Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The Court is gone because the DNC ran a lump of feces for president. Dump is so bad the lump of feces still nearly won.

But the Court is really gone because we haven't done what was necessary to end the plutocracy, now going on for 38 years -- that means run them out of the party and then run them out of politics completely by hammering money out of politics. We can either have gross inequality or democratic government; there is no way to have both.
    The Court is gone because Obama didn't have the balls to fight for it in the first place. It's his fault. Along with no public option. And now that the mandate is gone, what they call entitlements is not far behind.

Lump of Feces. Yep. And so was Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, and Kerry. Meanwhile Bush Sr. W, and Trump weren't feces. They were rock stars.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: Power of the SCOTUS IX: The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the SCOTUS nine that day

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      A federal appeals court upheld the verdict, concluding there was probable cause to believe that Lozman was violating or was about to violate a Florida law that makes it a second-degree misdemeanor to disturb a lawful assembly.
      So now you can be charged with a crime because you MIGHT commit one? What is this The Minority Report?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        The Court is gone because the DNC ran a lump of feces for president.
        Don't absolve McConnell and Grassley for their part in that heist. The voters may have ratified it a year later, but that seat should've been filled long before the election.

And for once, I agree with Scooby. Obama should've gone to the mats for that court seat. Letting McConnell dictate that process has all the earmarkings of a stereotypical 1980's limp-wristed Dem.

And I'll never understand why the Court as a singular issue brings out GOP voters but not Dems.
        Last edited by unofan; 02-27-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Don't absolve McConnell and Grassley for their part in that heist. The voters may have ratified it a year later, but that seat should've been filled long before the election.

And for once, I agree with Scooby. Obama should've gone to the mats for that court seat. Letting McConnell dictate that process has all the earmarkings of a stereotypical 1980's limp-wristed Dem.

And I'll never understand why the Court as a singular issue brings out GOP voters but not Dems.
          I have sympathy with your position but what could Obama have done?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He needed to speak out about it more. He needed to rile up the base about it. He needed to start campaigning on it immediately. He was pretty hush about it after it was stolen. He had the bully pulpit. Use it.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Nominated him and when they stalled nominate someone else and when they stall nominate more. Then every day rake them over the coals in the Press. Obama was way too nice.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Nominated him and when they stalled nominate someone else and when they stall nominate more. Then every day rake them over the coals in the Press. Obama was way too nice.
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  He needed to speak out about it more. He needed to rile up the base about it. He needed to start campaigning on it immediately. He was pretty hush about it after it was stolen. He had the bully pulpit. Use it.
                  Bingo!

What would a GOPer do if the Dems pulled that move? They would have spent every PC talking about it, they would have had everyone up for office talking about it, they would have made sure it was on the voters minds. Obama basically shook his head at their stupidity and crossed his fingers people would care and vote. They didnt.

The Party failed and he failed as the head of the Party.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Because too many Sanders voters bought the notion that somehow there was no difference between the candidates so apparently Trump would have nominated a liberal or Hillary would have nominated Gorsuch. I know we keep hearing that pot isn't bad for us, but logic like this makes me wonder....

Every time the court rules in favor of plutocrats and corporations, I want all those Bernouts who voted Trump or stayed home to give themselves a pat on the back. You made this happen.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Because too many Sanders voters bought the notion that somehow there was no difference between the candidates so apparently Trump would have nominated a liberal or Hillary would have nominated Gorsuch. I know we keep hearing that pot isn't bad for us, but logic like this makes me wonder....

Every time the court rules in favor of plutocrats and corporations, I want all those Bernouts who voted Trump or stayed home to give themselves a pat on the back. You made this happen.
                      Yeah, that ****es me off. Democrats when running against other Democrats always say the parties are the same and eat their own young by doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        It doesn't matter how many times you blat this. It's false. Your product sucked. Sell something that doesn't suck.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Dems react to the Court on social issues only and probably needed an economic version of abortion to die on the wall like R's.

Of course, give Trump 8 years and they might finally pay attention to the ashes of our nation.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            In order of how much trouble he wanted to cause:

Bully pulpit, hammer it, rile up the base. Instead he took the high ground and got no where with it.

Recess appointment on January 3, 2017, when the new Congressional session began. Force the GOP to kick Garland out.

Claim that by not acting, the Senate has given its consent to Garland. Put him on the Court anyway.

Comment

It shouldnt have mattered if it sucked Kep...most medicines suck but better to take them than to just cross your fingers and pray. The Bernie Wing (of which I was a part of) proved the right point at the wrong time and while Rover is over the top about it the truth is if they vote in the swing states she wins.

The Dems forgot the cardinal rule...you stay center to win and go left after in office. The Bernie Bros wanted the agenda to be uber Progressive because they knew they were on the right side of history on the issues. The problem is not everyone is there yet and they screwed us all with their "Anyone but Hillary" rhetoric.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In order of how much trouble he wanted to cause:

Bully pulpit, hammer it, rile up the base. Instead he took the high ground and got no where with it.

Recess appointment on January 3, 2017, when the new Congressional session began. Force the GOP to kick Garland out.

Claim that by not acting, the Senate has given its consent to Garland. Put him on the Court anyway.
                                Obama was a good man who cared more about process than partisan advantage. It was unfortunate that he happened to come along when the GOP was a terror cell. But I'm still glad to have had one president in my lifetime who I respect.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X