X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Not so fast my friend, I haven't been interviewed yet. Got a fresh haircut tonight and gonna put my best suit and tie on. MRGA (Make RPI Great Again)
    How are your ties to hockey players in Russia?

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      I'm surprised Riga is interested. After the game at the Q the local radio team interviewed one of the assistants, and I'm virtually certain it was Riga, and he was very dismissive of our team and program. He talked about how they played against teams like RPI that they should beat and even questioned whether our team wanted to play against the Bobcats. Unless he thinks Appert was completely incompetent, I'm not sure why he'd want to step into that program.
      If he cares enough to even discuss our play, maybe he has a halfway decent idea of what to do to fix it. And given he wants to put his money where his mouth is by interviewing, I'd say that's worth a fair look.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        George Roll's history as head coach http://www.uscho.com/stats/coach/mid,130/george-roll/
        Why did his name even come up? He has had only one winning season since 2008. Not what I have in mind for our program.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Can we say George Roll everybody?
          Roll had some success at Oswego. Gosek has had wild success at Oswego. They're different people.

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Why did his name even come up? He has had only one winning season since 2008. Not what I have in mind for our program.
          Because Gosek replaced Roll, who left to take over an ECAC team. Roll actually had some modicum of success at Clarkson, but then hit a rough patch and wasn't allotted time to work out of it. Now he's at a school with zero resources.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I posted the DIII coaching records of Ed Gosek and Ron Fogarty because it has been reported that one is a candidate for our open position and the other made the transition from DIII to Princeton. I mentioned George Roll's name in the thread because he, too, coached at Oswego before coaching at Clarkson. He's a comparison, not a candidate.
            Last edited by fr. joe; 03-29-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I thought the original poster was trying to give a reason as to why we shouldn't look at D-III. Which would be a grave mistake, because if we want head coaching results in what we look for, why shouldn't we take into account D-III, especially given recruiting challenges?

Comment

someone brought him up in reference to a current candidate. Mind you, Roll, like him or not, performed better in the ECAC than Appert in every measurable performance statistic.
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  someone brought him up in reference to a current candidate. Mind you, Roll, like him or not, performed better in the ECAC than Appert in every measurable performance statistic.
                  The horse is dead. Move on.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I'm not the guy holding a candle over his grave.
                    Class of '93

Comment

I'm not the guy holding a candle over his grave.
                      I re-read the article that Appert's no longer the coach. I re-read the list realet posted of the four finalists, on which Roll was not listed. Why are we concerned about either of them? I'd prefer not to quote Kevin O'Leary if I don't have to...

Comment

FWIW, I'm pretty sure I saw Gosek play w/ Oswego at RPI, and he stood out like a sore thumb. Was way above a D-3 talent on the ice.
                        Last edited by ServinisScores; 03-29-2017, 10:05 AM. Reason: grammah
                        Class of '93

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          Mark Jooris should be the next RPI Coach.
                          I could get behind this. Wonder why he's not in the final 4, if you believe the news...
                          Class of '93

Comment

I could get behind this. Wonder why he's not in the final 4, if you believe the news...
                            Maybe he didn't apply for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
                              Maybe he didn't apply for the job.
                              That would explain it.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Meanwhile here's one that got away . . .

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...e-Year-Jim.php
                                Last edited by DeepRed72; 03-29-2017, 01:08 PM.
                                "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Working...
                                X