This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Abortion at the top of the Federal agenda now that Republicans are back in power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Never ceases to amaze. It's not what gets them elected but it's what they'll spend all their time on.
    I disagree. We're it not for a clear stance on abortion they'd win far less often.

Comment

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I disagree. We're it not for a clear stance on abortion they'd win far less often.
      It gets them their ~40% perhaps. The number one thing that gets the elected though is the stupidity of the liberal base.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

From the video's claims:

323,999 abortions is 3% of services.
        887 per day
        37 per hour
        1 per 97 seconds
        That tells me they are using a calendar year (365 days), not a "business" year (52 5-day weeks, 260 days) in their claims calculations. (323999/887 = ~365)
        Math says they're also using a 24 hour day, not a work day. (It is left to the reader ... )

OK, that means 1,0799,966 services (323999/0.03).

Using the 365 days, that's 29589 services per day.
        Wikipedia says they have "more than 700 centers in the US".
        Using 700, each center (on average) does 42 services per day.

My observation is that those had better be high dollar services because cause at just 42 services per day (administering a pregnancy or STD tests, those aren't "high dollar", profitable services) you're not going to keep the doors of a staffed clinic open very long.

If it were some other business like an oil change place (sorry, terrible, but I need some analogy) that's not a high dollar (profitable) service so that's why they are up-selling air filters and transmission flushes and tires to you all the time.

So what high profit service does Planned Parenthood offer that might be something they'd try to up-sell?
        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-27-2017, 11:19 AM.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
          Excuse me if I missed this, but how does banning abortion increase the number of abortions? Please provide a link to the facts and the studies that have been done to prove your point.
          I notice you disappeared after I proved you wrong.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I post this here as an FYI.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...origins-107133
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              So what high profit service does Planned Parenthood offer that might be something they'd try to up-sell?
              Well they're a non-profit and this is all the more reason to allow federal subsidies to them, so they don't have to go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                Well they're a non-profit and this is all the more reason to allow federal subsidies to them, so they don't have to go that route.
                "Non-profit": A corporation or an association that conducts business for the benefit of the general public without shareholders and without a profit motive.
                Nonprofit corporations differ from profit-driven corporations in several respects. The most basic difference is that nonprofit corporations cannot operate for profit. That is, they cannot distribute corporate income to shareholders. The funds acquired by nonprofit corporations must stay within the corporate accounts to pay for reasonable salaries, expenses, and the activities of the corporation.
                The quote was shamelessly stolen from a legal definition site.

Now, to the portion I bolded: Fourty-two pregnancy tests a day won't keep the lights on or pay salaries. They must be doing something else. Subsidies, higher dollar procedures, etc.

I think Kep's "John Galt" solution is better in that PP would not be beholden to government subsidies and the political whims that come with.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  The quote was shamelessly stolen from a legal definition site.

Now, to the portion I bolded: Fourty-two pregnancy tests a day won't keep the lights on or pay salaries. They must be doing something else. Subsidies, higher dollar procedures, etc.

I think Kep's "John Galt" solution is better in that PP would not be beholden to government subsidies and the political whims that come with.
                  So you never answered my question. How'd charity work out for African Americans for the first two hundred years of this country?

It's all fine and dandy to say "we'll each protect our own," but that presumes you already have the resources to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    So you never answered my question. How'd charity work out for African Americans for the first two hundred years of this country?

It's all fine and dandy to say "we'll each protect our own," but that presumes you already have the resources to do that.
                    I'll defer the answer to the man of the "John Galt" theory from this week.

Kep, you're on.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Kep, you're on.
                      Oh come on, Mr libertarian. You clearly like Kep's idea and have your own thoughts about it since you keep bringing it up, how about you answer a tough question for once.

Comment

We wouldn't be implementing this 200 years ago. We'd be implementing it today.

There are many more charitable folks in the world today. Don't believe me? You do have a mirror, don't you?
                        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-27-2017, 05:14 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

From across the Pond

http://allequal.org.uk/lord-shinkwin...mmittee-stage/
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Kep, you're on.
                            My concept is simplicity itself.

We'll make the revenue available by starving the ape economy. "One less cufflink!" One less extra gadget bought, one more family saved. Meanwhile we keep working in the regular political sphere and, unencumbered by the distractions of the culture wars, we appeal to pure and simple redistribution, and win Huge.

The 1% loses. The neocons lose. The fascists lose. The Bigots and the Thumpers are welcome to each do the same thing -- create parallel White Power and Christian Sharia States. I'm sure they'll have no problem getting quality teachers all the way up to 4th grade. The middle class wins big. Science wins big. The part of the working class that wants to work with us wins. The rest can crawl off and die with the feudal lords and the ape economy.

No more Mr. Nice Guy.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The US Military has 20 remaining stealth bombers that cost more than $1b each and have been used in combat a total of 5 times. Then we have the F-35 cluster******, and the cost of replacing their aging B-52 and B-1 bombers. But we can't have planned parenthood, PBS, proper VA facilities for returning veterans...

I'm all for a strong military conservatives need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                The US Military has 20 remaining stealth bombers that cost more than $1b each and have been used in combat a total of 5 times. Then we have the F-35 cluster******, and the cost of replacing their aging B-52 and B-1 bombers. But we can't have planned parenthood, PBS, proper VA facilities for returning veterans...

I'm all for a strong military conservatives need to pull their heads out of their asses.
                                The F-35 may be on shaky ground.

As a counterargument, the Army Air Corps thought the B-17 was too expensive when it first came out.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X