Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    It's an intrasquad scrimmage the same way the purple and gold game was just not as official I believe.
    Dang! Wish EC had an SID or AD that would at least ~attempt~ to get out the information. In fact, we didn't receive season ticket packages until ~after~ the required due date for tickets to be mailed. Way to start the season on a highnote!

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
      Dang! Wish EC had an SID or AD that would at least ~attempt~ to get out the information. In fact, we didn't receive season ticket packages until ~after~ the required due date for tickets to be mailed. Way to start the season on a highnote!
      I'm not trying to point fingers or blame anyone but I believe that season ticket packages etc are handled entirely through the booster club.

Although I'll admit, the Elmira website could really use a significant upgrade and a better pipeline of communication between the school/athletic department/booster club/hockey program and local fans.

They have a done a better job getting the word out to students but IMHO the information to the public and the large majority of the fanbase consisting of the locals has slowly been deterioating over the last 10 years.

My parents had been going to games since the early 90's and they stopped going March 2009. They haven't set foot in the MAC since for a variety of reasons.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Prez,

Why don't they go to the games anymore? I am a new member of the EC Booster Club Board and am curious. It would be nice to bring in more fans and not scare away existing ones.

Email is shawn.m.benedict@gmail.com.
        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Sent.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Although I'll admit, the Elmira website could really use a significant upgrade and a better pipeline of communication between the school/athletic department/booster club/hockey program and local fans.
            A new AD would be an obvious step in the right direction...
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I'm not trying to point fingers or blame anyone but I believe that season ticket packages etc are handled entirely through the booster club.
              The Booster Club mails them, but the information definitely originates with the college. No one in their right mind would send out correspondence in purple ink.

Comment

In today's Elmira Star Gazette: click me

here comes the boss!

Comment

Saw this looking up info on the Geneseo vs. Neumann game tonight.

ECAC West Pre-season poll

http://www.neumannathletics.com/news...022100159.aspx

I'm surprised A) Neumann is on top B) Elmira was voted 3rd by all 5 coaches (if my math is correct)

Neither of those reflect the feelings of the board posters who posted pre-season polls. Thoughts?
                  Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Got to think that EC being third has to do with questions about their goalies

Comment

Interesting philosophy playing a rivalry home & home on the very first weekend without any type of exhibition. Anyone privy to the reason why EC jumped directly into the fray without any type of tune-up game? OSU scheduled the sisters of the blind, while returning most of their squad intact!?

Comment

Interesting philosophy playing a rivalry home & home on the very first weekend without any type of exhibition. Anyone privy to the reason why EC jumped directly into the fray without any type of tune-up game? OSU scheduled the sisters of the blind, while returning most of their squad intact!?
                        Oz lost the top scorer Selleck with the Amerks , the top 2 goal scorers, the top defensman, and starting goalie........not really intact.......all teams have to reload, and Elmira could schedule an exhibition game if it likes to, even its against a retirement home. Bottom line 2 great teams and it lets both coaches know whats what right at the beginning ..........both teams are in a good place for sure........ps those sisters can get mean at times, at least once a month ;-)

Comment

anyone know what happened to Shane Talarico? He was a goalie from the Phila Revolution. His teammate Joe Gagne made the team.

Looks like a strong roster. Im amazed how hard it is to make a NCAA team now. These are some serious hockey players

Comment

:You'll have to enlighten me, I attended the very first EC hockey game, and have no clue what a Coupe de Grille is.
                            Its an inter squad scrimmage before final cuts. Where the name came from I dont know. . Also comes with dragging rights, I remember Kalweit and Cowan talking trash about their days.
                            As a former played it holds a special place for me because it was the first time I put a EC jersey on. Will never forget that.
                            Was also the first time I heard the fans stomping on the ground which thundered down to the lockerroom. During games my arm hairs would stand up when I heard that. Amazing

My parents had been going to games since the early 90's and they stopped going March 2009. They haven't set foot in the MAC since for a variety of reasons.
                            you could probably help me find my booster family

Originally posted by jim32 View Post
                            In today's Elmira Star Gazette: click me
                            Cool pic!

*****http://i195.***********.com/albums/z251/Johnny_Ballgame/Saul.jpg******
                            Last edited by ballgame; 10-26-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                              anyone know what happened to Shane Talarico? He was a goalie from the Phila Revolution.
                              He played in The Coupe de Grille...

here comes the boss!

Comment

Re: Opinions are like...

Pitiful crowd - Only ~500 - It's a shame

Lines were juggled tonight with a bit different result:
                                - Sanders was on the Vallaincort - Willer line (Mo'ville couldn't skate with these three)
                                - Consorti - Archambault - Acorn (really fun to watch)
                                - Morikawa - Strale - Hoey (created havoc all night)
                                - Willard joined the Shrank - Herold line (no identity yet)

Mo'ville evidently didn't get off the bus, and EC scored twice in the first 80 seconds, after which Mo'ville called its timeout. Didn't improve much for the Mustangs from then on. Mo'ville was absolutely confused in their defensive end, and continually lost track of skaters resulting in open shot after open shot. Relkoff was pulled after 4 or 5 goals, none on which he had a prayer. Mustangs only have two lines that can play.

MacDonald was in goal, didn't have to make many tough saves, but still didn't look comfortable. 2nd allowed goal was as soft as a Utica pretzel. Game got a bit chippy toward the end, and Matt Salmon got DQ'ed for throwing a punch. Funny thing was, the poor kid had to swing 6 times before connecting. Advice ... If you're going to fight, at least take a couple of lessons ... punk.

Comment

Working...
                                X