X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I think we're all pretty much in agreement with you, it's purely speculative. A good story for getting some extra clicks.
    I would not have been nearly as agreeable until I read the contractZ he's not asking BGSU permission to talk to Mtu, but it was fund to discuss on our team and helps build our rivalry.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      You're right on. In Russell's final years, the team got crushed by injuries to its best players. The program was also not even as close to being funded at the level it is now, especially in the recruiting department. Ask Jamie or Sert or Bob or Herb or Watters where their recruiting expenditures stood in the league.
      I agree with many of the things said but the mindset was very different. Highly defensive style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
        I spoke with people with ties to the program under Jamie.
        They said he really wasn't a player's coach.
        That changed when Mel took over. He had more of an open door policy. Hopefully the administration takes that into account with the new coaching search. The lines of communication must be kept open with the players.
        That actually surprises me, the way he was with fans and everything he seemed very personable and to me seemed like he would have been a players coach, but that just goes to show how much I know, lol.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
          That actually surprises me, the way he was with fans and everything he seemed very personable and to me seemed like he would have been a players coach, but that just goes to show how much I know, lol.
          There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes of a program that the fans never know about. Don't forget, the AD hears things directly from the players and their parents as well, especially when things are going poorly.

Comment

Any news out of Houghton, who has applied, who has not, who has interviewed, with the paint store down, not enough info to satisfy the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              Any news out of Houghton, who has applied, who has not, who has interviewed, with the paint store down, not enough info to satisfy the fans.
              As we tweeted out, we know Muckalt made the trek to Houghton...it's assumed he interviewed and it is also known that Shuchuk interviewed. I know one other person that interviewed but I'm trying to get a 2nd source before publishing. I also know how many interviews are suppose to happen in this round but again, only one source thus far...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                As we tweeted out, we know Muckalt made the trek to Houghton...it's assumed he interviewed and it is also known that Shuchuk interviewed. I know one other person that interviewed but I'm trying to get a 2nd source before publishing. I also know how many interviews are suppose to happen in this round but again, only one source thus far...
                Sorry, been reading the guide, but not the guide's Twitter page. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Sorry, been reading the guide, but not the guide's Twitter page. Thanks!
                  No worries, we plan on discussing that Monday and are hoping for more news by then...

Comment

Re: Barr

Agree with THG, it's highly suspect that he's been in the running for at least 3 head coaching gigs in the last 2 years, and failed to land any of them, especially the opening at his alma mater where he was considered the "slam dunk" candidate by a lot of fans and program alumni. As a prospective head coach, your resume/pedigree is well known by the time they bring you in for an interview. What you really have to do is lay out your "5-Year Plan", and convince the committee as to how your experience will help achieve it. Barr may very well be an excellent recruiter, but what is his pitch for developing those recruits into a championship team? If you can't connect those dots, then you're just another Watters or Russell, IMHO.

Re: Larson

I wasn't very big on him at first, but the THG article makes the case pretty well. He has the requisite recruiting network, and I like the idea of further expanding our recruiting in Minnesota. I also don't think Sandy's retirement will be an issue for several years. However, Larson's stint as a USHL head was not exactly brag-worthy, and tOSU was mediocre while he was an assistant there. I also question his ability to recruit in Michigan, which has churned out some very nice talent for us during Mel's tenure.

Comment

This is the last call for MTU authentic jersey orders. We will be ordering Cream and Gold jerseys on May 15, if you have previously contacted me but are being a deadbeat, time to get your act together or I'm ordering without you. If you've never contacted me, there is still time to get in. If you happen to be a student or very recent grad and want one, but money is tight, contact me and I'm sure we can work something out. You can email me through this site but don't wait if you want to get in on this...

Comment

So Shawhan has also interviewed, per THG.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          This is the last call for MTU authentic jersey orders. We will be ordering Cream and Gold jerseys on May 15, if you have previously contacted me but are being a deadbeat, time to get your act together or I'm ordering without you. If you've never contacted me, there is still time to get in. If you happen to be a student or very recent grad and want one, but money is tight, contact me and I'm sure we can work something out. You can email me through this site but don't wait if you want to get in on this...
                          I have a cream and a gold. Can vouch for the quality. These are incredible jerseys.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So Shawhan has also interviewed, per THG.
                            This is so much fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              This is so much fun...
                              I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here?

Comment

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here?
                                A little of both, it's been a blast mining sources, but it's also been a huge drain trying to keep up with everything and get content out while managing the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X