Colgate 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2017-2018

Last Weekend of Regular Season: ’Gate ( 27-4-1 ) #3/4 National Polls, #1-tied ECAC, #4 PWR @ Rensselaer 2/16 & @ Union 2/17

A SWEEP results in:

Colgate sharing the 2017-18 ECAC WIH REGULAR SEASON CO-CHAMPIONSHIP

29-4-1....

. ....And a slew of Colgate Records smashed

ECAC QUARTERFINALS 2/23-24-25 Princeton or Harvard @ Colgate ?
    Last edited by Raider Archivist; 02-15-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

.@ECACHOCKEYMWD1 women's quarterfinals match-ups for next weekend.

No. 8 Yale at No. 1 Clarkson

No. 7 Harvard at No. 2 Colgate

No. 6 Princeton at No. 3 Cornell

No. 5 Quinnipiac at No. 4 St. Lawrence

Congrats to @CUknights & @ColgateWIH Co-Regular Season Champs!

Comment

Welcome back Livia, great job at the Olympics. Your Swiss team and specifically you and Nicole Gass '16 played great and made all of us at Colgate very proud.

NOW, on to the playoffs and a first round sweep of HARVARD...GO GATE. pedal to the metal

Comment

It's official--Semifinals

Saturday, March 3
          POTSDAM, N.Y. / CHEEL ARENA

No. 3 Cornell vs. No. 2 Colgate, 4 p.m.

No. 4 St. Lawrence at No. 1 Clarkson, 1 p.m.

Comment

The Cornell game: three scenarios/three “Program Turnaround” epitaphs

I'm selfish. I'd like to see 'Gate win the NCAA WIH championship. I'd like to continue to watch them every week. And, I'd like this team to cap this three year run and record breaking season with a fitting epitaph. Fortunately, even If this scenario doesn't materialize, 'Gate has positioned itself for an honorable consolation prize and a fitting epitaph.

There's a balance and a certain continuity provided by the interaction of teams' PWR rankings and performance during "championship weekend." There's quite a gap between the PWR rankings of the current top 8 teams and the rest of the 40 teams in Division I WIH. There are virtually no additional candidates for the NCAA tournament other than "autobid upsets" in the HE and CHA tournaments. The ECAC, with Clarkson, Colgate and Cornell, has a very good chance of sending all 3 teams to the NCAA tournament. The WCHA "possibilities," Ohio State and Minnesota have lower PWR's than all 3 ECAC teams.

According to BCinterruption.com: “ The selection show is Sunday at 9pm EST, and will be streamed online at NCAA.com."

I'm opting for #1 or #2 below:
            1. Beat Cornell, Beat Clarkson in Championship, get good seed and home ice in NCAA tournament
            2. Lose to Cornell, get mediocre seed and travel in the NCAA tournament
            3. Lose to Cornell, get poor seed and travel in the NCAA tournament

The NCAA field is relatively straightforward. As always, upsets of the anticipated autobids can cause a displacement of the lowest teams on this list. Otherwise, the PWR rankings of these 8 teams make it unlikely any other “surprises” will emerge in the top 8 on Sunday night. And we shouldn't be surprised if 'Gate is invited to the NCAA tournament regardless of how they do in the ECAC championship weekend.

( Autobids are temporalilly set here by regular season champions. )
            1) Wisconsin — WCHA Champion
            (2) Boston College — WHEA Champion
            (3) Clarkson — ECAC Champion
            (4) Colgate
            Cornell
            Ohio State
            Minnesota
            Robert Morris — CHA Champion

https://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-c ... colgate-bc

https://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-c ... ur-bracket
            Last edited by Raider Archivist; 03-01-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
              [B][SIZE=4].........
              I'm opting for #1 or #2 below:
              1. Beat Cornell, Beat Clarkson in Championship, get good seed and home ice in NCAA tournament
              2. Lose to Cornell, get mediocre seed and travel in the NCAA tournament
              3. Lose to Cornell, get poor seed and travel in the NCAA tournament

.........t
              No matter what the outcome of the games this weekend, Wisconsin, Clarkson, Colgate and BC CANNOT fall out of the top 4 in the pairwise and therefore THEY ARE GUARANTEED TO HOLD A FIRST ROUND NC$$ TOURNAMENT GAME. So your number 2 & 3 where Colgate loses to Cornell will not cause them to travel in the NC$$ Tourney Quarter Finals.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

"....They’ve helped establish Colgate as a program of renown on the national scene, and they’re changing the conversation in terms of recruiting...."

USCHO: This week in women’s D-I: Colgate continues to reach milestones

http://www.uscho.com/2018/03/07/this...ch-milestones/
                Last edited by Raider Archivist; 03-08-2018, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I'm curious if you can do a points per line tabulation, I'm curious about your scoring depth vs UW's.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I'm curious if you can do a points per line tabulation, I'm curious about your scoring depth vs UW's.
                    I don't know if you can extrapolate from any of the info on this page or any of the other statistics pages.

http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/cume...spx?path=whock

The list of the top 10 players ( on the page labeled "Individual" ) with at least 20 points ytd is often cited as highlighting the unusual breadth of 'Gate offense and scoring. These players are obviously spread around in more than 1 line. 2 of the 10 are D players.

I hope this helps
                    Last edited by Raider Archivist; 03-12-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Epic win over Wisconsin in the semis. Good luck to the Lady Raiders today as they face Clarkson.. Bring home the National Championship ladies! 🏒
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered (I didn't read through the whole thread), but I kept wondering about this at the game on Friday.

Is there some reason that a female Colgate coach holds a male coach's arm when she walks from the locker room to the bench? I thought maybe she had slippery shoes or a medical condition that made her unsteady, but she didn't hold it when she walked from the bench to the locker room. This occurred throughout the game (five entrances and exits.)

For whatever reason, I was fixated on this.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR View Post
                          I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered (I didn't read through the whole thread), but I kept wondering about this at the game on Friday.

Is there some reason that a female Colgate coach holds a male coach's arm when she walks from the locker room to the bench? I thought maybe she had slippery shoes or a medical condition that made her unsteady, but she didn't hold it when she walked from the bench to the locker room. This occurred throughout the game (five entrances and exits.)

For whatever reason, I was fixated on this.
                          It's pretty simple really. At the beginning of every period the ice is fresh clean and very slippery, so assistance crossing the ice is pretty smart. At the end of every period the ice is full of snow and not slippery so no assistance is needed. Not that big of a mystery.

Comment

Or she could wear different shoes, since this is recurrent issue.

Comment

Much to be proud of at Colgate this season!! I met Greg Fargo once when he was at Elmira and felt he was going to be a great D1 coach someday - it came far quicker then I expected. Congratulations to the coaches and girls!!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR View Post
                                Or she could wear different shoes, since this is recurrent issue.
                                Or she can continue to do whatever the heck she wants to.

Comment

Working...
                                X