only imagine how frustrated the players and coaches are with how the "game" turned out tonight.

Also, I'm really glad we don't have Monty as our coach. I have lost all respect for him. I see why no NHL team wanted to offer him the head job...total Class A *********.

Oh well, Denver isn't nearly as good as I thought they were (or North Dakota is much better than I thought they were). The series in North Dakota should be interesting.
    You are the second person that I know doesn't shade unfairly and had......some thoughts......on the game. That sucks, man, truly.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      You are the second person that I know doesn't shade unfairly and had......some thoughts......on the game. That sucks, man, truly.
      The only thing that sucks worse tonight is Denver's TV crew. They are clueless and bigger homers than Tim Hennessy...which I wasn't sure was possible. Usually TV crews are slightly less biased...usually.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The only thing that sucks worse tonight is Denver's TV crew. They are clueless and bigger homers than Tim Hennessy...which I wasn't sure was possible. Usually TV crews are slightly less biased...usually.
        I can agree with you there. DU's tv crew is not good. I heard comments about the reffing (insert cliched joke here). But when someone who DOESN'T beech about the reffing beeches, my ears are perked up.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I can agree with you there. DU's tv crew is not good. I heard comments about the reffing (insert cliched joke here). But when someone who DOESN'T beech about the reffing beeches, my ears are perked up.
          The most frustrating thing about it tonight was that it actually had a dramatic effect on the result of the game.

In college hockey, there are a lot of poorly officiated games. However, usually (fortunately?) they don't alter the result of the game. A great example of that was the UND/Minnesota series earlier this year. The officiating was horrific, particularly on Saturday night, but it didn't change the result of the game. When the officiating does have a dramatic effect on the game, that is when it is frustrating. Now, I certainly don't believe that the officials were trying to fix the game or anything silly like that. Unfortunately, and particularly in the third period, it looked that way tonight.
          North Dakota

Comment

The most frustrating thing about it tonight was that it actually had a dramatic effect on the result of the game.

In college hockey, there are a lot of poorly officiated games. However, usually (fortunately?) they don't alter the result of the game. A great example of that was the UND/Minnesota series earlier this year. The officiating was horrific, particularly on Saturday night, but it didn't change the result of the game. When the officiating does have a dramatic effect on the game, that is when it is frustrating. Now, I certainly don't believe that the officials were trying to fix the game or anything silly like that. Unfortunately, and particularly in the third period, it looked that way tonight.
            MN had a penalty last night, that didn't affect the outcome, and the radio guys said "That would be called in the ECAC, but not here." And from what I know, they were correct in that assumption. I agree on the UND/MN officiating view you have. That was indeed horrific, but didn't change the outcome. Tonight, I'm hearing a different story.

Comment

MN had a penalty last night, that didn't affect the outcome, and the radio guys said "That would be called in the ECAC, but not here." And from what I know, they were correct in that assumption.
              Yeah, the officiating out East is just a different animal. That tends to work both ways though based on the home team.

Oh well...at least it wasn't an NCAA Tournament game to end our season.
              North Dakota

Comment

In college hockey, there are a lot of poorly officiated games. However, usually (fortunately?) they don't alter the result of the game. A great example of that was the UND/Minnesota series earlier this year. The officiating was horrific, particularly on Saturday night, but it didn't change the result of the game.
                There's no way to prove whether it would have changed the "result" of the game, but the CFB and GM on Glover on Sat. were terrible calls, resulted in 3 PPGs and totally changed the momentum of the game for UND.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                  There's no way to prove whether it would have changed the "result" of the game, but the CFB and GM on Glover on Sat. were terrible calls, resulted in 3 PPGs and totally changed the momentum of the game for UND.
                  Not really. North Dakota came out strong. Even if the major was a minor North Dakota would have scored and had the momentum. While the officiating was horrific (for both teams BTW), it didn't change the result. Pretty much every reasonable Gopher fan that I have spoke with has said as much. Hell, even the unreasonable Gopher fans have said as much.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Not really. North Dakota came out strong. Even if the major was a minor North Dakota would have scored and had the momentum. While the officiating was horrific (for both teams BTW), it didn't change the result. Pretty much every reasonable Gopher fan that I have spoke with has said as much. Hell, even the unreasonable Gopher fans have said as much.
                    I'll agree to disagree. The difference between a major and game misconduct (there were at least 4 other questionable calls) and a minor can result in a completely different set of variables for a team on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                      I'll agree to disagree. The difference between a major and game misconduct (there were at least 4 other questionable calls) and a minor can result in a completely different set of variables for a team on the road.
                      As for your bolded portion, North Dakota scored in the first minute or so of the powerplay. Not quite sure what your point is there...if you have one. As for your questionable calls comment, there were way more than 4, and they were split fairly evenly between the two teams.

As for your disagreement, that's fine. Just realize you are in the extreme minority, even with respect to your own fanbase.

I don't really care to argue about this any further, particularly given your extreme position. However, if it makes you feel better to complain about a bad call a month after it happened, then go for it.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Not a problem. This isn't a personal issue for me. Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                          Not a problem. This isn't a personal issue for me. Take care.
                          Your concern is heartwarming.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Your concern is heartwarming.

Well, Union is next. The Dutchmen got off to a rotten start, losing their first five games of the season, but have rebounded nicely going 7-1 in their last 8 games. 2 wins will likely do wonders for UND's PWR at the end of the season.
                            North Dakota

Comment

The Ralph will bring a whole new experience for Union
                              http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...perience-ralph
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Parise back st the Ralph this Saturday
                                http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-ralph-weekend
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X