• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tgers/2398487/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenh.../#65bea19a2075

Lee can be reached mcelrl@rpi.edu
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
      I know his linemate Kevin Charyszyn would love to play with him but I don't think there is room at Clarkson. If I had to guess he will wait a bit and see who ends up in the coaching slot at UNO, he is from Boise so it would be closer to home and he has had a hot 2nd half along with Charyszyn so there will be plenty of interest.
      If he commits to Clarkson and decommits, he will have the Tri-State League Trifecta.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
        I know his linemate Kevin Charyszyn would love to play with him but I don't think there is room at Clarkson. If I had to guess he will wait a bit and see who ends up in the coaching slot at UNO, he is from Boise so it would be closer to home and he has had a hot 2nd half along with Charyszyn so there will be plenty of interest.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
          Dave Smith is following one new person on Twitter: Bailey Conger.

Bailey Conger in recent days on Twitter has stopped following anything RPI related (he had been) and started to follow Hockey East and Seth Appert.

You can draw your own conclusions from this.
          most interesting
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
              Odd no official press release yet? Seems everyone knows
              Knows what?
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                All of a sudden, the thread goes from a lynch mob to a bunch of whiny wackos that found out Bernie Sanders didn't get the nomination. Are we next going to see "Not My Coach" in the signatures of a bunch of posters?! The coach has been decided. Hopefully everyone's through the five stages by the end of September so we can focus on the two words/abbreviations that unite us all: RPI Hockey.
                One of your best postings I can recall! But at my age I forget a lot of things.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  One of your best postings I can recall! But at my age I forget a lot of things.
                  Thanks. I've been slipping a bit, so I had to bring back some classic Flaggy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Thanks. I've been slipping a bit, so I had to bring back some classic Flaggy.
                    There's a classic Flaggy?
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      There's a classic Flaggy?
                      The one with only 13 stars.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          If Smith was the choice because he came cheapest, that calls into serious question the move to axe Appert, unless someone can illuminate me on what Smith brings to the table other than "not Appert."

And for you haters out there, I didn't have a problem with the move on its face, but the four years left on the contract were part of a gamble that didn't pay off. Is this doubling down on bad gambles?
                          My fear is that Smith is the only one who would take the job.

Comment

They should have paid RPI as we gave them a chance to claim hockey placement experience too..............

Comment

Would this be similar to what RPI will be paying Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
                                My fear is that Smith is the only one who would take the job.
                                I don't believe that at all. We are not the easiest school to coach for (hell, I could recruit for BC, BU or Minnesota), but we are far from the worst. There were times when Union, UM-L and MTU were considered dead-end jobs. They were all in this years' tournament.
                                Last edited by rpi82; 04-05-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X