Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

• UMass Lowell (2) vs. Cornell (3), noon EDT Saturday, ESPN3

UMass-Lowell won their third HE conference tournament title in five years and will have what amounts to home-ice advantage with their 5th NCAA appearance in 6 seasons. Cornell makes its 20th trip to the tournament, and its the first since 2012. The Big Red were ECAC runners-up this year to its archrival Harvard, but ended the regular season as one of the hottest teams in college hockey, going undefeated in February with a 6-0-3 record.

• Minnesota (1) vs. Notre Dame (4), 3:30 p.m. EDT Saturday, ESPNU

Minnesota won a record 6th straight regular season title and returns to the national tournament for the 37th time. It's the 7th time they’ve earned a top seed since the tournament expanded to 16 teams in 2003. Notre Dame makes its second straight trip to the tournament having qualified for the NCAAs 8 times in the last 10 years.

• Regional championship, 3:30 p.m. EDT Sunday, ESPNU

Which two teams do you predict will make the championship game?

Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Which two teams do you predict will make the championship game?
    Lowell and Minnesota

Comment

Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Predict: Lowell and Minnesota
      Hope: Cornell and Minnesota
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I think the consensus is Minnesota & Lowell in the regional final, "you're on your own after that".

In all seriousness, nothing would surprise me in this region and in very seriousness.....what the heck is a 'Lowell' anyway?!
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          I think the consensus is Minnesota & Lowell in the regional final, "you're on your own after that".

In all seriousness, nothing would surprise me in this region and in very seriousness.....what the heck is a 'Lowell' anyway?!
          Why do you have a rodent for a mascot when everybody knows nothing survives that far north except polar bears.

It's the beauty of our wonderful world that keeps us going.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

It's the home of the famous restaurant Mysore Veggie. Unfortunately, it closed recently because so nobody showed up.
            Image result for funny lowell

Comment

Ed McMahon, famous "host" of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, was from Lowell.

Comment

Definitely have Lowell over Cornell. I have Minnesota over Notre Dame, but it wouldn't shock me if ND pulled off the upset.

Lowell over Minnesota in the regional final.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Ed McMahon, famous "host" of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, was from Lowell.
                  Good to know somebody's from there.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    So too that famous typist, Jack Kerouac
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

I'm hoping for Minnesota/Cornell. I'm predicting Notre Dame/Lowell.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The correct statement is "What the heck is a River Hawk?"

Emmy Award winner Michael Chiklis (The Commish! Or Vic Mackey to you "Shield" fans) is also from Lowell. And a proud BU alum! Though I suppose that's not what the Lowell folks want to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          So too that famous typist, Jack Kerouac
                          Something about the Industrial Revolution too.

Then again I'm from the city of Tom Bergeron, Archie Bunker, and JG Whittier
                          Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 03-23-2017, 01:32 PM. Reason: phones are dumb
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            The correct statement is "What the heck is a River Hawk?"
                            An osprey. It's not complicated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osprey
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                              An osprey. It's not complicated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osprey
                              Thanks for sharing. The fact that they eat mostly fish makes me like the Gophers' chance should both teams advance to the regional final.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X