This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

It's true. The heroin-addicted homeless person under the nearby overpass I think was muttering something about it. Or at least it made just about as much sense.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

WASHINGTON – The people’s representatives just keep getting richer, and doing so faster than the people represented.

The cumulative net worth of senators and House members jumped by one-fifth in the two years before the start of this Congress, outperforming the typical American’s improved fortunes as well as the solid performance of investment markets during that time.

The disparity becomes clear after examining the most recent financial disclosures of virtually every current lawmaker. The news is not likely to do them any good during a midterm campaign year when disapproval of Capitol Hill remains in record territory and sentiment remains strong that politicians in Washington are far too disconnected from the lives of their constituents.
      Surprise. Surprise.

http://www.startribune.com/super-ric...can/475297453/
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Give em props for trying but it won't happen.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...1Congressional

Democrats today introduced a long-promised resolution aimed at undoing the Federal Communications Commission's repeal of the net neutrality rules.

Spearheaded by Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.), the measure would reverse the FCC’s December decision to repeal the Obama-era regulations. It would do so via the Congressional Review Act, which allows Congress to nix agency rules, within 60 days of their publication in the Federal Register, by a simple majority vote.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Give em props for trying but it won't happen.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...1Congressional
          Not yet, but it's important have these things written and in the pipeline.

2021 will basically consist of undoing 2017-2020*. We need every single word of that work drafted, reviewed, spell-checked, and ready to go on the first day of the 117th Congress.

* If not 1980-2020.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The best people run for office on the GOP ticket.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/u...imes&smtyp=cur

LOGAN, W.Va. — The devastating explosion in the Upper Big Branch coal mine killed 29 men in 2010 and scarred West Virginia like few events in modern memory. Don Blankenship, the head of the mining company, went to prison over it.

Not many people would call that a springboard for a career in politics.

Yet when Mr. Blankenship emerged last year from his one-year sentence for conspiracy to violate mine safety laws, rather than express remorse or contrition over the tragedy, he announced a run for the United States Senate, in a state where coal has been as much a cultural identity as an economic one.

Comment

The best people run for office on the GOP ticket.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/u...imes&smtyp=cur
              Good lets hope he gets elected...then I dont have to worry about ever caring about that backwoods redneck state again. Then just let Darwin take the wheel!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

A Corrupt Republican Congressmen...Who Knew!?!?!?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Good lets hope he gets elected...then I dont have to worry about ever caring about that backwoods redneck state again. Then just let Darwin take the wheel!
                  He's the perfect POS for WV. He'll win.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Wow. Someone needs to go to jail. Nunes heads the committee that leaked it. It was probably him.

Comment

Wow. Someone needs to go to jail. Nunes heads the committee that leaked it. It was probably him.
                        If Dems retake the WH after 2020 elections, they really need to look into prosecuting some of these Putin/Trump loving Congressmen for treason and collusion. I'd start with Nunes and end with Paul Ryan. Actively using your position to thwart an investigation into an enemy attack on the US? I think that's earned Ryan a trip to the courthouse in leg irons.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          If Dems retake the WH after 2020 elections, they really need to look into prosecuting some of these Putin/Trump loving Congressmen for treason and collusion. I'd start with Nunes and end with Paul Ryan. Actively using your position to thwart an investigation into an enemy attack on the US? I think that's earned Ryan a trip to the courthouse in leg irons.
                          Agree. The Republicans skated on Iran-Contra and Cheney's crimes. These guys are a criminal organization and they will continue to be until there's accountability.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Agree. The Republicans skated on Iran-Contra and Cheney's crimes. These guys are a criminal organization and they will continue to be until there's accountability.
                            Need a new majority leader then because Pelosi is always the first to say no to impeachment and investigations.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Need a new majority leader then because Pelosi is always the first to say no to impeachment and investigations.
                              I don't see Pelosi going beyond her next term. If the Dems retake the House I'm sure they'll give her one last go around as Speaker but that would be it.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I don't see Pelosi going beyond her next term. If the Dems retake the House I'm sure they'll give her one last go around as Speaker but that would be it.
                                Thing is, she's a really good speaker. Nobody has been able to wrangle the Dems like her in a long, long time.

But she's what, 80?

I want to see fresh blood across the board.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X