Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
    Woll is outstanding. BC has had a lot of fine goalies over the years. You can have a lot of fun trying to rank the best of them. I believe that BC is asking more of a Freshman goalie this season than they have since Paul Skidmore was a Freshman.
    Skidmore was there when i was! Actually won a 'pot in my 4 years which was saying something those days. Not that we scuked, we just couldnt win a Beanpot. 2 in 29 years over a span

Comment

Winning a 'Pot vs those great bu teams wasn't easy. BC wasn't a weak team, just not as loaded as bu. Watching the College Hockey in the mid 70's hooked me for life.

Comment

https://twitter.com/LVPhantoms/statu...868224/photo/1
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I see the ND game is sold out. It'd be nice to send them home with tail between legs and ears ringing.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            I see the ND game is sold out. It'd be nice to send them home with tail between legs and ears ringing.
            but we never seem to be able to do that, especially in Conte

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              but we never seem to be able to do that, especially in Conte
              One thing that could play in BC's favor is this will be only the 9th game ND has played on the road(4-3-1)as opposed to 17 at home. Can't figure that disparity.

Comment

One thing that could play in BC's favor is this will be only the 9th game ND has played on the road(4-3-1)as opposed to 17 at home. Can't figure that disparity.
                Penn State has only played 5 games on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  Be interesting for the B1G schedule maker next year when everyone wants to play home games.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    that's insane. Huge night in HE coming up

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      that's insane. Huge night in HE coming up
                      Not sure if you have to pay for this but you might be able to catch the game here for free,

http://www.watchnd.tv/#!/games/1990659

Comment

With BU getting swept by merrimack it's funny that BC is back in control of the league but not in a great spot nationally. Tonight, BU in beanpot and uvm/uml. Some big games left. Those last two weekends...

Comment

Couldn't go tonight but sounded like a lot of fun. Desperately needed that one.

Comment

FiveHole12 called it. Down 4-3 at the 2nd intermission he proclaimed, "BC is gonna score 3 in the 3rd period to win it".

Comment

Woll bailed them out Tuesday and sounds like he didn't have a great night tonight. They have life now.

Comment

FiveHole12 called it. Down 4-3 at the 2nd intermission he proclaimed, "BC is gonna score 3 in the 3rd period to win it".
                                A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Ask sterlippo... I always say stuff like that.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Woll bailed them out Tuesday and sounds like he didn't have a great night tonight. They have life now.
                                First two goals were soft as all get out, then he settled down.

Honestly, I thought we were done when we went down 4-2. That 4th ND goal (a shortie) sucked the life right out of the building and seemingly out of the team, and the Eagles were starting to look a little like that high school team I saw against UMass. Then they started playing BC hockey again in the last 6:00 of the 2nd and White's goal with 4:00 to go lit the place up. I thought we were going to tie it by the end of the period. Lots of good chances. Things were looking good heading into the 3rd, hence my bold prediction.

The building was full last night and all three student sections were packed. Good job students.
                                The new lines were productive... each of the first 3 lines scoring goals. 4th line as usual was high energy and produce quality minutes every shift.
                                Let's hope this game is the spring board for the Beanpot/late season tournament run.
                                Great win Eagles!
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X