Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearcat View Post
    This just in....NO Changes to NESCAC conf. LOL

it's D-3 ladies...why all the bogus movement?? Good eff ing grief.......Pick a conf. and stay there.
    Some are following their men's programs, some are looking to save travel costs.

And tournament expansion is not guaranteed.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      ECAC West
      1 Buffalo
      2 Cortland
      3 Oswego
      4 Plattsburgh
      5 Potsdam
      I am 90% sure this will not be called the ECAC West next season.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Re: D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        I am 90% sure this will not be called the ECAC West next season.
        Do you think yesterday's announcement that Plattsburgh will be adding women's LAX (making all 10 SUNYAC members particpants) could be part of a larger negotiation where the women's hockey schools add a sport they're missing and some combo of Genny, Freddy and Brockport add Women's Ice Hockey? It was a thought that occurred to me when I saw the news but I could be reading too much into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
          Do you think yesterday's announcement that Plattsburgh will be adding women's LAX (making all 10 SUNYAC members particpants) could be part of a larger negotiation where the women's hockey schools add a sport they're missing and some combo of Genny, Freddy and Brockport add Women's Ice Hockey? It was a thought that occurred to me when I saw the news but I could be reading too much into it.
          You're reading way too much into it.

Besides, why would Genny, Freddy, or Brockport give a hoot that Plattsburgh is adding women's lax? Each school has their own budget to worry about. They don't care what other schools do.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            You're reading way too much into it.

Besides, why would Genny, Freddy, or Brockport give a hoot that Plattsburgh is adding women's lax? Each school has their own budget to worry about. They don't care what other schools do.
            My thinking was they were coordinating adding programs to various sports within the SUNYAC to strengthen the SUNYAC as a whole...of course the first and immediate flaw in that thought process is how does adding 1 program to a 9 conference sport "strengthen" it other than even scheduling? Just me getting my hopes up for a a seven team SUNYAC WIH conference...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              My thinking was they were coordinating adding programs to various sports within the SUNYAC to strengthen the SUNYAC as a whole...of course the first and immediate flaw in that thought process is how does adding 1 program to a 9 conference sport "strengthen" it other than even scheduling? Just me getting my hopes up for a a seven team SUNYAC WIH conference...
              Not really that far fetched to me. Maybe 'coordinating' is too strong but given the group's common interests I'm sure they share ideas and over time this would tend to occur naturally

Comment

Nazareth has officially announced Women's Hockey
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                  Nazareth has officially announced Women's Hockey

Link to the story.
                  Will be starting in 2018-19 and joining the UCHC.

Comment

I noticed that Wilkes is not listed among teams in the UCHC in that article.

Comment

From the linked article;
                      "Upon its launch next season, the league will feature ten full members for men, and nine for women. Elmira, Utica, Hobart and William Smith, King's, Lebanon Valley, Manhattanville, Chatham, Neumann, and Stevenson will place both men's and women's entries into the league's inaugural season, while Nazareth will field a men's team exclusively.

Each league will gain an additional full member in year two when the newly created men's and women's programs at Wilkes University will play an abbreviated UCHC schedule in their inaugural 2017-18 season before assuming full-fledged conference membership with a complete league schedule in 2018-19."

http://www.d3hockey.com/notables/201...ut-next-season

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                        I noticed that Wilkes is not listed among teams in the UCHC in that article.
                        Wilkes joins in 2018. They play an abbreviated schedule in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by GoalieDad32 View Post
                          Wilkes joins in 2018. They play an abbreviated schedule in 2017.
                          Naz doesn't start until 2018-19. The article said 2018-19 and still didn't mention Wilkes.

Comment

Naz doesn't start until 2018-19. The article said 2018-19 and still didn't mention Wilkes.
                            Then it must be "fake news." Lol, I'm sure it was just a simple omission.

Comment

This article mentions Wilkes, among others, in the UCHC.

http://www.uscho.com/2016/10/04/unit...ks-in-2017-18/

Comment

Colby HC Holley Tyng has the interim tag removed

Comment

Working...
                                X