Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Well, since we don't have football as a sport I highly doubt they cover it. I'm not a huge fan of Ahlers. The color guy, Terry Leahy, is a Good color guy.
    If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Well, that was a pretty terrible weekend of hockey. North Dakota made us look really weak. NCAA chances are pretty slim now. Friday's attendance was disappointing, lots of empty seats. Whoever said that we needed a 10,000 seat arena was a bit off base.

Off to the road for the next two weeks. Let's hope there is some magic there, because we have looked like crap the past few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
        Well, since we don't have football as a sport I highly doubt they cover it. I'm not a huge fan of Ahlers. The color guy, Terry Leahy, is a Good color guy.
        I miss the UND-UNO football rivalry from the ole NCC days. Always great games. Pretty bummed that UNO cut the football program.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope Red Cows is ok. Has been missing since UNO began to struggle. His whole "just get into the NCAA tournament, who cares about regular season or conference titles" line of thinking is being challenged and in jeopardy of not happening if UNO doesn't turn things around.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
          Do the UNO play by play cover golf or football first and cover the hockey games as a novelty? They suck.
          It's literally an assistant AD doing it. He has a nice resume, having done PBP for Maine hockey in the mid 90s and over a decade experience in the AHL, but I've never been impressed with him, either.
          What's worse is the station they're on doesn't even cover the entire city. There are dead spots all over western Omaha.

Has a team ever swept their noncon only to not make the NCAAs? It looks like UNO is well on its way to doing that. They'll need some help in the postseason to get in at this rate.

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
          I miss the UND-UNO football rivalry from the ole NCC days. Always great games. Pretty bummed that UNO cut the football program.
          When are you guys gonna join up with the other Dakota schools instead of bumming around with Sacramento State and Northern Arizona?
          I was honestly kind of hoping for an all-sports rivalry between UNO and UND, since they closed the basketball regular season playing each other the last couple years and had that CIT matchup. Apparently that's not happening, though.

I hope Red Cows is ok. Has been missing since UNO began to struggle. His whole "just get into the NCAA tournament, who cares about regular season or conference titles" line of thinking is being challenged and in jeopardy of not happening if UNO doesn't turn things around.
          I really feel bad for what I did, truthfully. I hope he comes back. If you're reading this, Red Cows, I'm sorry.

I still stand by that I want to see at least one trophy in the case, though. It's embarrassing that the program's been around for almost 20 years with nothing to show for it. Even RIT has a conference championship to go with its Frozen Four bid.
          Last edited by AkSarBen; 02-28-2016, 01:12 AM. Reason: Avoiding a doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            UNO will be the team to miss the tourney.
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.

I enjoy schadenfreude as much as the next person, so the exchanges in this thread from the first two weeks of January, including Tipsy's, are rather amusing.

But this has gotten out of control. It's not good for the NCHC to have one of its teams completely shart the bed and drop from a sure tournament bid to completely out of the dance altogether. As a conference it is good for us to have our teams build a strong hockey legacy, whether that includes regular season championships, tourney appearances or national championships.

So, that said, any of you Omaha fans who know Red Cows need to locate him, stat. He needs to get his butt in here and fix this. I don't know if he needs to sacrifice a goat, proclaim his undying love for SCSU or what, but this needs to end. Ask Chicago and Boston fans. These curse things can get out of control if you don't nip them in the bud right away.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Even worse, if Denver, the hottest team in the NCHC, gets 1 point this weekend, UNO likely gets another 2 games in Denver
              UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.

I enjoy schadenfreude as much as the next person, so the exchanges in this thread from the first two weeks of January, including Tipsy's, are rather amusing.

But this has gotten out of control. It's not good for the NCHC to have one of its teams completely shart the bed and drop from a sure tournament bid to completely out of the dance altogether. As a conference it is good for us to have our teams build a strong hockey legacy, whether that includes regular season championships, tourney appearances or national championships.

So, that said, any of you Omaha fans who know Red Cows need to locate him, stat. He needs to get his butt in here and fix this. I don't know if he needs to sacrifice a goat, proclaim his undying love for SCSU or what, but this needs to end. Ask Chicago and Boston fans. These curse things can get out of control if you don't nip them in the bud right away.
                I am merely an oracle.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Tonight could be the end of the end for UNO. Win tonight and take confidence into Saturday and into the FF. Lose tonight and continue the death spiral that has been the 2nd half.
                  UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Anyone have tonight's line charts or at least who is in net for each team?
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Before this killer six game stretch began I assured Mavs fans on Twitter that 1-5 would be enough to keep them in the field because of the RPI. They are 0-5. A loss tonight coupled by wins by Pedo State, Minnesota and/or Duluth will drop UNO below the projected cut line. UNO would then need a playoff sweep next weekend to get back above the bubble.
                      A win tonight and they will likely only need one win next weekend to secure a bid.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                        I knew what you did. Gave me a good chuckle. That poster needs a little more time to get used to you.
                        Glad you picked up on it. I suppose the guy would have had to have seen the original post to pick up on the sarcasm.

Comment

Yes, the lines for tonight are:
                          Lines 1-4: doesn't matter
                          Goalie: doesn't matter

UNO gets swept regardless of who is on the ice. I'm used to epic collapses in the second half...but this...epic doesn't qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Brutal. Absolutely brutal. I wasn't about to agree with Tipsy on that prophetic proclamation. I had seen our home record in the fall and knew that our record was propped up by some less-than superior competition. But even I wasn't about to predict this epic of a collapse. This is nearly historic. One trip to the Frozen Four is what it is: a trip to the Frozen Four. It's the George Mason of March Madness. You would never compare George Mason to Kansas University just because they made it to ONE Final Four. If you do, you're ignorant to the facts. The Curse of the Cow is ringing true here: never, ever, ever, make comparison's to long-standing programs simply because you beat them on the road during a regular season contest. It's some sort of Native American curse I think. They have brought their wrath upon our program and shall keep us from the NCAAs.
                            Last edited by gomavs#1; 03-05-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Anyone have tonight's line charts or at least who is in net for each team?
                              If you used your twitter account you could figure this out pretty easily.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Three.

Mile.

Island.

Comment

Working...
                                X