This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Maybe Sato is being held back for redshirt purposes, unless an emergency with depth develops in-season?

Let's hope the tie is not an omen for what the rest of the season is gonna look like.

Was hoping to get to the game this afternoon, but didn't get back in time, so hopefully next weekend ...
    If he's still with the team - but pulled off the roster it has to be a transcript/eligibility issue that needs to be resolved. He is an international student who bounced around a few different schools in NA. It wouldn't be unprecedented. A red shirt may not be out of the question - but if that's all it was he'd be listed on the roster...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      You guys going to UML Friday?
      Yeah, we will be there. Hoping for less than 8 goals against this time...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
        Yeah, we will be there. Hoping for less than 8 goals against this time...
        Yes that would be an improvement to say the least. See you there no doubt! The Tsongas hasn't been too kind to the 'Cats in the 4 seasons I've been following them...still, I look forward to seeing what we put together with the stiff competition we'll be facing.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Maybe Sato is being held back for redshirt purposes, unless an emergency with depth develops in-season?

Let's hope the tie is not an omen for what the rest of the season is gonna look like.

Was hoping to get to the game this afternoon, but didn't get back in time, so hopefully next weekend ...
          Gonna hold you to that sir! Well I don't know about an 'omen' but I'm sure they (coaches) saw plenty that will need work. I'm glad they were able to scrap together those 2 goals and come from behind to tie it, and had a few decent chances in the 3rd and OT. They faced a decent goalie tonight and they looked more organized on offense than we did at times (but we did outshoot them). That's going to happen when you are playing a lot of diff combos, I suspect. Noticed that Richie Boyd got lots of play time tonight; glad to see him on the ice with the season he had last year. And would like to note there were some great hits by forwards that will have to continue.

To say our hands will be full next weekend is an understatement, and we will surely see what we're made of early on. Oh, and on another note, wasn't impressed with the 'student section' tonight....too many F U's coming out towards the opposing goalie and officials that I hope will subside. Trust me I personally am not all that offended but it's not the norm for UNH fans. But that will be the least of our problems! Go 'Cats!
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-01-2017, 08:25 PM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Gonna hold you to that sir! Well I don't know about an 'omen' but I'm sure they (coaches) saw plenty that will need work. I'm glad they were able to scrap together those 2 goals and come from behind to tie it, and had a few decent chances in the 3rd and OT. They faced a decent goalie tonight and they looked more organized on offense than we did at times (but we did outshoot them). That's going to happen when you are playing a lot of diff combos, I suspect. Noticed that Richie Boyd got lots of play time tonight; glad to see him on the ice with the season he had last year. And would like to note there were some great hits by forwards that will have to continue.

To say our hands will be full next weekend is an understatement, and we will surely see what we're made of early on. Oh, and on another note, wasn't impressed with the 'student section' tonight....too many F U's coming out towards the opposing goalie and officials that I hope will subside. Trust me I personally am not all that offended but it's not the norm for UNH fans. But that will be the least of our problems! Go 'Cats!
            Boyd was granted a medical red shirt for last season. So, he and Adam Clark will have the option to play in the 2018-19 season.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
              Boyd was granted a medical red shirt for last season. So, he and Adam Clark will have the option to play in the 2018-19 season.
              It was good to see Boyd looking healthy and playing strong against Xavier. He played on UNH's first power play unit.

Some fans may remember how promising Rich Boyd's career looked when he was a freshman. Here's an excerpt from an article in early November of his frosh season:
              "A couple weekends ago, Rich Boyd was in the starting lineup against Colorado College. He played on the first defensive pairing with Brett Pesce. As the highlight video shows, Boyd assisted on Maxim Gaudreault and Andrew Poturalski's goals. Boyd has also been logging substantial minutes on the UNH power play and the video shows some of his shots on goal."

http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/unh-freshman-rich-boyd-hosts-big.html?m=1
              Last edited by C-H-C; 10-02-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                It was good to see Boyd looking healthy and playing strong against Xavier. He played on UNH's first power play unit.

Some fans may remember how promising Rich Boyd's career looked when he was a freshman. Here's an excerpt from an article in early November of his frosh season:
                "A couple weekends ago, Rich Boyd was in the starting lineup against Colorado College. He played on the first defensive pairing with Brett Pesce. As the highlight video shows, Boyd assisted on Maxim Gaudreault and Andrew Poturalski's goals. Boyd has also been logging substantial minutes on the UNH power play and the video shows some of his shots on goal."

http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...s-big.html?m=1
                If he can make a comeback this year (and next?), I think that Boyd's story would be a huge boost to this team's prospects going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  If he can make a comeback this year (and next?), I think that Boyd's story would be a huge boost to this team's prospects going forward.
                  Remember that game at Merrimack where he was playing CENTER...and scored? That was awesome. Good luck Rich...have a day!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Time to re-set ... yes, it's that time of the season at long last, and you know what that means! Kind of like that car accident on the other side of the interstate that ends up causing traffic delays in the opposite direction ... WIS Productions brings you the first stanza in the final edition of "Umile's Last Stand - The _____ for 600".

"Umile's Last Stand - The Quest for 600"

Coach Umile's current career wins total: 586
                    Wins Remaining to NRN (Next Round Number): 14
                    Games Remaining (plus 2 min. MBPBEGAM games): 36
                    Win Pct. Required to Hit Target: 38.9%
                    WIS Estimated Likelihood of Success: 67%
                    2017/2018 Cupcake Conversion Ratio (CCR): 0/0 (0.0%)

The passing of the torch at the top of the UNH Men's Hockey program has been a protracted and oftentimes painful experience for many of us, but thankfully the final chapter begins this coming weekend after a reportedly unimpressive (and admittedly unimportant) exhibition tie against the vaunted X-Men from north of the border. And while yours truly will never seriously utter the term "cupcake" and "Coach Bazin" in the same sentence ... well, getting the Riverhawks on the schedule right at the start of the season was a masterstroke in planning by the responsible person. Somehow I see the invisible hand of Joey "Peaches" Bertagna behind this unofficial going-away gift to Coach Umile. I think we all know that the UML squad that goes home-and-home with UNH this coming weekend will bear no resemblance to the juggernaut that terrorizes the Hockey East landscape from Thanksgiving weekend through to mid-March. I have that sneaky suspicion that UNH eeks out a surprise result this coming weekend ... but the question is, will that result be a tie, or will it be the full W that Coach so badly needs? My predictions (as always) will answer with the usual semi-educated guesswork a little further below.

Looking at the big picture ... as we did last season, the WIS panel of experts are projecting that Coach Umile's Wildcats will amass at least 10 wins in the opening 19 game stretch of the season through completion of the Ledyard Bank Classic after the break and before we turn the calendar into 2018. UNH's bid for conditional membership in Atlantic Hockey during this same stretch last season didn't work out as planned, but make no mistake - the cupboard for several stretches during the 2017 segment of this season is stocked with sugar-laden goodies, starting with the four game Halloween Homestand, and then a winnable road game up at The Gut. And while November looks mostly barren for W prospects, the December schedule brings Coach into the holidays with a series of creme-filled tasty opposition.

Even the 2018 regular season schedule doesn't appear quite as daunting as last year's schedule during that same stretch. With Brown at the top of that stretch, it's possible that the NRN arrives before the end of January, and perhaps by early February at the latest. Sooner the better, though, as any slippage behind win projections brings the NRN closer to the postseason, and the pressure to attain that could then become a burden (and a bigger distraction than it probably already is). Much discussion has already been had about The Quest coming up just short at 599. In some ways, it almost seems fitting. But looking at the schedule, I think UNH ends up at .500 and so long as not too many ties make up those numbers, I think we'll be celebrating the NRN on February 3rd at The Whitt. But that's a long way away still ...

Predictions:

Friday: @ UMass Lowell 5 UNH 2
                    Saturday: @ UNH 4 UMass Lowell 1

FIRST CUPCAKES ON THE SHELF: 10/13/17 & 10/14/17 vs. Colgate

2018/2019 (AND BEYOND) RECRUITING UPDATE: No decommits this week, at least 'til we get some clarity on why the Japanese kid isn't listed on the roster, but was spotted hanging around The Whitt last Sunday afternoon ...
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

So, there it is, prediction by Chuck of NRN at the Whitt on February 3rd 2018 against UMassywassy.

I am thinking somewhere away in first game of the MBPBEGAM round.

Anyone else?

Comment

And just like that, the Stafford lot parking fee is no more per the email STH's received today. That lot and the front of A lot will still require your season ticket ID card but you will no longer have the STH privilege of paying to park somewhere...

Is someone in administration actually listening to their fans or something?

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                          And just like that, the Stafford lot parking fee is no more per the email STH's received today. That lot and the front of A lot will still require your season ticket ID card but you will no longer have the STH privilege of paying to park somewhere...

Is someone in administration actually listening to their fans or something?
                          hee hee....sweet. Read in the email from UNH Athletics that Charlie K will play alongside McNick and Salvaggio while the top D pair will be Marks/Gildon against UML. Grasso's name wasn't mentioned maybe he is still out.
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-05-2017, 03:42 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            hee hee....sweet. Read in the email from UNH Athletics that Charlie K will play alongside McNick and Salvaggio while the top D pair will be Marks/Gildon against UML. Grasso's name wasn't mentioned maybe he is still out.
                            Cool. When was the last time that a freshman began the season on the first line?

Comment

Cool. When was the last time that a freshman began the season on the first line?
                              Is this one of your totally awesome trivia q's? Coz I have no idea! Looking forward to the trek to the Tsongas tomorrow night. May as well bring it on...

HR's Predicts for the weekend:

Friday: UML 3 UNH 1
                              Saturday: UML 2 UNH 1*

Go 'Cats!

*Although a split might be a possibility if we can find our offense...
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-05-2017, 07:41 PM.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Tyler Kelleher started at right wing on the first line with Grayson Downing at center and Kevin Goumas at left wing on October 11, 2013. 4-1 win over Clarkson at the IceBreaker, Mariucci Arena:

http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/laun...&startschool=&

http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/bo...p?mclkunh1.o11
                                Last edited by C-H-C; 10-05-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X