Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.12: Dan, does it take courage when encountering the covfefe?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That's not how I read that chart. How I read it (and of course there also have to be regional cost adjustments):

Lower class (bottom quint): 0 - 22.8
    Middle class (quints 2-4): 22.9 - 112.3
    Upper class (top quint): 112.4 +
    Um no. The poverty line is $24,600.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Your expectations and reality simply do not align.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...g-middle-class

another degree that will overburden the holder with debt that will never be paid

psychology today teaching economics?!?!

if the upper class was really 1/3 of all americans, do you truly believe they would want to belong??
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

you must remember michael douglas' speech in the back of the limo coming back from squash with aids boy!!! LIQUID!!! just making the top 20% don't make one upper class.

Comment

once again, middle is not about size. it is just who falls between the upper class and the lower class.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            you must remember michael douglas' speech in the back of the limo coming back from squash with aids boy!!! LIQUID!!! just making the top 20% don't make one upper class.
            No, it doesn't make you rich. The rich are roughly the top 2% -- my guess is a household income of $400k ($800k in NYC, $200k in Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas) makes you rich.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Um no. The poverty line is $24,600.
              Exactly. Think about that. We are approaching medieval social stratification.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

another degree that will overburden the holder with debt that will never be paid

psychology today teaching economics?!?!

if the upper class was really 1/3 of all americans, do you truly believe they would want to belong??
                It wasn't teaching economics, it pertained to people assigning themselves to the middle class when their income and wealth don't align with the middle class because of the desire to be associated with traditional American icons and myths.

Nice reading comprehension. You're clearly below the middle.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  That's still what I would consider at or near middle class. I'm fairly confident my family earned around $160k-$200k when I left for college. We were most certainly not upper class.
                  Define upper class? That income (10 years ago?) puts your family easily into a top bracket.

Comment

that's still what i would consider at or near middle class. I'm fairly confident my family earned around $160k-$200k when i left for college. We were most certainly not upper class. We were firmly in the upper middle class with no chance of being confused for upper class.
                    tf
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The DNC is being sued for their rigging of the 2016 elections, and the plaintiffs have filed for witness protection, all while the defendants try to pull the wool over the eyes of the people and blame the other side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEbyw-xEmAc

Comment

That's still what I would consider at or near middle class. I'm fairly confident my family earned around $160k-$200k when I left for college. We were most certainly not upper class. We were firmly in the upper middle class with no chance of being confused for upper class.
                        It's a question of how narrow or broad you think of each class as being. I'm taking the classes as 1:3:1, and by those brackets your family (like mine) was "upper class" while not being "rich." But if you think of the classes as say 3:6:1, then you were upper middle. As somebody has probably pointed out by now, in the US almost everybody identifies as "middle class," including that spectacularly tin earned Member a few years ago who said at $400k he was "middle class."

I believe this guy had the answer on this, as on everything.

Class traitor? What f-cking ever!
                        I'm just another middle class kid, too
                        But if I'm not good at changing, I'm good at self loathing
                        So I'll class hate myself with you
                        Cornell University

Comment

That's not how I read that chart. How I read it (and of course there also have to be regional cost adjustments):

Lower class (bottom quint): 0 - 22.8
                          Middle class (quints 2-4): 22.9 - 112.3
                          That chart is wrong. I live in the real world and in the real world Upper Class is NOT 112.4. Not even close.

Exactly.

Shocked Kepler is falling into that hole.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Define upper class? That income (10 years ago?) puts your family easily into a top bracket.
                            250 or more. It's the line our own Senators and Representatives always cite. And for good reason.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              250 or more. It's the line our own Senators and Representatives always cite. And for good reason.
                              Yeah, they cite that figure because it alienates the fewest number of voters as possible.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

What's probably most significant is that a group of relatively smart people can legitimately disagree on the definition of such a widely used political term like "middle class".

Consequently, if I raise taxes on a $200k household, I am certainly "raising taxes on the middle class!" And if I cut taxes on a $200k household, I am most certainly going to be "giving tax cuts to the rich!"
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X