Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Trying to make a comprehensive list of players who decommitted, transfered, went to the CHL (or Europe, like Jordy Murray), or otherwise left without signing a pro contract, starting at the beginning of the eaves era.

Especially with TG’s recent purges, it’ll be a long list.

Any help coming up with names will be great.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9Uypm4FIAQuLj8
    Chris Hickey, Zach Bearson, Tom Sawatske, Tyler Lapic and Morgan Zulinick might make your list.

Comment

Couple more not on your list yet EODS:

Jeff Slinde - Fr. - Did not play after

Tom Bardis - So. - Madison Muskies

Mitch Thompson Jr. -St. Johns U

Spencer Bell Fr. - Did not play after

Kohen Olischefski -decommitted - at DU

Jack Becker- decommitted- at MI
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        I agree with the high school vs junior comparison, BUT....you didn't agree with me when I mentioned an NAHL player is just that, and not in the USHL for a reason.

It's a talent thing.

No Ian's Pizza for you, bro!
        No, it's not just a talent thing. While the leagues certainly aren't as good, there are good players playing NAHL and good players playing High School for reasons other than just talent. Mittlestadt was on the USA HS All American team one year ago. Obviously he's now in the NHL.

Luke Lamaster joined the NAHL Jets, even though the Chicago Steel own his USHL rights. Steel is pretty set with all D-1 Committed or draft prospect D that played all year. Lamaster might not be a fit walking into the playoffs from high school right now with them. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Some more early departures/cuts/ etc. from the roster in Eaves first couple of years:

Chris Julka - Jr. - DNP after

Jeff Yureco - Jr. DNP after (was a transfer in from UND)

Brent Gibson - So. - U of Calgary

Alex Leavitt - So. - Swift Current Broncos WHL (wouldn't fight Eaves)

Jake Heisler - Jr. - DNP after

Joe Campbell- So. - to UW Superior (Calgary Draft pick)

Joe Simon- Jr. - DNP after

Tom Sawatske- So. - to Notre Dame

Ken Rowe - So. - to Army

Luke Kohtala - Jr. - (earned degree in 3 years)

Joe Simon - Jr. - DNP after
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Added. It’s remarkable how many players leave.

If anyone wants to be conscripted to help fill in the details, I can share edit permissions on it.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Spencer Bell went to UW to be a student and got invited to practice with the team(I think UW was short-handed at the time for some reason?). He went back to being a student after that one year and ended up graduating from UW. I believe he's in the Air Force now.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

New NHL Central Scouting Rankings are out!
                NHL Link with rankings and movement
                College Hockey Inc Article
                College Hockey Inc list - you can sort by team
                For Wisconsin there are:
                18 - Sampo Ranta (up from 23)
                23 - K'Andre Miller (up from 31)
                26 - Daniel Lebedeff (up from NR)
                42 - Ty Emberson (up from 57)
                87 - Jack Gorniak (down from 56)
                149 - Cole Krygier (down from 148)
                216 - Christian Krygier (down from 159)

Comment

So you could bring in six drafted players, potentially four defensemen and two first rounders? Then the next year potentially two top ten picks? Welcome back I guess.

Comment

Here’s hoping, Bonin

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Lebby is on the list now??

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        So you could bring in six drafted players, potentially four defensemen and two first rounders? Then the next year potentially two top ten picks? Welcome back I guess.
                        Who is the other potential top 10 pick besides Cole Caufield? Turcotte?
                        Last edited by digitalbooya; 04-16-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I’d guess Turcotte.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                            Lebby is on the list now??
                            That's a good sign. Not rated to 26th, that's a meteoric rise.....
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              That's a good sign. Not rated to 26th, that's a meteoric rise.....
                              I assume that is the 26th NA goalie which means no chance of getting drafted?

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                                I assume that is the 26th NA goalie which means no chance of getting drafted?
                                you are correct. I didn't see he had the link and didn't know goalies have their own rating.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X