Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State vs Wisconsin 2/7 - 2/8

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    You could define it either way. When each team takes at least some part of the six points, then you could say that the two teams split the points. A three-three split would be a split down the middle, but that isn't necessarily the only definition.
    Thanks, ARM! Heck, we had lost 20 or 30 games in a row vs the Gophers so I guess I got a little carried away calling it a split (according to Pokechecker, anyway)! Nice game vs Bemidji tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      Nice game vs Bemidji tonight.
      Just one of those games for BSU; some nights, everything goes wrong.

The Buckeyes look like they played a nice game against Wisconsin tonight. The Badgers are just so tough to score against. You have to play so clean to have a chance against them. Good luck tomorrow.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The Buckeyes look like they played a nice game against Wisconsin tonight. The Badgers are just so tough to score against. You have to play so clean to have a chance against them.
        Very true. If you get a chance to check out tonight's Three Stars on the WCHA thread, you'll see my take runs very much along those lines.
        Last edited by pgb-ohio; 02-08-2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I tried to watch the game via the video feed, but because of the small barn, the camera is not very high above the ice surface and whomever was running it was apparently afraid of the zoom button. I had a view of half the audience most of the time. Very frustrating. Mostly I just listened to the audio, instead.
          It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Just one of those games for BSU; some nights, everything goes wrong.

The Buckeyes look like they played a nice game against Wisconsin tonight. The Badgers are just so tough to score against. You have to play so clean to have a chance against them. Good luck tomorrow.
            Playing a nice game means betting outshot 34-14? Your standards are pretty low for a rodent fan. I'd call that getting dominated. Or do you mean play nice as in let the visitor have their way with you out of being polite and friendly? If that's the case Bemiji played really really really really nice.

So what are the rink dimensions at OSU's barn?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              So what are the rink dimensions at OSU's barn?
              200x85.

I'm guessing you're a longtime fan, and are thinking of the pre-renovation Ice Rink. In its previous incarnation, the rink was more than 10 feet short, and a couple of feet narrow as well. The dimensions were very similar to Chicago Stadium and the old Boston Garden. But that's so 20th Century.

The small rink size certainly had ramifications for the D-1 Men back in the '90's. But for the entire run of Women's Varsity Hockey at OSU we've been on the standard 200x85.

P.S. Thanks much for all the info on Claudia Kepler. Very informative post.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Playing a nice game means betting outshot 34-14? Your standards are pretty low for a rodent fan. I'd call that getting dominated.
                They were down one with five minutes to go against a superior opponent. Any underdog just wants a chance to steal a game at the end. Having not seen the game, I can't say if they were playing well or not, or if Steffes just kept them in the game. Beyond that, only the scoreboard really matters. Bemidji State, on the other hand, was down down two to start the second period, so they had to try to force the issue and wound up in a transition game that wasn't to its advantage last night.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

OK, I'm getting confused as to which comment connects to which game.

Speaking as to what happened in Columbus last night: The Buckeye defense played quite well before breaking down a bit at the end. It was absolutely anyone's game until the Jaminski goal with about 5 minutes left. The McKinnon injury also seemed to take an emotional toll. But certainly there was no "dominance."

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    OK, I'm getting confused as to which comment connects to which game.

Speaking as to what happened in Columbus last night: The Buckeye defense played quite well before breaking down a bit at the end. It was absolutely anyone's game until the Jaminski goal with about 5 minutes left. The McKinnon injury also seemed to take an emotional toll. But certainly there was no "dominance."
                    Having been at the game, I agree, Wisconsin did not "dominate" last night. That was a 1-0 game until Wisconsin converted a couple of turnovers in our own end into goals in the last five minutes of the game. As for today's game, it was more competitive than last night's. In fact, the Bucks appeared to have tied the game with 11 seconds to go, but it was waved off due to a hand pass. I was sitting at the other end of the ice and did not have a good look at it. I saw the puck go from one side of the crease to the other and we put it in, but I did not see the hand pass. Tough loss for the Buckeyes, but they competed well today. Need to get points at Bemidji next weekend to stay ahead of them, then come home for the regular season finale vs North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      ...As for today's game, it was more competitive than last night's. In fact, the Bucks appeared to have tied the game with 11 seconds to go, but it was waved off due to a hand pass. I was sitting at the other end of the ice and did not have a good look at it. I saw the puck go from one side of the crease to the other and we put it in, but I did not see the hand pass. Tough loss for the Buckeyes, but they competed well today. Need to get points at Bemidji next weekend to stay ahead of them, then come home for the regular season finale vs North Dakota.
                      Good observations. For additional detail, see my Three Stars post on the WCHA thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X