Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.16 - If Never Forgotten, One Would ALWAYS Remember Something.

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Just hide under your desk right?
    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Two choices.
    Hide under desk and put your hands over your head (duck and cover)
    Get out to the corridor, lean against the wall with your hands over your head.
    The second one. I could sing a long too. Turned out my Dad was site admin for one of the overseas satellite monitoring sites watching the Russians (they decom'd it a few yrs ago. We never knew what he did)
    He always took that stuff very seriously
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Why let this thing go forward? I support free speech and all that, but certainly common sense should prevail. There was only going to be one result and it just further fans the flames. The globe is running a piece calling this a modern day Fort Sumter moment. It's all completely unnecessary.
    Confused. What is all unnecessary?
    Last edited by leswp1; 08-12-2017, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      The second one. I could sing a long too. Turned out my Dad was site admin for one of the overseas satellite monitoring sites watching the Russians (they decom'd it a few yrs ago. We never knew what he did)
      He always took that stuff very seriously
      Confused. What is all unnecessary?
      The whole sad event the last few days. It was planned way in advance. What exactly did the powers that be think would happen?
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

The whole sad event the last few days. It was planned way in advance. What exactly did the powers that be think would happen?
        What "powers that be"?

You claiming the government is organizing White Supremancy marches now?

I'd wager the white supremacists figured that what would happen would be something like this. Which is why they organized the march in the first place. You got a problem with that, then call out the ones responsible, and quit with this false equivalency mealy mouthed half-assed, "it's all so unnecessary" BS.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          What "powers that be"?

You claiming the government is organizing White Supremancy marches now?

I'd wager the white supremacists figured that what would happen would be something like this. Which is why they organized the march in the first place. You got a problem with that, then call out the ones responsible, and quit with this false equivalency mealy mouthed half-assed, "it's all so unnecessary" BS.
          It absolutely sickens me and shouldn't be allowed to happen. My point is why let them have the march or rally or whatever you call it? Charlottesville/Virginia should have told them to go **** themselves when they tried to organize the event. Allowing something like this to go forward does no one any good.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            Please tell me who on this site has called for that sort of violence. I know it exists in social media (one of the reasons I hate most social media) but I can't recall seeing anything like that here. If it did happen, we all need to put that poster on ignore and eliminate their ability to spread hate on at least one platform.
            No one has outright said protesters should be plowed over, but there have been folks (Brent in particular) who have previously expressed sympathy for drivers boxed-in by protesters who block roads when they do not have permission to shut them down.

It absolutely sickens me and shouldn't be allowed to happen. My point is why let them have the march or rally or whatever you call it? Charlottesville/Virginia should have told them to go **** themselves when they tried to organize the event. Allowing something like this to go forward does no one any good.
            I'm sure there were 1A lawsuit concerns had they denied the permits. The authorities would've had to prove there was a reasonable expectation of civil unrest and bodily harm to those involved, even with a strong police presence.

Comment

Meanwhile, Liz Warren fed the base some red meat today (no word on if it was sustainably-sourced, and/or grass-fed).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                No one has outright said protesters should be plowed over, but there have been folks (Brent in particular) who have previously expressed sympathy for drivers boxed-in by protesters who block roads when they do not have permission to shut them down.

I'm sure there were 1A lawsuit concerns had they denied the permits. The authorities would've had to prove there was a reasonable expectation of civil unrest and bodily harm to those involved, even with a strong police presence.
                I think people (including the authorities) got more uneasy about their permits when they started showing up with Nazi flags, baseball bats, body armor, and guns.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  Please tell me who on this site has called for that sort of violence. I know it exists in social media (one of the reasons I hate most social media) but I can't recall seeing anything like that here. If it did happen, we all need to put that poster on ignore and eliminate their ability to spread hate on at least one platform.
                  I can't remember offhand but it was said about the protests in minnesota.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 08-12-2017, 08:47 PM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

False equivalency. That phrase has been used on this site 100s, maybe 1000s of times in recent months. I think it is key to why we may never again see any true bipartisanship or dialogue among opposite sides. You see, I don't give a 5h!t what the right says, the right -- in the current landscape -- is the problem. There is no equivalency, false or otherwise.

Whatever factions have taken over the right, the conservatives, the republican party, that is where the blame should be squarely placed. This is no different that a schoolyard spat between a nice kid and a bully. We don't try to find and place equivalent blame there, because it usually doesn't exist. The bully who beats your kid up if he doesn't fork over his milk money is the problem. End of story.

But the left has been so weak-kneed and mealy mouthed since the Carter presidency that we've given in to this whole notion of the false equivalency. It's why CNN feels the need to have some republican climate change denier on when they give Bill Nye 3 minutes to talk about climate change. It's why NPR gives an equal platform to Newt Gingrich and lets him claim 98% of the Justice Department was in the Clinton campaign's pocket and doing their bidding. It's why anytime a story is reported that paints trump in a negative light, you can be sure there will be someone there to stick a microphone in some right wing mouthpiece's face and let him or her spew some bull5h!t about how there was violence and arrests at a Black Lives Matter rally too.

Politicians, in times of crisis, like to parrot the line about how "this is not the time for blame, this is the time for coming together and taking care of those in need" after some disaster. But then who is to blame always gets lost in the shuffle and then we forget to actually blame somebody. When 25 kids get massacred God forbid a politician should say "we need to do SOMETHING about keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill" because someone on the right will then say "this is not the time for us to talk about the politics." Byproducts of the "false equivalency" syndrome.

The right needs to grow the balls to stand up and take the blame. Take the blame for trump. Take the blame for Charlottesville. Take the blame for the horrible evils that have come from generations of policies that have grown the income divide to obscene proportions and for a law enforcement culture that has young black men fearing for their lives and some white cops literally killing at will. Take the blame for turning their backs on science and creating a culture of mistrust for education. These things are not the fault of the left and progressives.

Maybe if the right will admit their guilt, man up if you will, I can begin to think they are serious about wanting to come together and really find common ground and common sense solutions. Until then, I'm going to go on placing the blame squarely where it belongs. I am no longer going to even acknowledge or recognize another one of the right's false equivalencies. It shouldn't be too hard to figure thwm out. Anymore, that's all they've got.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Let's also not forget the gaping *******s here that thought the alt-right made some really good points(Wisko) and that they were funny like South Park(Sicatoka).
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        I think people (including the authorities) got more uneasy about their permits when they started showing up with Nazi flags, baseball bats, body armor, and guns.
                        No kidding. I think its safe to say a 1A lawsuit would have been preferable to what they got today.

Comment

One of the torchbearers was outed by classmates at U of Nevada. Member of the College Republicans, though apparently the Facebook page has been working on scrubbing any reference with him. We'll see if UN-Reno still wants him enrolled in a couple weeks.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Red Wings will pursue legal action over "Right Wings" use at rally.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              One of the torchbearers was outed by classmates at U of Nevada. Member of the College Republicans, though apparently the Facebook page has been working on scrubbing any reference with him. We'll see if UN-Reno still wants him enrolled in a couple weeks.
                              As despicable as it is, can a public university really do that for a person taking a political position publicly? If he wasn't breaking the law (haven't followed that closely, so I don't know), holding himself as representing the school, or violating some code of academic ethics, then his political actions should be entirely independent of his enrollment status.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                As despicable as it is, can a public university really do that for a person taking a political position publicly? If he wasn't breaking the law (haven't followed that closely, so I don't know), holding himself as representing the school, or violating some code of academic ethics, then his political actions should be entirely independent of his enrollment status.
                                Have to figure the legal waters are muddy here. There's probably something in the student code of conduct like, "Any actions which cause the good name and reputation of the school to be subjected to question, suspicion, or ridicule may be subject to administrative discipline, up to and including expulsion." However, if he wasn't exhibiting himself as a representative of the school (wearing Nevada apparel and such), I don't see how that passes muster in court. It was his classmates that outed him, presumably based on recognizing him in photos. Was he posting the pics to social media himself and bragging about his attendance, or did they appear on other people's accounts? Are they photos from news sources?

However, I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

If they can't outright expel him, I have to think he's likely to leave of his own volition, which I'm sure is the real goal of 'outing' him to the entire campus. He'll be shunned by 98% of the student body, as we're already seeing with the student orgs he was part of.

Comment

Working...
                                X