Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Are you saying you think he's a stud based on what you have seen or based on his recruiting hype? I wouldn't say stud but he was thought of as a pretty good stay at home dman. Mattila was a good recruit and moore/mcinnis had good years in ushl. Really, campoli had more hype than a michael kim but they like him.
    Seen him once against CC.
    Yes, that's what I said. I never have and never will comment on a player I haven't seen. I leave that to the soothsayers. Campoli reminded me of Santini against CC. Big hits, cleans house in front of the net. You come into his space and he will make life difficult for you. That's what I saw. But that's one game, and what the heck what do I know? Six puck movers in the d-zone is the wave of the present.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      There was a lot of empty seats down in the bowl last night. Would that be due to people not showing up because of the early start?
      The stats page at Hockey East says attendance was 5019. That wouldn't be my guess. The entire upper level student section behind the visitor bench was empty, as well as the sporadic lower bowl.

6 pm start time: I imagine it is difficult for many because of work, but as far as traffic is concerned, we breezed right in. The 7 pm game vs CC was a 30 minute longer drive time from the south shore. Doesn't matter to me either way. Tell me what time the game starts, I'll be there.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        The stats page at Hockey East says attendance was 5019. That wouldn't be my guess. The entire upper level student section behind the visitor bench was empty, as well as the sporadic lower bowl.

6 pm start time: I imagine it is difficult for many because of work, but as far as traffic is concerned, we breezed right in. The 7 pm game vs CC was a 30 minute longer drive time from the south shore. Doesn't matter to me either way. Tell me what time the game starts, I'll be there.
        Was just curious. Nosing around on the ticket site they had everything sold out in the lower bowl except the corner sections D and I.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          5-2-1 , cant really ask for more than that.
          After 8 games with only 2 at home and with 20 underclassmen. Amen to that.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Sounds like Woll and Oettinger are both thriving. Should make for some fun battles for team and individual hardware for (hopefully) at least a couple years.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Campoli def brings a different element and i think because of that we will see him more down the line.

Comment

So will there be no live stream available of the game with MN? These games are always fun to watch and it will be tough to miss. My guess is teams are pretty even this year, towards top when playing well, but a ways to go yet to be a serious contender at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Probably 5019 is tickets sold. I believe this is the final year of the ASN TV contract. 6pm is very difficult for people, especially in Boston. Sure looks like it had a big negative effect on ticket sales and attendance. Hopefully, they don't make this mistake again if they decide to renew.

2 game misconducts in a row for Gaudreau. Any possibility that when the coaching staff told him he needed to help fill the shoes of Miles Wood, he took that a little too literally?!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    So will there be no live stream available of the game with MN? These games are always fun to watch and it will be tough to miss. My guess is teams are pretty even this year, towards top when playing well, but a ways to go yet to be a serious contender at the end of the year.
                    There'll be a live stream on BCEAGLES.TV but it's pay per view.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      There'll be a live stream on BCEAGLES.TV but it's pay per view.
                      cost?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Campoli def brings a different element and i think because of that we will see him more down the line.
                        I recall he was injured in a development camp during the summer? That could have something to do with it.
                        Or, if he's our #7 d-man, we've got some depth on the blue line. I can live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          2 game misconducts in a row for Gaudreau. Any possibility that when the coaching staff told him he needed to help fill the shoes of Miles Wood, he took that a little too literally?!
                          Haha.
                          That was pretty strange. Appeared he was being sent to the bench for equipment repair (chin strap)? The ref followed him to the bench and seemed Matty was yapping the whole time. After he got to the bench, then maybe the ref had had enough and gave him ten? Not sure how it went down, but clearly Matty needs to reevaluate behavior that the zebra's are taking exception to, and do something to correct it. He had a 10:00 last season as well against NU (after Wood had gotten 10:00 in the same game ).

Comment

10 min misconducts, not game misconducts

Brown said it would be addressed. i think the first one happened when merrimack game was already over.

Comment

If i had to guess he was probably asking the ref how his cage got messed up (meaning someone grabbed it)

Comment

Certainly remember the one against NU last year, worst officiated game of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X