Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    They weren't goals. That's why they were waved off!

A little unhappy with the outcome from Saturday, but that was the worst thing I can think of. It was nice to see the offense with a little jump.

Gotta try and take less penalties. I know, I know, broken record.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

A little unhappy with the outcome from Saturday, but that was the worst thing I can think of. It was nice to see the offense with a little jump.

Gotta try and take less penalties. I know, I know, broken record.
      Penalties were way up all over hockey. But there were a few NMU should have avoided.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

It's going to be good for the league once they clean up the old NHL-esque clutch and grab. They just need to stick with it and call it all season. Can't lapse at Christmas and let it go back to how it was.

Nice to see the Power Play clicking at 20%. That's about where I expect it to be. The Penalty Kill definitely needs some work. Wisconsin did a number on slaughtering that stat Saturday. Nothing a good weekend against Bemidji can't fix.

Bemidji is going to be trouble. They've given NMU fits for years now.

Would be nice to see a full building for all the home games. This team has the ability to be good. They just need to act upon it.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Welp, looks like the offense got left in Green Bay. Tough loss.

Comment

Where's NMU's Dominik Shine???? He's missed the first 3 games of the season!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That was the most frustrating series I've witnessed in a long time. Tough weekend.

Comment

Just watched the BSU game. Can't figure out why when NMU took a 2 min minor at 19.24 and BSU took a 5 min major at the same time, NMU had goalie pulled and yet they only had 5 players on the ice. So basically, I think NMU forgot to put the extra attacker on. which really makes pulling the goalie not only meaningless but silly.

Any answers?????

Comment

Originally posted by clarksoncluck View Post
                  Just watched the BSU game. Can't figure out why when NMU took a 2 min minor at 19.24 and BSU took a 5 min major at the same time, NMU had goalie pulled and yet they only had 5 players on the ice. So basically, I think NMU forgot to put the extra attacker on. which really makes pulling the goalie not only meaningless but silly.

Any answers?????
                  Everything was correct. With the minor agains NMU & the 5 against Bemidji, each team is one man short. Bemidji had 4+ the goalie, NMU had 5 5 skaters.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

NMU Mystery Question: Where's Dominik Shine???? He hasn't played in NMU's first (4) games of the season.... No mention of his absence in any NMU press reports???? Does anybody know what's going on with him????

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                      NMU Mystery Question: Where's Dominik Shine???? He hasn't played in NMU's first (4) games of the season.... No mention of his absence in any NMU press reports???? Does anybody know what's going on with him????
                      Check the inquiry you made on the other NMU thread last week. The question was answered there.

Comment

"The Shine situation is internal" is a pretty vague statement.... Many NMU hockey fans (myself included) want to know why Senior Forward Dominik Shine (who is NMU's best player) and a pre-season All-League pick has not been in the lineup for the first (4) games of the 2016-17 season.... No official word from NMU on an injury or being ineligible so just wondering what's going on with him missing these games.... NMU sure could have used Shine's offense vs Bemidji State in Marquette last weekend when they got shut out both nites.... They didn't seem to miss him in the Wisconsin series at GB but double goose egg losses to BSU at home sure raises questions about Shine not playing.... Just wondering what's going on with him....
                        Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 10-17-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                          "The Shine situation is internal" is a pretty vague statement.... Many NMU hockey fans (myself included) want to know why Senior Forward Dominik Shine (who is NMU's best player) and a pre-season All-League pick has not been in the lineup for the first (4) games of the 2016-17 season.... No official word from NMU on an injury or being ineligible so just wondering what's going on with him missing these games.... NMU sure could have used Shine's offense vs Bemidji State in Marquette last weekend when they got shut out both nites.... They didn't seem to miss him in the Wisconsin series at GB but double goose egg losses to BSU at home sure raises questions about Shine not playing.... Just wondering what's going on with him....
                          Does it really matter the reason? They need to get production from other guys this season. Can't rely on one or two guys. Loggins needs to start producing.
                          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

When your leading goal scorer from last year and projected All-WCHA Preseason pick this year isn't in the lineup for "unspecific reasons" you have to wonder what's going on with him.... Is he injured, is he ineligible, is he sick, is he going Pro, is he in trouble with the Law, does he have family issues, etc, etc, etc and how long will he be out of action???? Is he out temporarily, is he out for the season, is he out day to day, etc, etc, etc???? Will he be on the team and active at all this year???? I realize that there are 21 other players that also play for NMU on any given nite but Shine is NMU's best player and they need him on the ice this year in order for them to be a good team so when NMU's best player isn't playing and no official reason is given fans like myself are just wondering what's going on with the situation.... I agree that other players have to step up for NMU in his absence but he's a Preseason All-American and a NHL prospect so he needs to be playing in order for NMU to be successful this season.... Just kind of odd that no official explanation has been given for him not playing so far....

Comment

Obviously the team went on a bike ride
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

NMU @ Ferris State - (Friday) October 21st from Big Rapids, Michigan

NMU Players Not Dressing Tonite

F - Dominik Shine (Senior)

F - Shane Sooth (Senior)

F - Sami Salminen (Senior)

F - Easton Viitala (Junior)

D - James Vermeulen (Soph)

D - Jesse Junttila (Soph)

G - Tyger Howat (Frosh)

Comment

Working...
                                X