X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    A lessening of academic requirements, a new barn or significant improvements, travel budget an AD that knows about Hockey etc etc etc.
    was told by the coaches that most players are encouraged to enroll in communications. can't imagine that there's need to relax academics much more.....

Comment

I'm curious, how many alum posters on here even want a relaxation of the academic standards? Count me in the NO group. Very emphatically.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        I'm curious, how many alum posters on here even want a relaxation of the academic standards? Count me in the NO group. Very emphatically.
        Definitely agree.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by son-of-alumn View Post
          was told by the coaches that most players are encouraged to enroll in communications. can't imagine that there's need to relax academics much more.....
          IIRC, Oates did, but the great majority major in Business and Management.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A lessening of academic requirements, a new barn or significant improvements, travel budget an AD that knows about Hockey etc etc etc.
            ....and HFH not an issue at all. cornell? princeton? harvard? all would definitely like new facilities - but hasn't hurt performance/recruiting - HFH is ok, many worse facilities!

SA just never understood/cared/focused on east coast recruiting. totally ignored the players most likely to choose rpi.

Comment

I also do not want a relaxation of the academic standards.

Comment

Today is 20 March 2017. There are 195 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'll throw the hat I don't wear because my head's too big in there.

Comment

[QUOTE=son-of-alumn;6468448SA just never understood/cared/focused on east coast recruiting. Totally ignored the players most likely to choose rpi.[/QUOTE] Ryan Haggerty (Conn.), Nick Bailen (Buffalo Area), Drew Melanson (NJ).
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      I'm not an alum so my vote doesn't count. I think this a majority of alumni and this will be Barr's biggest obstacle.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I'm going to leave you all for a bit while I "run silent and run deep" (Ralph notice sub, ocean reference). Remind me next time to tell you guys why I think the Tute is more suited and should be playing in Atlantic Hockey. Also, Congrats to Jim Knowlton and AF on winning that league. Jimmy was/is a hockey guy through and through.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          Me too.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

this alum doesn't want, nor sees no need to lessen the standards. Need to remember 2 of the top NHL alumni from RPI were not only engineers, but graduated w/ high honors.

And as far as the HFH goes, the arena + atmosphere puts it in the top half of the league. Been to Colgate, Dartmouth, Harvard, Brown lately?
                            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I'm not an alum so my vote doesn't count. I think this a majority of alumni and this will be Barr's biggest obstacle.
                              The biggest obstacle to any new coach will be the following.
                              A program that doesn't win.
                              And the lack of players making it to the NHL.
                              Going back almost twenty years, we have had Matt Murley, Brad Tapper, Brian Pothier and Brandon Pirri play more than a hand full of games in the NHL.
                              Anyone with professional aspirations will want to go to a school that can get you a shot at the big time.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                IIRC, Oates did, but the great majority major in Business and Management.
                                This is treated like a joke for no good reason. Yeah, a lot of the team majors in Management. So what?
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X