Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Is that the Russel/Hawn movie?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Is that the Russel/Hawn movie?
      Yes, it is.

It's terrible.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Man overboard is kissing woman overboard!

If you are saying Overboard is a bad movie then you sir have just made my list! That movie rocks!
        It's not even horribly awesome. It's just bad. Like, Bird On A Wire bad. Hey, notice a trend?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I can recite Top Gun from beginning to end. Watched that movie a LOT as a kid. Haven't seen it in probably 15 years.

Sometimes my work requires some serious digging through archives of an old contract. When I have been searching for a while and can feel I'm getting close to finding what I need I've been known to whisper "Talk to me Goose."
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            I can recite Top Gun from beginning to end. Watched that movie a LOT as a kid. Haven't seen it in probably 15 years.

Sometimes my work requires some serious digging through archives of an old contract. When I have been searching for a while and can feel I'm getting close to finding what I need I've been known to whisper "Talk to me Goose."
            I can quote BASEketball for *s sake, there's no reason for anyone to remember "I thought we agreed no more Journey psyche outs?"
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

"Are you using the whole fist, Doc?"

"What kind of name is Poon?"
              "Comanche Indian"

"Right. Now, how long have you had these pains, Mr. Barber?"
              "No, that's "Babar"
              "Two B's?"
              "One B. B-A-B-A-R."
              "That's two"
              "Yeah, but not right next to each other. I thought that's what you meant"
              "Isn't there a children's book about an elephant named Babar?"
              "I don't know. I don't have any"
              "No children?"
              "No elephant books"

"I'm sorry who are you again?"
              "I'm Frieda's boss"
              "Who's Frieda?"
              "My secretary"

"John who?"
              "John coc- tos - ton"
              "That's a beautiful name"

"Do you own a pair of rubber gloves, Mr Nugent?"
              "I rent 'em. I have a lease with an option to buy"

"Does this proposition entail my dressing up as Little Bo Peep?"

"Yeah, but I mean the very end, when he actually died. That was extremely sudden."

"I see and what do you do for a living Mr. Fletch?"
              "I'm a shepherd"

"Ever seen a spleen that large?"
              "Not since breakfast"

"Can I borrow a towel my car hit a water buffalo"

"Come on guys it's so simple. It's all ball bearings now days!"

"I'll have the steak sandwich, and the steak sandwich"

"Mooon riiiver"

"He draws the foul"

"Fletch is actually six-five, with the afro six-nine..."

"You pull over, I already pulled over"

"I'm afraid I'll have to call the mattress police, these mattresses don't have any tags"

"Love your body Larry"

"Why don't you guys go out and pump yourselves?"

I have a group of friends with which these and others will inevitably get uttered during any gathering.
              Last edited by Slap Shot; 05-18-2017, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                It's not even horribly awesome. It's just bad. Like, Bird On A Wire bad. Hey, notice a trend?
                Yeah that you have zero taste in movies
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  I can recite Top Gun from beginning to end. Watched that movie a LOT as a kid.
                  I spent the summer of either 83 or 84 living at a frat house on North Campus while cramming Latin and EE courses into accelerated summer sessions. Every morning for two months we would have breakfast at 5 am in their giant kitchen, and ever morning Rocky 3 would be on the TV (HBO.. we own the rights for 8 more days, PLAY IT!!!). Every line, every pause, every music cue from that movie is burned forever into my memory. As age robs me of names, words and memories, Clubber Lang continues as gleaming alabaster. The last thing I recall on my death bed will probably be this.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2017, 07:41 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    I can quote BASEketball for *s sake, there's no reason for anyone to remember "I thought we agreed no more Journey psyche outs?"
                    "But if you pick on me 13 or 14 more times, I'm out of here."
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      "But if you pick on me 13 or 14 more times, I'm out of here."
                      "Even if some guy's trying to blackmail you..."
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Oklahoma City

The sister piece to PBS' Ruby Ridge documentary. Equally as good, and shows how all the pieces came together. Definitely worth a watch.

Comment

Oklahoma City

The sister piece to PBS' Ruby Ridge documentary. Equally as good, and shows how all the pieces came together. Definitely worth a watch.
                          Should I watch both before I go to OKC for work in a few weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Should I watch both before I go to OKC for work in a few weeks?
                            Nah. The OKC is a direct result of the Ruby Ridge incident. If one were to watch both, watch Ruby Ridge first.

Comment

Nah. The OKC is a direct result of the Ruby Ridge incident. If one were to watch both, watch Ruby Ridge first.
                              Well, yes, that's a given...I guess we're both in agreement.

I get it...you're saying OKC doesn't happen without Ruby Ridge & Waco. I tend to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Well, yes, that's a given...I guess we're both in agreement.

I get it...you're saying OKC doesn't happen without Ruby Ridge & Waco. I tend to agree.
                                OKC isn't exactly a center of danger, was the original point of the response. The Ruby/Waco thing was just added insurance.

Comment

Working...
                                X