X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

2013 Pittsburgh.

Lower Level was $200.

In five years the lower level has increased from $200 to $290. And the now the first 2 rows are sold separately for a complete screwing.
    Last edited by steven22; 09-20-2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
      2013 Pittsburgh.

Lower Level was $200.

In five years the lower level has increased from $200 to $290. And the now the first 2 rows are sold separately for a complete screwing.
      Yea that is absurd. 45% increase in 4 years.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

2013 Pittsburgh.

Lower Level was $200.

Who sets the prices? NCAA or the host?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Prices from the NCAA webpage:

2017 Chicago :

All-Session Ticket Prices
          $650 - Lower Level (Row 1)
          $475 - Lower Level (Row 2)
          $290 - Lower Level
          $280 - Club Level
          $175 - Upper Level
          I'll be a buyer at $175... There should be some end seats open to the General Public after people with priority points are done...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Who sets the prices? NCAA or the host?
            I would guess the NCAA since they are being sold on the NCAA webpage.

Comment

I would guess the NCAA since they are being sold on the NCAA webpage.
              I believe the hosts set the price as they bid on the right to host. They have to guarantee the NCAA a certain amount of money. This happens for the regionals as well. I purchase 4 seats. If I get club level, like last year, it will cost me $200 more than last year! If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
              Who is the host this coming year?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Yea that is absurd. 45% increase in 4 years.
                I have tracked Frozen Four ticket prices since 1990, except for 1992 (for which I was unable to find the prices), when the package price was $50. Since then the lower bowl prices have increased 480%. I have put my Frozen Four Ticket prices on a spreadsheet if anyone is interested. On the right I have included the year-to-year price change and the overall price change since 1990. Four times there were price decreases between FFs and twice there was no increase. There was a lot of volatility from 1999 to 2004 but since then prices have increased every year except 2012.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I forget what Priority I am ..... will they be sending me an e-mail with that info on it

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                    I forget what Priority I am ..... will they be sending me an e-mail with that info on it
                    They sent out an email September 8th with info including your priority number.

Also included in the email was this:

If you need to update your email address, please submit the change to mensfrozenfour@ncaa.org and include your name, your previous email address and your current email address.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      I'll be a buyer at $175... There should be some end seats open to the General Public after people with priority points are done...
                      mookie's guessing you've been to the united center? what's it like in the upper deck there?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        mookie's guessing you've been to the united center? what's it like in the upper deck there?
                        It's not horrible.

Sightlines are solid. You are somewhat back from the ice, but don't feel like you're a mile back. It is kinda steep. Press Boxes are between 315-320 so those sections have fewer rows on the topside. There are 4 SRO "Bar" areas in the corners that are actually really good areas to watch the game from. They are about 5 rows up.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

It's not horrible.

Sightlines are solid. You are somewhat back from the ice, but don't feel like you're a mile back. It is kinda steep.
                          Spot on. And IMHO the payoff in sightlines makes the steepness well worth it.

Comment

NCAA Customer Service: 800-208-0048

As I've posted many times in the past, the front line phone people at Customer Service are friendly, hardworking and generally can offer solutions. I strongly encourage anyone with questions/difficulties to contact them.

That said, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Customer Service last night on the question of ticket limits. (per account holder) The information remains highly classified. My rep poured through her materials, read the NCAA website posts backwards and forwards, & consulted a supervisor. Nothing. Very frustrating.

The cat finally gets out of the bag this morning at 10:00 AM. When someone learns the answer -- 4 tickets vs. 8 tickets -- please post.

Comment

I think it's a real possibility that a lot of the high-priority folks used to sitting down low may opt for the lower priced tickets this year. You can bet I'll think twice and three times before spending that much on tickets in the lower bowl. Priority applications this month could be a rush to secure cheap seats rather than good lower bowl seats. If that is the case, they're going to have a hard time selling lower bowl tickets to the general public/walkup at these prices if that is the majority of the inventory left over. Or lower priority folks are going to say eff it and not get seats now and wait to see what teams are playing before committing this much money this early. An empty building would serve them right.

It will be interesting to see how things play out. I finally got a priority high enough to sit in the lower bowl and now I feel like I'm being squeezed out and I don't like it. At some point money isn't the issue.

Curious to hear what the high-priority folks are opting for.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

The Lottery is Officially Open. Level 20, You're On The Clock!

A Priority Ticket Holders Tab has been added to the NCAA Web Page. Remember, you log into the system with your e-mail address. Based on past experience, it's easy to create a new password. Or, if you have your password from last year handy, so much the better.

Everyone: After you complete your purchase, please post your location. No need for specific seat numbers. But Section and Row info would be very helpful. Also, please take a moment and post any observations that your fellow fans might find useful.

We've done this for many years on USCHO. For those that follow you in line, it makes navigating through a sometimes puzzling process much easier. Just as importantly, it helps all of us understand the results. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                X