Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio play-by-play / side-kick drinking game

2 oz. Kessler for every time Jim Price (Det. Tigers) says:
    "That was a yellowhammer, folks" describing (I think) curve ball that goes letter-high to shoe-high.
    "I'll say it again: 'The art of pitching'"
    "Nice area" - when someone's home city is mentioned. Usually a listener/contestant

Re: Radio play-by-play / side-kick drinking game

Or The Bob Newhart Show drinking game, where you drink every time someone says "Bob."

When Howard Borden comes to visit you can get hammered pretty quickly!
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Dirk Hembroff, Michigan Tech:

Dirk spontaneously undergoes puberty on a scoring chance/defensive flurry = sip until his voice goes back to normal.
      1 sip for any reference to Dick's Pump-N-Munch.
      1 sip if Dirk blatantly anti-homers about a penalty.
      1 sip if the weather guy lets his kid/an intern read the news/weather and there's an unholy amount of dead air.
      WKMJ's server bites the dust and the feed drops = finish your drink.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        Or The Bob Newhart Show drinking game, where you drink every time someone says "Bob."

When Howard Borden comes to visit you can get hammered pretty quickly!
        All depends on what's in that glass I guess .

Comment

The only thing I can think of here is the Harvard announcers. They amuse me greatly... The line about the "slow slowing style of Big Red hockey" will amuse me in a Roboshark fashion forever.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Dirk Hembroff, Michigan Tech:

Dirk spontaneously undergoes puberty on a scoring chance/defensive flurry = sip until his voice goes back to normal.
            1 sip for any reference to Dick's Pump-N-Munch.
            1 sip if Dirk blatantly anti-homers about a penalty.
            1 sip if the weather guy lets his kid/an intern read the news/weather and there's an unholy amount of dead air.
            WKMJ's server bites the dust and the feed drops = finish your drink.
            I also drink whenever former Husky Brent Peterson's Edward Jones franchise is plugged.

Comment

Hawk Harrelson speaks:

Down a bottle of aspirin and chug a bottle of Jack...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Whenever Jack Edwards cackles to himself, complains about composite sticks or goes on a bizarre rant comparing the Bruins to a historical figure/figures, drink and then realize part of you just died...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Hawk Harrelson speaks:

Down a bottle of aspirin and chug a bottle of Jack...
                  "Stay fair! Stay fair" will be followed by "You can put it on the boooooaaaarrrrrrd ..."

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    "Stay fair! Stay fair" will be followed by "You can put it on the boooooaaaarrrrrrd ..."
                    That isn't "take a drink", that is "put a .357 to your temple and say goodnight". How anyone listens to that idiot is beyond me.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                    X