This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Was checking the HE site and see that BU did get the trophy on the ice yesterday despite being the 2 seed. So with BC not getting it last year but BU getting it this year, doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to what happens. Maybe Joey B forgot the trophy last year!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Was checking the HE site and see that BU did get the trophy on the ice yesterday despite being the 2 seed. So with BC not getting it last year but BU getting it this year, doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to what happens. Maybe Joey B forgot the trophy last year!
      My guess... it was Jerry's choice, or the team's choice.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Well now that the RS is over, congrats to:

Keller (1st) and Harper (2nd) for being the top two freshmen scorers
        Oettinger for leading the conference in GAA

(league stats only)
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

have to think it was in the house because if nd won they would have been solo-first. given that they lost and our boys tied joe b just figured, "hey...."
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The trophy was at Agganis because ND had a chance to win the league outright with a win. So that's why BU got it. They couldn't bring it to Tsongas because a win by Lowell didn't clinch the league (not would a win by BC the night before have either). Apparently they are now creating "replica" trophies in the event that this scenario is repeated in the future.

Comment

For those who have been at the games: Has Bellows turned a corner? 3-2-5 and 17 SOG over the last 5 games would suggest that he may have.

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                For those who have been at the games: Has Bellows turned a corner? 3-2-5 and 17 SOG over the last 5 games would suggest that he may have.
                I think he has as well. He looks more involved out there and is playing with more physicality and discipline. Instead of coasting he's skating harder, making smarter, simpler plays with and without the puck. Hope he can continue elevating his play in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                  Turned a corner? Yes. His play over the last 5 has improved significantly. He's not at the level many predicted he'd be, but he's earned his ice time, reduced his penalty minutes greatly, and gelled well with his linemates. It's also helpful that Quinn isn't playing russian roulette with his lineup spot every night now. He's fit in really well with Cloonan and Phelps as well as being on the second PP line. Him continuing to produce from the third line and becoming more of the scoring threat he was expected to be really makes us a much more difficult matchup.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

When is BU's spring break? Will it be ending or starting as the QFs begin?

Men's basketball and women's hockey both won big games yesterday as well. And I believe men's lax too. Good day to be a Terrier.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      The trophy was at Agganis because ND had a chance to win the league outright with a win. So that's why BU got it. They couldn't bring it to Tsongas because a win by Lowell didn't clinch the league (not would a win by BC the night before have either). Apparently they are now creating "replica" trophies in the event that this scenario is repeated in the future.
                      A win by BC on Friday night would have clinched BC at least a split of the championship (31 points, only tie if BU sweeps). So they probably should have brought it to the Tsongas that night.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        A win by BC on Friday night would have clinched BC at least a split of the championship (31 points, only tie if BU sweeps). So they probably should have brought it to the Tsongas that night.
                        It actually was there. Bertagna was on the ASN/NESN broadcast during the second period and he said he had it with him just in case.

BTW, I actually like the appearance of the regular season trophy with the silver hockey sticks, etc. more so than the clunky, terraced "Temple of Doom"-appearing one for the tournament championship. Just like the look of it. But in spite of that, still looking forward to Lowell grabbing another at the Garden.
                        Last edited by riverchief1; 02-26-2017, 03:49 PM.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Men's basketball and women's hockey both won big games yesterday as well. And I believe men's lax too. Good day to be a Terrier.
                          Today as well. Women's hockey beat UNH 3-2 to win their quarterfinal series. Especially important because the semis and finals are at Walter Brown this year.

Couldn't even find a BU thread on the Women's forum so posted it here...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Today as well. Women's hockey beat UNH 3-2 to win their quarterfinal series. Especially important because the semis and finals are at Walter Brown this year.

Couldn't even find a BU thread on the Women's forum so posted it here...
                            There is no BU thread there ever.
                            Kinda just piggyback off other threads from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                              There is no BU thread there ever.
                              I know you're pretty new here, but there are old BU threads in the women's forum. I started one when WBA was renovated before the 2010-11 season: Boston University Women's Hockey. It lasted the entire season and had 78 posts, although I wrote almost a third of them. Bumbles started one the next season: BU Terriers 2011-2012, but they never posted again, so it died a quick death as I didn't want to have to carry a BU thread by myself for another season. Bumbles also started one for an NCAA quarterfinal game in 2013: 2013 NCAA Semifinal: Boston University vs. Mercyhurst that had 30 posts.

So never, not exactly. And you could start one for the women, or even resurrect my thread, as it doesn't have years in the title.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                                They did.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X