Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    The 1 Minute Left thing is universal. Oftentimes, the MN guy will even respond to the crowd after the "Thank you!"
    Yeah, there are alot of things that are universal and I'm positive there are things that MTU does that they stole from somewhere else...I think we've done a good job of making certain things our own but stealing happens everywhere...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Yeah, there are alot of things that are universal and I'm positive there are things that MTU does that they stole from somewhere else...I think we've done a good job of making certain things our own but stealing happens everywhere...
      If they play "The Engineer Song" or "The Copper Country Anthem" and they start singing "In heaven there is no snow" or "In heaven there are no refs" we know some thievery is going on. "Halftime" seems to be ours as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
        If they play "The Engineer Song" or "The Copper Country Anthem" and they start singing "In heaven there is no snow" or "In heaven there are no refs" we know some thievery is going on. "Halftime" seems to be ours as well.
        I'm pretty sure e^x was stolen from an eastern school and adapted to make "beat'em beat'em! MTU!" fit at the end.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm pretty sure e^x was stolen from an eastern school and adapted to make "beat'em beat'em! MTU!" fit at the end.
          Clarkson also does Halftime I believe.

That series next year is going to be so confusing.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I've heard many Ivies and "advanced" schools use "That's all right, that's okay, you'll be working for us someday."

I've heard Tech Once as TKE Once as well.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

e^x is very common, RPI, RIT, MIT, Cal Tech have all used versions of it from just a quick google search.

The Engineers song is also extremely common, known as Godiva's Hymn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godiva%27s_Hymn
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                I've heard many Ivies and "advanced" schools use "That's all right, that's okay, you'll be working for us someday."

I've heard Tech Once as TKE Once as well.
                I don't hear that one so much any more. Then again we don't lose like we use to.

Comment

I am in the unfortunate position that my training leads both here in Huntsville and down in Houston hold aerospace engineering degrees from AA. They're both wonderful people with terrible taste. This is going go hurt. Thankfully neither of them cares about college hockey; if they did, I might have to come up with a Muck Farv sign to put up in my office.

Please tell me that y'all are calling Marv's predecessor Rod or Ron or Robbie or something...

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

nope, can't root for UMD, their fans arrogance is getting close to exceeding all other fanbases...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I am focused on a pretty small group of people, but they annoy me a lot now...except biddy

Comment

If I'm wrong I apologize. The only fans I've heard do some of these things are tech fans.

Comment

I am focused on a pretty small group of people, but they annoy me a lot now...except biddy
                          To be fair, Biddy is pretty much the only UMD fan I've met in person, so...

Oh wait, no, I met RWD years ago, back when Duluth averaged 10 wins a season at best. Yeah, she strikes me as the UMD fan who would get arrogant with success.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-06-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            To be fair, Biddy is pretty much the only UMD fan I've met in person, so...

Oh wait, no, I met RWD years ago, back when Duluth averaged 10 wins a season at best. Yeah, she strikes me as the UMD fan who would get arrogant with success.
                            She’s one of them...orlett is the other.

Comment

RWD was insufferable before Duluth won their championship, as was Orlett.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                RWD was insufferable before Duluth won their championship, as was Orlett.
                                Yes. Although once you get Orlett out of his persona, he's actually really cool. No such thing with RWD. And don't even start with Ciskie.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X