• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Ah..so you're Dubbers eh?
    That explains a lot.
    Course Dubbers Jr works for FDF as he posts a lot of crap like you do.
    Those days are over for me FTLT. Good thing for you, too. I recently discovered my box full of Minnesota factoids, so its not like I wouldn't have the ability to continue. But I have lost all desire to do that anymore. I'm surprised I even came back. Guess I mostly am interested in the coaching changes and how my 2nd favorite team will do?

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
      Those days are over for me FTLT. Good thing for you, too. I recently discovered my box full of Minnesota factoids, so its not like I wouldn't have the ability to continue. But I have lost all desire to do that anymore. I'm surprised I even came back. Guess I mostly am interested in the coaching changes and how my 2nd favorite team will do?
      Talk is cheap DJ.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
        Well, this site can't handle the both of us, lol. I recently got suspended, don't want to get banned, so I'm trying to act very non-dubber/Fred like. Trying mostly not to response to people like FTLT in any way that might trigger them. Although my trying to be nice might **** em off even more? Goes to show how the consequences of bad behavior or mistakes can follow a person for a long time. So I deserve it I guess. Just means i'll have to try harder to be nice as much as possible.
        You're failing. Your 2 cents is worth nothing. Nothing.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Holy ****. In year five he'll make $687k if I did that right. That's an asston of cash for base as a hockey coach.
          Per the Star Tribune this morning his base salary and buyouts will be:
          Year 1: $525,000/$2,000,000
          Year 2: $565,000/$1,750,000
          Year 3: $593,250/$1,400,000
          Year 4: $622,912/$1,000,000
          Year 5: $654,057/$650,000
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            You're failing. Your 2 cents is worth nothing. Nothing.

Well, you are entitled to think that. I still hope you have a good day Brenthoven

Comment

What are you talking about? We didn't lose 13 games to ND, OSU & Mich. We went 2-8-2 vs those 3 teams I believe? am I wrong? 2-9-2 if you include UMD, going 0-6-1 on the road. Losing 3 of those games ON THE ROAD, by just 1 goal each.

We didn't have the greatest season, but until we lost those last 4 games in a row to PSU, we were ranked #8 in the nation. I don't know how in the hell we were able to f it up as bad as we did vs PSU, so I gave up defending the team, but even so, they don't deserve the disrespect you seem to want to give them.

They came .002 away from getting into the tourney, OR just an OT win by a Conf tourney title game loser away, and 3 of our Conf mates are now in the Frozen Four.

People made it out like it was the end of the world when we lost to Michigan, like "how could we lost to those losers", well, seems they weren't as bad as most ppl thought they were.
              Oops , I included the FIVE LOSSES TO PENN STATE. My silly mistake. I see now that our 2-9-2 record against puts us in the upper stratosphere. They should just crown us. I'm sorry to contradict you, thus implying that the Gophers are not the best. You may now begin your 4 hours of hyperventilating.
              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                Oops , I included the FIVE LOSSES TO PENN STATE. My silly mistake. I see now that our 2-9-2 record against puts us in the upper stratosphere. They should just crown us. I'm sorry to contradict you, thus implying that the Gophers are not the best. You may now begin your 4 hours of hyperventilating.
                Hey captain, relax. Sorry that I triggered you. I'll try to be less defensive and to tone down my positive outlook in the future. I just tried to balance out your extreme negative take with a counter balancing extreme positive take. But your response is further proof that all the counter balancing response does is promote further discord.

You are right that Minnesota didn't prove that they are of the same caliber as ND, OSU or Michigan. And apparently PSU had their number as well.

But there is evidence that they may have shown that they were on the same level or better than/as UMD, Clarkson, UND, Union, Wisconsin, Air Force & Harvard. as they went 9-3 vs that group. A group that included 2 of the Elite 8 teams and a FF team. So its not unrealistic to think that, like UMD, UMn could have slipped into the FF, and then on a good day they proved they could beat anyone in the B1G as they had wins over #1 SCSU, #2 ND & #4 OSU, and the thing is, yes they beat those 3 AT HOME, but guess where the NCAA Frozen Four is this year? lol Yeah, so... Just saying. I mean, you have every right to disagree and the 2-8-2 record vs the 3 B1Gs in the FF does show they didn't prove they belong in that "upper stratosphere", but belonging doesn't always beat out luck.

Comment

Hey captain, relax. Sorry that I triggered you. I'll try to be less defensive and to tone down my positive outlook in the future. I just tried to balance out your extreme negative take with a counter balancing extreme positive take. But your response is further proof that all the counter balancing response does is promote further discord.

You are right that Minnesota didn't prove that they are of the same caliber as ND, OSU or Michigan. And apparently PSU had their number as well.

But there is evidence that they may have shown that they were on the same level or better than/as UMD, Clarkson, UND, Union, Wisconsin, Air Force & Harvard. as they went 9-3 vs that group. A group that included 2 of the Elite 8 teams and a FF team. So its not unrealistic to think that, like UMD, UMn could have slipped into the FF, and then on a good day they proved they could beat anyone in the B1G as they had wins over #1 SCSU, #2 ND & #4 OSU, and the thing is, yes they beat those 3 AT HOME, but guess where the NCAA Frozen Four is this year? lol Yeah, so... Just saying. I mean, you have every right to disagree and the 2-8-2 record vs the 3 B1Gs in the FF does show they didn't prove they belong in that "upper stratosphere", but belonging doesn't always beat out luck.
                  No trigger, no discord and absolutely not an extreme negative take. I was just having fun with how maddeningly unpredictable this squad was. Also, 2-9-2 against ( pronounced like Wally would ) does make me think that they would not fare too well. I have not forgotten that they had some pretty good wins, but the really poor showing to end the season told me a lot more than the " marquee " wins from earlier. For the record, it is HIGHLY unlikely anyone could get me riled up on here. Not even the old you could have.
                  You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                    No trigger, no discord and absolutely not an extreme negative take. I was just having fun with how maddeningly unpredictable this squad was. Also, 2-9-2 against ( pronounced like Wally would ) does make me think that they would not fare too well. I have not forgotten that they had some pretty good wins, but the really poor showing to end the season told me a lot more than the " marquee " wins from earlier. For the record, it is HIGHLY unlikely anyone could get me riled up on here. Not even the old you could have.
                    The old me? lol Pleased that you maybe have noticed a difference? I'm trying.

And unpredictable they were. And yes, that ending just sucked SO bad. Never saw that coming, no way. Their 2-9-2 was only 2-3-1 at home(3-4-1 w/ PSU), so if they snuck into the FF with it basically being a home game, might have helped, IF they got that far?

But hey, since I'm trying to be different, I'll try to see it from another angle, the Clarkson wins that seemed so impressive early on, well, those wins didn't seem as impressive when Clarkson dropped almost all the way out as well, and then lost in the first round. And had PSU done better, our losing 5 of 6 might not have looked as bad, but they lost right off the bat, too, so that didn't reflect very well on us.

Comment

Years later, new Gophers hockey coach Bob Motzko is still answering the call

http://www.startribune.com/years-lat...all/478471163/

Comment

Kevin Hartzell offers his 2 cents to Bob Motzko.

https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_a...rer_id=1949540

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Kevin Hartzell offers his 2 cents to Bob Motzko.

https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_a...rer_id=1949540
                          Do you not agree with the need for a change in recruiting practices?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                          X