Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

Of course one should expect strong arm tactics from Chicago
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      I received a call from the NCAA today asking why I didn't purchase tickets for Chicago. I told the man on the phone that it was a combination of ever rising prices, not being sure I would be able to attend and my disappointment that after getting seats on the red line in Tampa my choices had once again been restricted to the corners and ends. As a side note, the man told me he had no idea what the red line or blue lines are, so he is obviously not a hockey fan. He also stated that if I didn't buy tickets I would lose my priority points and be dropped back to 0. I questioned him on that, but he was only able to tell me that was what he was told.

Sean
      I got that call also, they wanted to know why I hadn't purchased tickets. I'm busy that week and couldn't do 2 things at once. He never said my priority was going to 0
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        I got that call also, they wanted to know why I hadn't purchased tickets. I'm busy that week and couldn't do 2 things at once. He never said my priority was going to 0
        My understanding of the lottery is if you were not to buy FF tix one year your number would stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          My understanding of the lottery is if you were not to buy FF tix one year your number would stay the same.
          Which has been the rule for the entire 20 year history of the Priority Lottery. Dropping that feature of the lottery would be a cataclysmic change. It's not something the NCAA would try to slip in unnoticed. If for no other reason, they'd lose a ton of future sales if they took that action.

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          ...As a side note, the man told me he had no idea what the red line or blue lines are, so he is obviously not a hockey fan. He also stated that if I didn't buy tickets I would lose my priority points and be dropped back to 0. I questioned him on that, but he was only able to tell me that was what he was told.
          You've already figured it out. This just has to be a rookie mistake by a non-hockey guy. And if someone else actually trained him to say that, it suggests that they've got a team of rookies making these phone calls. The blind leading the blind.

The NCAA could save itself a lot of trouble if they just read the USCHO ticket threads.

Our members have been sounding the alarm for years that ticket prices are getting out of hand. It's equally clear that if the NCAA kills all hope of getting Lower Bowl Seating on the Sides, more regular attendees will give up on the Lottery, and perhaps stop attending altogether. In recent years, many posters have questioned the value of the Priority Points.

Put those two thoughts together, and what do you get? The Seller is charging more for the product, yet delivering less value. No wonder demand is suffering a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            Which has been the rule for the entire 20 year history of the Priority Lottery. Dropping that feature of the lottery would be a cataclysmic change. It's not something the NCAA would try to slip in unnoticed. If for no other reason, they'd lose a ton of future sales if they took that action.

You've already figured it out. This just has to be a rookie mistake by a non-hockey guy. And if someone else actually trained him to say that, it suggests that they've got a team of rookies making these phone calls. The blind leading the blind.

The NCAA could save itself a lot of trouble if they just read the USCHO ticket threads.

Our members have been sounding the alarm for years that ticket prices are getting out of hand. It's equally clear that if the NCAA kills all hope of getting Lower Bowl Seating on the Sides, more regular attendees will give up on the Lottery, and perhaps stop attending altogether. In recent years, many posters have questioned the value of the Priority Points.

Put those two thoughts together, and what do you get? The Seller is charging more for the product, yet delivering less value. No wonder demand is suffering a bit.
            I can't imagine the NCAA dropping priority holders to zero if they don't buy for a year. I called the NCAA a couple months ago to ask how many tickets a priority holder can buy for the Frozen Four and the nice lady asked if that was for football or basketball. Obviously they do not care at all about the people that have supported the event for many years or ticket buyers in general.

My intent a few years ago was to buy tickets to each FF with hope of building up my priority number, and hopefully not taking a big bath selling them if I decided not to attend. But I figured out that even if you are a high priority, you still aren't guaranteed good tickets. This year is a good example. Last seasons's FF in Tampa I was able to get club level (thanks to a high priority friend) between the blue lines - this year I'm in a corner. I will go to Chicago and St. Paul in 2018, but may spend my money on other things after that.
            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

So what sections are we at for four together, and what rows?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                So what sections are we at for four together, and what rows?
                Appreciate the E-Mail; will respond here since it's of general interest to those still in line.

*** Priority 3 goes on the clock at 10:00AM Eastern Time on Halloween Morning. ***

As I've been away from the topic for over a week, I decided to try for a fairly complete inventory. Remarkably enough, the system is still letting me search at Level 4. I presume this means the ticket limit is still at 8 per household.

Frozen Four Priority Lottery: Ticket Inventory (as of 10/31/2016)

Headline: Upper Bowl Seating, Row 4, is Available in Sections 307, 311, 325 & 328.

Lower Level: Glass Seats Only

Club: Gone

Upper Bowl on the Press Box Side: Gone except for Singles

Upper Bowl on the Player Benches Side:
                Section 303, Rows 13-17
                Section 302, Rows 12-15
                Section 301, Center Ice, Rows 15-16
                Section 334, Center Ice, Rows 14-16
                Section 333, Rows 12-17
                Section 332, Rows 13-17

Upper Bowl; Blackhawks Shoot Twice; Corners & Ends:
                Section 321, Rows 9-17
                Section 322, Rows 8-17
                Section 323, Rows 8-17
                Section 324, Rows 5-17
                Section 325, Rows 4-17
                Section 326, Directly Behind Net, Rows 10-17
                Section 327, Rows 6-17
                Section 328, Rows 4-17
                Section 329, Rows 8-17
                Section 330, Rows 8-17
                Section 331, Rows 8-17

Upper Bowl; Blackhawks Shoot Once; Corners & Ends:
                Section 304, Rows 8-17
                Section 305, Rows 8-17
                Section 306, Rows 8-17
                Section 307, Rows 4-17
                Section 308, Rows 5-17
                Section 309, Directly Behind Net, Rows 9-17
                Section 310, Rows 5-17
                Section 311, Rows 4-17
                Section 312, Rows 8-17
                Section 313, Rows 8-17
                Section 314, Rows 9-14

Disclaimer: My primary goal was to identify the lowest row available in each section, for pairs or sets of four. IIRC, there are a handful of rows within my ranges that aren't available. In other words, isolated pockets of seats sold. But overall, the pattern is very consistent. Everything below a certain row is sold; most seats above a certain row are available.

Comment

Wednesday, November 2nd Spot-Check

Headline: Some Sales At Priority 3; But Not Lots

Upper Bowl Benches Side/Center Ice: Section 301 has 1 Pair in the Top Row. Section 334 Singles Only

Upper Bowl Benches Side: Low Row in Section 332 is now Row 15. (Up From Row 13)

Upper Bowl Ends, Lowest Rows: Low Row in Section 325 is now Row 7. (Up From Row 4) Section 311 is now Row 6. (Up From Row 4) Note, though, that Section 311 does have 2 Pairs in Row 4.

Upper Bowl Directly Behind Net: Section 326 - Row 10 is still available. Section 309 - Now Row 10, although there are 2 Pairs in Row 9 available.

Previously Unnoticed Feature: Once you get to a specific section of the arena, there is a "Group Seats Together" Option near the top of the page. It is automatically selected. (check mark) I'm guessing you can de-select it, and purchase seats in more than one row. I'm surprised I never noticed that option before. Or, maybe it's relatively new -- added in response to Customer feedback.

Priority 2 opens in half an hour. Hope you can find something suitable.
                  Last edited by pgb-ohio; 11-02-2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Priority 2. 311, row 7.

While I acknowledge that this is probably more realistic of an expectation, after being midway up the lower bowl last year, I can't help but feel disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      Priority 2. 311, row 7.

While I acknowledge that this is probably more realistic of an expectation, after being midway up the lower bowl last year, I can't help but feel disappointed.
                      Most of us have had experience with holding season tickets for a local team. In a good year, your location improves. In a bad year, you're in a holding pattern. Things aren't supposed to get worse. Ever. If they do get worse, due to price increases, a new building or whatever, we feel wronged.

All that is more than reasonable. But as you allude to, it isn't realistic expectation for the FF. Ticket Demand & Allotments fluctuate significantly from one site to the next. But at the gut level, this just doesn't register. The gut says that great seats should be a new normal, not the "high water mark" they actually are. FWIW.

Obviously it's fair game to second guess the Public Allotment. But that's a separate issue.

And then there was 1 -- Priority Level left. On the clock at 10:00 AM Eastern.

Comment

Priority 4. Section 318 row 10. Was on the road (going to college hockey games) last weekend when priority 4 came up. Didn't have access to a computer or wifi on Friday. I could have waited until Saturday, but instead proceeded to order on my phone. Couldn't find a number to call (admittedly didn't look too hard). Went with the seats that were selected for me, as I couldn't find the opportunity to click around different sections on my phone.

I probably would have preferred a lower row and accepted a corner. But, we'll still have fun in these seats. Nothing wrong with blue line. The only time I've watched a game at United Center we had standing room up on the 300 level, and those were good enough for me, so in theory this will be better.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

I lied - P1 up to 8 tix, not 4.
                          Corner upper bowl.
                          Section 311, row 9, seats 1-7
                          Last edited by Rhett Hot; 11-04-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Received my presale email today, two tix, section 310 row 9. The tickets offered were all ends and a bit of the corners on both ends.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

We're in section 332. Four seats.
                              Boolaboola

Comment

I, who haven't attended a Frozen Four since Washington, received a phone call from the NCAA wanting to know if I was interested in Frozen Four tickets. (Huh?).

Tokd him the tickets were too expensive. He also asked me if I knew anyone who wanted tickets. Told him, being in Maryland, that's a tough question.

Strange.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X